(Wii) Battalion Wars 2 $30.00 at Amazon

I want this game bad, and Im afraid once it hits a 'comfy' price Ill have to search high(er) and low(er) for it. I hardly see the game retail at $49.99 (except GS)

[quote name='TehTriggerman']I want this game bad, and Im afraid once it hits a 'comfy' price Ill have to search high(er) and low(er) for it. I hardly see the game retail at $49.99 (except GS)[/QUOTE]

Did you play the first one? I...do not want this game :lol:

[quote name='Wolfpup']Did you play the first one? I...do not want this game :lol:[/QUOTE]

To each his own--I love the first game. It doesn't have AAA production values, but it's still a blast.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Still too much for 6 months old wii game. It's should be $20 right now cos it sleeper hit title. :)[/quote]

when its made by Nintendo, its never too much! or at least thats how they look at it.... ~_~

Price has dropped to $28.62. Is this game anything like General Chaos for genesis? Thats what it reminds me of but i've never played BW 1 or 2...defintely looks interesting tho.

In for one. I needed something else to go with Power Pro Baseball and this has been on my want list for some time. I've been curious to try out the online mode. Thanks OP!

[quote name='ma']To each his own--I love the first game. It doesn't have AAA production values, but it's still a blast.[/QUOTE]

Personally I thought the production values were fine, it was just completely broken/awful gameplay.

[quote name='Squarehard']when its made by Nintendo, its never too much! or at least thats how they look at it.... ~_~[/QUOTE]

I gave up on the idea that any company could do no wrong years and years ago...during the NES days actually. Besides, it's a second party title, but IMO Nintendo's got plenty of stinkers, especially lately.

[quote name='bfauble83']Price has dropped to $28.62. Is this game anything like General Chaos for genesis? Thats what it reminds me of but i've never played BW 1 or 2...defintely looks interesting tho.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's nothing like that (I remember loving that back in the day!) IMO it's a completely broken RTS-esque game. I'd rent first (and heck, pick up the first Pikmen if you want an interesting twist on the RTS genre that plays well).

[quote name='Wolfpup']
Nope, it's nothing like that (I remember loving that back in the day!) IMO it's a completely broken RTS-esque game. I'd rent first (and heck, pick up the first Pikmen if you want an interesting twist on the RTS genre that plays well).[/QUOTE]

Just lost alot of interest. Maybe I'll pick it up if its ever clearanced around me for under $20

[quote name='Wolfpup']Personally I thought the production values were fine, it was just completely broken/awful gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Huh, well either it's a lot worse than the first one, or we have different ideas of "completely broken/awful" gameplay. It uses the fundamental rock/paper/scissors mechanic that works well in Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, etc. I have definitely heard that the Wii version is easier than the Gamecube one, which is too bad. The Gamecube balance was just right--you can pass a mission on the first try about 50% of the time, and it takes 3-4 playthroughs to get a good enough rank to unlock the extra missions. And for the ambitious, there is the S-rank for every level.

I definitely agree with you that it isn't even close to Pikmin in terms of quality, of course.

[quote name='Squarehard']when its made by Nintendo, its never too much! or at least thats how they look at it.... ~_~[/QUOTE]

It's not made by Nintendo, it's made by Kuju. It is published by Nintendo, but that's no guarantee of goodness (I'm looking at you, Geist).

bread's done
Back