How to play Dance Dance games on PS3

Jgel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I got 2 different Dance Dance games with Mats on Goozex for my daughter thinking I could play them on my 60 gig PS3. Well I never thought about the plug???? There are PS2 controller to USB plugs, but reviews say that they won't work for the Dance Mat. Is there a way to do this or am I SOL???

[quote name='Jgel']So I got 2 different Dance Dance games with Mats on Goozex for my daughter thinking I could play them on my 60 gig PS3. Well I never thought about the plug???? There are PS2 controller to USB plugs, but reviews say that they won't work for the Dance Mat. Is there a way to do this or am I SOL???[/QUOTE]The Pelican adapter works, but they are hard to find. And regardless of which adapter you get, you may experience some input lag.

Here's a site over DDR pads on PS3:
http://ddrgame.stores.yahoo.net/ps3deluxe.html

And this is another converter:
http://www.ddrgame.com/ps3-accessory-dance-pad-converter.html

[quote name='MarkMan']When using backwards compatibility there is ALWAYS lag... 100% no matter what you use. Your best bet? Get a PS2.[/QUOTE]That's exactly what I tell people when they want to play PS1/PS2 games that support accessories. I don't believe there's anyway to get Taiko Drum Master to work.

20 bucks per....and I would need 2. Ouch, maybe I will just send them back out. Are these my only options?

[quote name='Jgel']20 bucks per....and I would need 2. Ouch, maybe I will just send them back out. Are these my only options?[/QUOTE]The Pelican adapter is $15, if you can find it, but there's no 100% guarantee it may work with your pads (most work).

[quote name='MarkMan']When using backwards compatibility there is ALWAYS lag... 100% no matter what you use. Your best bet? Get a PS2.[/QUOTE]

I gotta call bullshit on that one. I have two Pelican adapters and two dance pads (they are even cheap brand PS one dance pads) and they work perfectly for DDR Max, DDR Max 2, DDR Extreme, DDR Extreme 2, and DDR Supernova on my 60 GB PS3. Now the PS one games (DDR and DDR Konamix) there are some lag problems with those.

[quote name='Purkeynator']I gotta call bullshit on that one. I have two Pelican adapters and two dance pads (they are even cheap brand PS one dance pads) and they work perfectly for DDR Max, DDR Max 2, DDR Extreme, DDR Extreme 2, and DDR Supernova on my 60 GB PS3. Now the PS one games (DDR and DDR Konamix) there are some lag problems with those.[/QUOTE]Markman is pretty trustworthy when it comes to accessories. Although they may work pretty good, there's still a little bit of lag regardless. Oh course PS1 has the most lag (we all know that). The Pelican adapter just happens to be the one with the least lag.

If you play the game in 480i/p does that help to reduce the lag? [ I thought it was lag due to the picture display not the actual equipment. ]

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Markman is pretty trustworthy when it comes to accessories. Although they may work pretty good, there's still a little bit of lag regardless. Oh course PS1 has the most lag (we all know that). The Pelican adapter just happens to be the one with the least lag.[/QUOTE]

Well not on my setup. I am using HDMI straight to my T.V. I don't know if that matters but believe me when I say there is no lag. I have been playing the DDR games since the release of the first DDR on Playstation years ago. If there was lag there would be no way I could overcome and get AA rankings and 200 combos. I am just not that good.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Well not on my setup. I am using HDMI straight to my T.V. I don't know if that matters but believe me when I say there is no lag. I have been playing the DDR games since the release of the first DDR on Playstation years ago. If there was lag there would be no way I could overcome and get AA rankings and 200 combos. I am just not that good.[/QUOTE]In my case, I have played DDR on my PS3 and PS2 with a regular controller before (not often since I usually use a dance pad), and there is definitely a difference between the timing on whether you play it on PS3 or PS2. On the PS2, I can hit the button directly at the arrow to get a perfect, while on the PS3, I have to hit slightly ahead. You'll can still easily get a AA, but when you compare timing between the two, there certainly is a difference and when going back and forth requires some adjustment.

bread's done
Back