Pinball Hall of Fame (Williams) PSP 18.99 Free Shipping No Tax

SaraAB

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
At deepdiscount.com:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=21212187

Amazon doesn't have free shipping since you have to order 25$ worth of stuff and this game is IMPOSSIBLE to find anywhere other than amazon's online store so I figured this was a deal worthy of posting. Gamestop isn't carrying this game for some reason. I guess they are focusing so much on "casual" gamers nowadays that this title is not being stocked by their store.

Other versions of this game are available on deepdiscount.com too, all with free shipping and no tax.

[quote name='SaraAB']At deepdiscount.com:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=21212187

Amazon doesn't have free shipping since you have to order 25$ worth of stuff and this game is IMPOSSIBLE to find anywhere other than amazon's online store so I figured this was a deal worthy of posting. Gamestop isn't carrying this game for some reason. I guess they are focusing so much on "casual" gamers nowadays that this title is not being stocked by their store.

Other versions of this game are available on deepdiscount.com too, all with free shipping and no tax.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played the PSP version yet, but the Wii version is quite awesome.

RD

I got the PS2 version at buy.com for 7.39 and 3 day shipping using google checkout. I haven't received it yet, but it's cool that it includes Pinbot, which I actually have. A buddy of mine also has a Whirlwind pin, which is also on the disc. And yes, this game is impossible to find. I checked all the stores in my area and nobody carries it for any of the 3 platforms. I'm hoping they come out with a Bally's HOF version.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I got the PS2 version at buy.com for 7.39 and 3 day shipping using google checkout. I haven't received it yet, but it's cool that it includes Pinbot, which I actually have. A buddy of mine also has a Whirlwind pin, which is also on the disc. And yes, this game is impossible to find. I checked all the stores in my area and nobody carries it for any of the 3 platforms. I'm hoping they come out with a Bally's HOF version.[/quote]

Absolutely agree with you. I want Twilight Zone pinball sooooo baaaad!

shuma gorath's pupil;4090417 said:
Absolutely agree with you. I want Twilight Zone pinball sooooo baaaad!

Not likely. Their license has probably expired by now. Same with Addam's Family. Still, there were some good non - licensed, or public domain licenses (particularly Phantom of the Opera), all of which would be awesome to have.

I do wish the Williams collection had included Earthshaker, which I dropped countless quarters into back in the day. The chick I was dating back in the early 90's lived in an apartment complex right next to this c-store/laundry-mat. I used to stay over there all weekend long, so I would head over to the c-store when she was sleeping and play the Earthshaker they had, along with Elvira. The Elvira pin was alright, but man I got hooked on Earthshaker.

Oh, dang -- I just ordered it for $30 from Amazon two days ago...

(And I'm upset at the lack of High Speed, but them's the breaks)

--R.J.

Awesome! Ordered it today. Funhouse was a college fave.

I played the PSP Hall of Fame Gottlieb collection constantly for months. The emulation was great too. When I used to play the real Tee'd Off, the ball tended to get stuck in a certain spot, forcing you to carefully tilt the game. Sure enough, I get the PSP version and the ball tended to get stuck in the same place!

The PSP definitely needs more PINBALL!!!

I played the Gottlieb one for a long time too, very good game. These are games that will have constant replay value so they are very good purchases. There is a severe lack of pinball in this area now so these collections that emulate it so well are definitely a welcome thing!

I had the first PHO and while it was a good game the tables really didn't interest me, especially the older ones. The Williams collection looks to have a much better lineup of tables.

Picked one up today. IGN gave the PS2 and Wii versions an 8. Hopefully the PSP version will be on par with those. Thanks for posting this. The game is damn near impossible to find.

This is one of those great PSP games that got totally overlooked.

IMHO, if you like REAL Pinball and have a PSP, this game needs to be in your portable collection.

Anyone know what firmware it requires? And if it is anything like the first Pinball Hall of Fame, then it is awesome. I am excited to hear that Whirlwind is on there. I pumped a lot of quarters into that game back in the day.

Chris

[quote name='Jibbajaba']Anyone know what firmware it requires? And if it is anything like the first Pinball Hall of Fame, then it is awesome. I am excited to hear that Whirlwind is on there. I pumped a lot of quarters into that game back in the day.

Chris[/quote]

I just checked my copy of the game--FW v2.00 is included on the UMD, so I'm assuming your PSP needs FW v2.00 or greater to run this.

Are you talking about Williams or Gottlieb? I can't imagine Williams coming with such an old firmware unless the game's been totally done for ages.. (I know it was delayed, but were they just sitting on a finished game?)

Its a pretty simple game, I think we should be lucky we got a release of this at all, since its basically sold in no stores.

My PS2 version I ordered from buy.com got canceled, probably because of multiple google checkouts..lol. Anyways, I ended up instead getting the PSP version from amazon for 19.99 shipped. Great game and some nice tables that I played quite a bit back in the day. Whirlwind is probably my favorite, bu tI did play that one a ton for free since my buddy had it in his house.

Well, buyer beware! I ordered from DD, and they sent me the PS2 version instead of the PSP version that I clearly ordered (says right there on the packing slip). DD's shipping takes forever, and only to receive the wrong version. I requested a refund. I'd rather just order from Amazon for $1 more + 2-day shipping. Deep Discount isn't really worth my time these days. I can't really recall the last time they did something right after the transition.

[quote name='Jibbajaba']Anyone know what firmware it requires? And if it is anything like the first Pinball Hall of Fame, then it is awesome. I am excited to hear that Whirlwind is on there. I pumped a lot of quarters into that game back in the day.

Chris[/quote]

Bought my copy at MicroCenter - so we know at least one b+m carries it. Unfortunately it needs 3.72 firmware! Can't play until I get the GOW bundle. So thrilled to find the game, then it all came crashing down when it prompted me to update. Ugh. :twoguns:

BTW, GameQuestDirect also has this game in stock for $18.99. Use CAG's free shipping code CAG1SHIP and you don't have to deal with DeepDiscount's slooooooow shipping (and apparently wrong game probs).

It also took me forever to get mine.

I even emailed them, because I was worried that my shipment got lost.

It took exactly 15 business days (not including the weekends) for me to receive >_<

Not sure if I will ever order from them again...

I ordered the PSP version from DD too and it took a long time for shipping. At least I got the right version, but I think that will be the first and last time I ever use Deep Discount.

I would only use them again if it was a situation like this where the game was not available at any B&M store near me and amazon had it backordered at the time I placed my order.

Chris[/quote]

Bought my copy at MicroCenter - so we know at least one b+m carries it. Unfortunately it needs 3.72 firmware! Can't play until I get the GOW bundle. So thrilled to find the game, then it all came crashing down when it prompted me to update. Ugh. :twoguns:

BTW, GameQuestDirect also has this game in stock for $18.99. Use CAG's free shipping code CAG1SHIP and you don't have to deal with DeepDiscount's slooooooow shipping (and apparently wrong game probs).

It also took me forever to get mine.

I even emailed them, because I was worried that my shipment got lost.

It took exactly 15 business days (not including the weekends) for me to receive >_<

Not sure if I will ever order from them again...

I ordered the PSP version from DD too and it took a long time for shipping. At least I got the right version, but I think that will be the first and last time I ever use Deep Discount.

I would only use them again if it was a situation like this where the game was not available at any B&M store near me and amazon had it backordered at the time I placed my order.

Got mine for the Wii from DeepDiscount. I will not order videogames from them ever again. Way way too long to ship. Never had a problem with their DVD orders, I am a regular customer, and when one of my orders got damaged they replaced it promptly. DVDs generally take a week or so to arrive via free shipping. This took about 3 weeks.

On the bright side, it is a very very very well done game. If you like pinball, you owe it to yourself to play this as Williams produced some of the best, possibly _the_ best machines, and this package is a very faithful representation of each machine. Playing on a big screen I go right past the mediocre Wii graphics and straight into the sheer fun of each table. Some day Funhouse will be mine. Until that day, the Wii version almost sates the jones.

This is a great game, I couldn't agree more. Does anyone wonder if the shipping problems for this game have to do with them not having enough copies, amazon had theirs shipping in 2 weeks pretty much everytime I checked, so that could explain the delay.

I was wondering if they just didn't have enough copies to fill the amount of orders too, but a little email saying they were having supply issues or something to that effect would have been nice. Like you said earlier Sara, unless it's my last resort, I probably won't use them again.

I finally got to play the Williams collection and it great, but has anyone run into any glitches where you can't go left or right in the arcade to select tables?

When I am in the main menu to scroll through the selections it won't work properly at random times. Sometimes only left, sometimes only right. Pretty annoying. It doesn't seem to affect gameplay otherwise.

bread's done
Back