Import Shops In Columbus, OH?

gamechaser001

CAG Veteran
Are there any import shops in the Columbus/Dublin, OH area? Like import shops that not only sell import games, but also sell import movies?

I do most of my importing on Play-Asia.com, but for the way they sort the items on their site, it's hard to find some things on their site, so I would rather have a place where I could pick up the item and closely examine it before I buy it

I'm from northern Ohio, but I would assume with that large Japanese population down in Columbus (from the Honda mfg plants) there would have to be some. Have you tried going to Gamestop's and the like and asking various employees if they know anything about import stores?

If they would be anywhere, I'd say try down around campus and downtown. There was a little shop on 5th Ave. between Kenny and King that I used to look in every once in a while when I was in school down there. I don't know if they do anything about importing, but they always had older systems/games along with some different accessories. I can't remember the name, but they are in a little mini-mall with a Mark-Pi's on one end and a UDF across the street.

There's one in the Kenny Center on the corner of Kenny and Old Henderson. The same plaza has a Japanese bakery, grocery store and book shop.

[quote name='pinkcrow']There's one in the Kenny Center on the corner of Kenny and Old Henderson. The same plaza has a Japanese bakery, grocery store and book shop.[/QUOTE]

YO Games - short for Yellow Oasis. They do have a fair selection of import games/movies, and can probably special order anything you need that they don't have in stock.

Anime Palace, up north near Polaris.

Ohio Store/Office / ( New location will be coming soon)
400-9 Lazelle RD.
Columbus, OH 43240 USA
tel: 614-848-6688
Office Hr.
Mon-Sat 11:00 to 6:00 (EST)
Sun: 12: 00 to 4:00 (EST)
Schedule is subject to change due to conventions.
Emails: [email protected] Fax: +1-408-737-8166

[quote name='Hockey37']If they would be anywhere, I'd say try down around campus and downtown. There was a little shop on 5th Ave. between Kenny and King that I used to look in every once in a while when I was in school down there. I don't know if they do anything about importing, but they always had older systems/games along with some different accessories. I can't remember the name, but they are in a little mini-mall with a Mark-Pi's on one end and a UDF across the street.[/quote]

That's where I live. Fun times. That place closed. It was called Games Underground and was mostly overpriced.

bread's done
Back