Most annoying Xbox Live game community poll

RudyPants

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I was just going through the COD 4 forum and the discussion arose about which Xbox Live community (COD 4, Halo 3, Gears of War, other) has the most annoying players.

I'm curious to see which game - if any - you guys have had the worst experiences playing.

Call of Duty 4 without a doubt. It'll shift to whichever game is most popular, for example when Halo 3 was 'dethroned' and Call of Duty 4 took over, the douchebags moved over as well.

I voted for Gears of War the downtime in between spawning just seemed to really allow the trash talking to fester.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Call of Duty 4 without a doubt. It'll shift to whichever game is most popular, for example when Halo 3 was 'dethroned' and Call of Duty 4 took over, the douchebags moved over as well.[/quote]

^This

Started to get back into Halo recently and noticed that almost everybody I played with wasnt a 10 year old kid and actually talked strategy instead of spamming the mic.

Yeah after burning myself out on Call of Duty 4 I started playing Halo 3 again. I very...very rarely get someone who is an asshole. Actually I've met one or two people who I've added to my friends list because they use their microphones appropriately and are fun to play with.

COD4.

One time on one of our CAG nights, a girl asked us what color underware do we ware and then started saying that we are losers for playing on a friday night, but I just don't understand how that doesn't make her a loser. :whistle2:?

Halo 3 without a doubt. There are some annoying little kids in there and the hardcore players are way too serious about that game.

Gears of War here.....which I seem to be in the minority of the big ones on the list. Halo has always been annoying with its users, so I don't think it should really count. Most of the Halo users are simply retarded. Gears of War, from the get go, has had a troubling community. Eh, actually, I think the Gears of War community and Halo community intersect and overlap quite a bit, but the difference is that even in Halo where most users are annoying, they won't berate you so much for screwing up or using the chainsaw.

I've never had trouble in Rainbow 6 Vegas or in any of the CoDs. I've had people player kill in every CoD, but you can eject them from the game.

[quote name='Kevlar281']I voted for Gears of War the downtime in between spawning just seemed to really allow the trash talking to fester.[/quote]

I would always mute the people in the lobby. It was extremely rare for me to come about "cool" or normal people to play with in that game. Here and there people don't mind if you were just mining for achievements or messing around.

I say Halo, but in all fairness I never played RSV or Gears online. Call of Duty seemed alright when I played it, but it's been a couple of months now.

[quote name='invinceable104']Halo because of all the guest accounts.
Jerks move in packs.[/quote]

Abso-fuckin-lutely.

Gears has alot of jerks too. But, I always play gears with friends, someone I know is usually hosting. Therefore, the boot.

Maybe I'm just weird/lucky/have my headset off at just the right time, but I encounter most of the jerks on Halo and very rarely bump into them on CoD4. Then again, most of my time on CoD4 is spent with CAGs so I might be too busy laughing or spouting one liners "Yes we can!" to notice.

Halo 3...It doesn't matter when you play there is always someone to scream into the mic the whole game and call everyone else gay.

I rarely ever encounter them in Halo 3 anymore when I play Social or Ranked. Sure some voices may be rather unpleasent but I don't count them as annoying as all they're doing is normal talking, wether it be pointing out enemy positions or asking for a gunner. It's also leaps and bounds better than Halo 2 ever was with the annoyance factor.

Though that's the only one I've played online in that list as I've never been interested in playing the others or only played a couple matches before losing interest.

Awesome thread, RudyPants.

I voted for COD4 as well. I think the problem is that;
In the first 4-6 months of a hot FPS' life, you get all the wannbe gangbangers, ultra-potheads, insane juggalos and fraternity pricks getting online, mastering the game, and just "living" on it until the next hottest thing comes out.

I used to think that these were "Halo" players that were such dicks, but XBOX 360 has created such a large community of FPS players, that they're no longer just "Halo assholes", but "FPS-Sluts."

That's right....FPS Sluts. I just made that term up.

Oh, and RageKod, that is definitely a day that will live in infamy. "WHAT COLOR IS YOUR THONG, SIMON!?!??!"

GoW here. I actually never noticed any idiots on H3, but I only owned it for like a week. H2 on the other hand...but COD4 was not as often as GoW. Sure, there are quite a few on COD4, but the number of players is high as well. Seemed like the idiot ratio on GoW was alot higher.

The only game I've played more than an hour or so online is Halo 3 so I'm not qualified to answer this one.

I will say that it's not as bad as I expected. I figured I'd hear a lot of calling people gay and racial slurs but that's been the exception in my experience. I also mute anyone that says any of that junk or is just spamming the mic before the match begins. Most of the time there is no talking at all (even on a team game which is a drag.)

And of course I believe you can't hear anyone not on your team during a ranked match so I'm sure that helps cut down on this stuff, too.

Up until recently my policy was to mute anyone talking in the lobby unless it was a game I may need to hear them in (R6:Vegas is the only one that springs to mind).

But after finding some people trying to boost achievements online for Hour of Victory this weekend I actually found myself quite enjoying chatting to people. Admittedly we were probably the only 6 people in the world playing it so the room was blessedly knobber free, but it's made me think twice about dropping the mute hammer.

I don't play Halo online though as I believe it's still full of twats.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Call of Duty 4 without a doubt. It'll shift to whichever game is most popular, for example when Halo 3 was 'dethroned' and Call of Duty 4 took over, the douchebags moved over as well.[/quote]

Agreed, Which is why I chose "Other". It'll change, So I can't choose any specific title.

[quote name='Ragekod']COD4.

One time on one of our CAG nights, a girl asked us what color underware do we ware and then started saying that we are losers for playing on a friday night, but I just don't understand how that doesn't make her a loser. :whistle2:?[/quote]

It's because she has a vagina.

You'll understand when you're older.

I've really only played Halo 3 and CoD4 online enough to know. Gears seemed bad, but only played it online a couple of times.

Of those, I'd have to go with Halo 3. It's just super full of annoying kids everytime I get on. CoD4 has it's own asshats, swearing, tossing racial slurs etc., along with some kids too. But I can hardly ever play random Halo 3 matches without running into kids singing, arguing with their friend playing with them etc. etc. Drive's me nuts.

But others above said that it's gotten better, so I guess I should fire it up again and check it out as I haven't played it at all since getting CoD4 right after X-mas.

I think Halo 3 players are the worst. Since anyone can rank up in COD4, you usually don't have the higher level players acting like they are some hot shit since its pretty well accepted(usually) that anyone can level up to that. Halo 3 Generals on the other hand will message you saying how awful you were after a game, a god damn rumble pit that i wasn't taking seriously since it was KotH. Who cares?

[quote name='Tybee']It's because she has a vagina.

You'll understand when you're older.[/quote]

I'm not sure you mean by this ...

Anyway, good feedback guys. I'm interested to see if Halo 2/3 stay on top.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Of those, I'd have to go with Halo 3. It's just super full of annoying kids everytime I get on. CoD4 has it's own asshats, swearing, tossing racial slurs etc., along with some kids too. But I can hardly ever play random Halo 3 matches without running into kids singing, arguing with their friend playing with them etc. etc. Drive's me nuts.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it would have to be Halo.

Like the ones that scream into the mic at the top of their lungs just to see how many people they can get a rise out of. Also the hardcore kids that roll with their equally hardcore pals, ragging on everyone endlessly to prove how great they are. I see those the most.

I usually only play when I can party with 1-2 friends, but you always run into the same types eventually anyway.

Well, this poll seems sort of silly. I mean each person's vote will come down to some small sample of games that they have played on each title with respect to the overwhelmingly larger number of total online matches played for said title. So really it all comes down to whatever specific experiences you happen to have had, though I agree the most popular title at any given time will always be the worst. With all that said, I vote Call of Duty 4 by a mile.

I only played about a dozen matches which weren't all that fun to begin with (stupid cross-map grenade killing, camping, n00b-tubing, spawn killing, etc, etc.), but the constant barrage of douchebags sunk the game to a whole new level of frustration for me. I was experiencing the literal antithesis of fun not too long afterwards. The match that broke the proverbial camel's back went something like this:

*pre-game lobby*
"Hey [My Gamertag], you have the gayest name ever. You must be a $$$$$$." (

I said Rainbow Six Vegas because in that game if you weren't a high enough level then you were dropped from every game, even if you were using a mic.

Exactly.

I would say Halo 3 just because there is always at least one person who has to rag on my gamertag or how " i suck at life"

I have to go with CoD4. It was so bad I changed the settings to mute anyone not on my friends list. It was just non stop early to mid teens, screaming, singing, and just generally being jackasses with their cracking, bitchy ass voices. Now it's sweet silence and my friends and I can actually hear each other and enjoy the game.

[quote name='insertcleverthing']Well, this poll seems sort of silly. I mean each person's vote will come down to some small sample of games that they have played on each title with respect to the overwhelmingly larger number of total online matches played for said title. So really it all comes down to whatever specific experiences you happen to have had, though I agree the most popular title at any given time will always be the worst. With all that said, I vote Call of Duty 4 by a mile.[/quote]

Your point is valid. CoD 4 and Halo 3 are going to get the most votes because more people have played them. I would also say that as Xbox Live ownership increases there are going to be more douches. That would also weight the poll towards more recent games.

My vote for current Saints Row players comes after at least 6,000 games spread over 20 titles that I spent significant time playing. I would put GoW at number two because the combination of the shotgun / host advantage made the "FPS sluts" even cockier than they normally are. Many of the core FPS players on live moved back to RSV because of it. Battlefield: MC would be third because many of the people that aren't normally mean turned into jerks because they had been playing the game on the computer for awhile and were getting pissed about all the newbs that hadn't played before.

Reports of getting booted in RSV are exaggerated. I came into the game late and was only booted from a small percentage of games for having a low rank. It was only slightly worse than the other TC titles.

As far as best communities I've experienced on Live I would put SC-DA #1, Shadowrun a close #2 and PDZ #3, but I haven't played any of those games since Halo came out.

I voted for Halo.

I don't play Halo, but I've spoken to avid Halo fans before. They're obnoxious in real life, I can't even imagine how they'd act online.

I've had my fare share of the pink and I'm old enough to understand that people have choices to do whatever they want on the weekend.

Whatever is currently most popular is most annoying.

No game shall ever surpass Halo 2 levels since there is way more competition.

Halo 3 hands down... that's the game where thousands of people who didn't originally have a 360 went and got one and got gamertags like, "Spartan23409", "TheMasterChiefman" or "MastaChief11809". These same people, have never played an online game before and have never heard of voice chat etiquette, and force me to resort to calling them long dirty words that they have never heard before, and can't even pronounce... now I remember why I sold the game...

Halo 3. easily. I haven't played CoD4 yet, but for it to surpass the pathetic depths of Halo's community, I would need someone to ridicule my having "rose" in my gamertag as gay the first time I join a game there.

smackdown vs raw 2008 is sort of annoying. People leaving before it is over or when the game is loading. Then some people cuss me out after I beat them. That has happened maybe 2-3 times. There is no reason for that.

I'm fairly torn. What little experience I've had playing Halo online was generally negative. I didn't really play halo much online other than with friends, so the only trash talking would be in the lobby, and they would mostly make fun of my female friend playing with us.

COD4 has started to reach a Halo level of lobby crappers who just talk about how we're shit and they're amazing. Especially if its a huge group of us CAGs joining the lobby at the same time. Its always the same thing: "WOAH! A CLAN!! WE'RE GOING TO BEAT A CLAN!" That, and the same thing with my female friend joining one of our games tonight. Everyone was like "WHOA, HANNAH MONTANA IS IN THE LOBBY!" (Her gamertag has Hannah in it) and wouldn't let up.

I agree with everyone else saying the asshats migrate to whatever is hot at the moment. I'm sure six months from now when something else comes out they'll move on.

[quote name='xcoax']I'm fairly torn. What little experience I've had playing Halo online was generally negative. I didn't really play halo much online other than with friends, so the only trash talking would be in the lobby, and they would mostly make fun of my female friend playing with us.

COD4 has started to reach a Halo level of lobby crappers who just talk about how we're shit and they're amazing. Especially if its a huge group of us CAGs joining the lobby at the same time. Its always the same thing: "WOAH! A CLAN!! WE'RE GOING TO BEAT A CLAN!" That, and the same thing with my female friend joining one of our games tonight. Everyone was like "WHOA, HANNAH MONTANA IS IN THE LOBBY!" (Her gamertag has Hannah in it) and wouldn't let up.

I agree with everyone else saying the asshats migrate to whatever is hot at the moment. I'm sure six months from now when something else comes out they'll move on.[/quote]
Your friend has a cool GT, and too bad they had to rip on her. Now that RSV2 came out, all the idiots are moving to that and soon enough to GTAIV, so just hold on a bit longer and we can have a trash talk free game.

Haha, at least she gave us the totally awesome alternate explanation of what CAG stands for: Calling All Gangsters. I'm using that from now on whenever someone asks.

I would say Halo, but you can still mute them, so it's not that big of a deal.

I'm going to have to go with Naruto: Rise of a Ninja. I know most of them are kids, so I don't fault them too much, and luckily very few ever have their headsets in. However, almost every single time I won I was given negative feedback. I thought it was just a fluke, but it's happened one too many times, and not just me, so.. yeah. That's obnoxious. The kids take losing way too seriously.

Also! I have experienced Uno trash talking! That.. was something else.

[quote name='dfo']No votes for Uno?[/quote]
I don't UNO such a trash talking game. In all honesty I see UNO as a calming easy going geme. I only play halo cuz my friend loves that game and is the only one she has, but god so many trash talkers on it.

All of the above.

With so many players out there, you are bound to hear the assholes, no matter which game you play.

Plus, I think most of the people playing these games continue to play the older ones too, so there's definitely overlap.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']I voted Halo, because I've had nothing but problems in it. In Gears at least, they shut up when they lose :lol:[/QUOTE]
lol not always some times they acuse you of chainsaw glitching or crabwalkin.

bread's done
Back