Travian (Browser based village builder)

AvidWriter

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
http://www.travian.us/

Does anyone here play Travian? It’s like a sim city almost but medieval and well have a look if you don't know.

Are there any games like this that are for the PC? I've played sim city games but they don't have resources and RTS are too fast paced and level/war based. Anything similar?

Thanks.

Take a look at Majesty

It looks like an RTS, but is centered more around building your city. The only way you can attack things is to put a monetary bounty on an enemy and hope it is enough to entice some of your units to take it out. It is real time though, so it may be too twitchy for your taste.

Have you tried any of the Impressions city builders like Caesar, Zeus and others?

[quote name='m6oo']Take a look at Majesty

It looks like an RTS, but is centered more around building your city. The only way you can attack things is to put a monetary bounty on an enemy and hope it is enough to entice some of your units to take it out. It is real time though, so it may be too twitchy for your taste.

Have you tried any of the Impressions city builders like Caesar, Zeus and others?[/QUOTE]

No. Those came out a few years ago yea? I think I remember Caesar.

Yeah, I'm going to bump up an older post. I just wanted to say thanks to the OP for posting this. I got a bit addicted to this game. It's definitely not for everyone, but I'm having fun slowly (keyword - slowly) building up my empire.

If anyone wants to give it a shot, join the US server #5, and we'll get an alliance going.

I just joined Server 5 as Swingman

I dont' know what i'm doing so just upgrading my village lol

Do you produce resources when you're not logged in? I actually seem to have less now than I did last night. I'm under beginner's protection so no one raided me. I did build a cranny so maybe it's already hiding in there lol

Apparently resources don't go up when not logged in. They actually expect people to sit and watch the screen for an hour to get 10-15 of each resource?

[quote name='Swingman']Apparently resources don't go up when not logged in. They actually expect people to sit and watch the screen for an hour to get 10-15 of each resource?[/quote]

No resources go up while when not logged in. That is as long as you have resources to go up.

I actually played travian for a month or two. Basically this is for the people with no lives who want to play a browser game. To best describe this game it is a RTS but made browser based and with time restrictions so you need to check back in constantly (although it isn't long really until you get a bunch of villages).

You start with nothing and you upgrade your stuff to get more resources, buildings and such. Then you have to build up an army and go capture more villages/defend yourself. The bad part of this game is how there is a guild like system where one guild could gather a bunch of players with no lives and huge villages if you happen to be parked by one of then say bye bye to your villages.

Overall though probably one of the best browser games I played.

Well it didn't seem to go up at all for me when I wasn't logged in.

I slept for over 8 hours and only had 65 wood and 60 something clay. I wasn't at 0 when I went to bed and I should have gotten about 11 an hour I think. I'm not the greatest at math but even if I had used up all my resources the previous night, I would have had more when I woke up. I have beginner's protection so no one could have raided me.

Edit: They increased overnight this time. Not sure what happened before unless the cranny was filling up and those resources become unusable for building.

bread's done
Back