CAGcast #112: Tainted Love

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Join CheapyD and Wombat for a wonder podcast unlike one you ever heard. We cover new releases, industry news, your CAGbag questions, and a bunch more super stuff!

[media]http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast112.mp3[/media] Download - 93 minutes, 43MB
[digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg]
Past CAGcasts

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Random Bonus Pictures

By popular request, bjwoodruff's CAGs On News Theme Song

[media]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagsonews.mp3[/media]

Wonder why this one was out early? I just had it download on my itunes, well looks like I'm going to start listening to it.

Mrs Cheapy had Thursday off so we recorded then. This way, I didnt have to take Tai to day care on Friday.

the SSBB Adventure mode is lame. Ok the first 1/2 is fine, but then when they turn it into a replay of the same levels except cross it up with Castlevania.

Was about to call it a night (in London) since there wasn't anything to do, but seeing as the new CAGcast is up now, I'll listen to that ;) Thanks guys.

Hope your Youtube account comes back up next week Cheapy.

Smash Brothers is all about the gameplay most fans view it as a Fighting game not as a 1 player game. I never look forward to the 1 player adventure in any smash game lol

I just finished last weeks show and I missed my opportunity to make a joke at Wombat's expense. Here is a picture of Wombat on casual fridays at his gay job.

The DLC for Mass Effect is 10x better than any content in the game. It only takes around 45 minutes to get to the galaxy map. Just rush through all the cut scenes and no side quests on the Citadel. Gamestop is CAG's least favorite store? Looks like somebody slipped up on the Cheapy awards which will never be announced. Wombat's "idea" is not a good idea. I suggest you go play Hotel Dusk instead. BTW this episode was too scatterbrained. The episode was very maybe the whole time. You guys seemed very unprepared.

OOoo. A CAGcast of "wonder"! With a synopsis like that, I'm very anxious to listen!

Edit: waaaiiit a minute, 3 minutes in and we're back to cheapy's bm stories and 'gina washing? This is just the same ole cagcast, lol.

Still listeing to the cast, but had to let Wombat know that he is not alone. I too lost to Luigi the first time. I assumed he would be as easy as he was in melee. Never undersetimate a man with a inferionity complex.

Animal Crossing is already known. So if they announce it people will be mad. i think they will have a few games like pikmin 3,Star fox,donkey kong,the legend of zelda, animal crossing, kid icarus, and a few other Nintendo games and some new ones

[quote name='HarassmentPanda']A CAGcast like I've never heard? I'm excited![/quote]

Don't be too excited, I'm just paraphrasing a cheezy 80's movie theme song.
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtZYINdKSL0[/MEDIA]

here's a man
do you see
and he looks
just like you and me
didn't you know
everything he got don't show

There's a cop
do you see
and he looks
like every cop on the street
you will discover
you can't judge this cop by his cover

He's a super snooper
really super trooper
a wonder cop a one like you never saw
he's a super snooper
really super trooper
a wonder cop a roller the side of the law

there's a stir
on the floor
super snooper open the door
didn't you know
everything he got don't show

he's a super snooper
really super trooper
he's a super snooper
really super trooper

(instrumental)

super snooper...
super super super...

he super super...
super super super...

He's a super snooper
really super trooper
he's a super snooper
really super trooper
(x2)

(instrumental)

super snooper...
super super super...

He's a super snooper
really super trooper
he's a super snooper
really super trooper

He's a super snooper
really super trooper
he's a super snooper
really super trooper

He's a super snooper
really super trooper
he's a super snooper
really super trooper
(x2)

I have to admit, I don't like asshole Wombat. I much prefer dry humor Wombat. His attitude made me want to either turn off the show or reach through the intarwebs and smack the shit out of him. Next time Wombat is acting like a bitch, just skip a week. In fact, that's good advice for both of ya. I'd rather be left in anticipation of a good show than listen to a forced effort.

[quote name='CheapyD']Don't be too excited, I'm just paraphrasing a cheezy 80's movie theme song.
[/quote]
Dude! I have been looking for the English name of this movie for ages!!!!! I have only seen it in German and I am having a tough time finding Terrence Hill's (the Super Snooper) movies from the 80s. Now I'm one step closer lol.

Now I'm just waiting for a wombat break dancing/ pop locking video. Oh and it seems like Cheapy seems to fit in some sort of Mexican reference in the past three CAGcasts, is he telling us something? ;)

BTW my new favorite word is Chococobo.

[quote name='daphatty']I have to admit, I don't like asshole Wombat. I much prefer dry humor Wombat. His attitude made me want to either turn off the show or reach through the intarwebs and smack the shit out of him. Next time Wombat is acting like a bitch, just skip a week. In fact, that's good advice for both of ya. I'd rather be left in anticipation of a good show than listen to a forced effort.[/quote]
Jeez, where's a mod when you need one...OH SHIT!
This makes me anticipate the show but not in the way I normally do. Wanna see how bad it gets. Cheapy was always pretty nice and never got too pissy during his wife's pregnancy even though I'm sure he wanted to at times (and did once or twice)

I only thought of God of War because I couldn't think of another big Sony 1st party franchise that was near as big. Well, if you count Final Fantasy, I could say Frank's Fantasy, but then that's just creepy. And Wombat:
I lost to Luigi too. Unlocking characters in Brawl is a good deal harder in fights.

The hard drive install for Devil May Cry 4 is not a PS3 problem, but a Capcom problem. Especially since they did this for Lost Planet as well, and it was near the same size as DMC4. I hope Cheapy gets his youtube account back soon. We must have another lunch special.

[quote name='daphatty']I have to admit, I don't like asshole Wombat. I much prefer dry humor Wombat. His attitude made me want to either turn off the show or reach through the intarwebs and smack the shit out of him. Next time Wombat is acting like a bitch, just skip a week. In fact, that's good advice for both of ya. I'd rather be left in anticipation of a good show than listen to a forced effort.[/QUOTE]

Oh I so agree, I was just in an awful between being sick, rough job ending, not sleeping in my and of course Cheapy was late again, I was in a foul mood. So for that I apologize, here's hoping next week is better

I love it.. right out of the gate with SuperFuzz.. This will tell you how much I've seen that movie...

The main character, Dave, is a cop who while trying to clear indian village gets caught in a radiation test and gains super powers.. His weakness is that anytime he sees red his powers disappear.. one of the cheesiest movies ever.. watched it so many times growing up

great reference..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngvYJtpXkM4[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sByx33TUGZU[/media]

I listened to most of this last night while I was putting my laundry away and then listened to as much as I can until I fell asleep. Gotta listen to the rest later but I must comment on two things. Cheapy's voice really does a number coming from my subwoofer. I don't listen to the CAGcast on my surround system often, but I had to turn it down because his voice had too much bass. I was also pretty sleepy at the time so I guess my ears were extra sensitive.

Also I just saw the CAGcast on the front page of Mininova! Uploaded by a user named CAGcast. Hitting up the torrent sites now eh? Good marketing idea I guess.

Hey, Cheapy and Wombat!
I had to laugh when you guys talked of playing whatever game you've left in the system tray because you are too lazy to change discs. Im totally guilty of this. As a dad of two young ones, I keep my games all the way across the room!! in a closet!! on a high shelf!! It's a major process to change games. Thats part of the reason xboxlive arcade, psn, and the VC are so great, you always have a selection of games available along with whats in the tray. Though im still not cool with regular games as DLC, being a CAG, reselling my old games on ebay is a primary source of funding for new stuff. gotta have the discs for that!

Holy crap guys, double standard much?

God of War would still be a great game without Kratos, but you have to agree that being in that setting (that is, the greek setting, fighting the greek gods, etc) added "something to the game" (a comment you said about the Nintendo IP in Smash).

To quote CheapyD, "People love Metal Gear Solid, they love Snake" and yet, no comparison of MGS to Smash Brothers? What?

Again, to quote Cheapy, "In the Bizzaro world, and there's no such thing as Mario, and no such thing as Zelda...." I really don't want to think Cheapy has a bias against Nintendo, but he's not following his thought to a logical conclusion. In a world where Nintendo IP doesn't exist, this game doesn't exist!!!! We can't make these analyses in a vacuum! We all agree this game is fan service, and now we're trying to analyze the game without that which Nintendo is using to service fans? Does that even make sense? If these IP's didn't exist, Nintendo wouldn't have even made the Smash Brothers games, so what's the point in separating the IP from the game?

What is Ratchet and Clank without Ratchet and Clank? What is Jak without Jak? I mean, not to beat a dead horse, but at least be consistent with the argument.

I agree with the franchise thing... but I'm okay with it. Another good example is Marvel Ultimate Alliance... if it was Frank's Ultimate Alliance, I wouldn't give a crap. But I've played the hell out of MUA because I wanted to use all of the characters. :)

I have an idea relating to Wombat's new section that was shot down by Cheapy. Its sort of a twist on it that has the same theme. How about each week you each pick an older game to suggest listeners check out and play? This way no one ships anything and it still gives attention to older games. I think that was the point of Wombat's idea. Then listeners can check out the game and leave feedback to discuss whether or not it was a good pick and on the next CAGcast you discuss that and give out two new picks.

A couple weeks ago you guys mentioned how some listeners complained that you were talking about "old" games that weren't even out for a year yet (Heavenly Sword?), well thats some bullshit because the whole point of CAG is we don't pay retail and let's face it we all have huge backlogs and some have sealed games. An older game pick would encourage CAGs to go back and play or purchase X title since it would be a hot topic. Say for example the pick a Dead Rising, I'm sure a good chunk of listeners would go grab a cheap copy or boot up their copy sitting on the shelf to add to the discussion. It would probably be better to use older games than Dead Rising but thats just a sample since we're not all always playing the latest and greatest.

Also if you do make a new section, please reference Back to the Future in the name.

[quote name='Nightskyre']Holy crap guys, double standard much?

God of War would still be a great game without Kratos, but you have to agree that being in that setting (that is, the greek setting, fighting the greek gods, etc) added "something to the game" (a comment you said about the Nintendo IP in Smash).

To quote CheapyD, "People love Metal Gear Solid, they love Snake" and yet, no comparison of MGS to Smash Brothers? What?

Again, to quote Cheapy, "In the Bizzaro world, and there's no such thing as Mario, and no such thing as Zelda...." I really don't want to think Cheapy has a bias against Nintendo, but he's not following his thought to a logical conclusion. In a world where Nintendo IP doesn't exist, this game doesn't exist!!!! We can't make these analyses in a vacuum! We all agree this game is fan service, and now we're trying to analyze the game without that which Nintendo is using to service fans? Does that even make sense? If these IP's didn't exist, Nintendo wouldn't have even made the Smash Brothers games, so what's the point in separating the IP from the game?

What is Ratchet and Clank without Ratchet and Clank? What is Jak without Jak? I mean, not to beat a dead horse, but at least be consistent with the argument.[/quote]

you argument makes no sense because you are comparing a spin off series to a main series..

just take the brand name characters that we all know and love away from the game and what do think of the game at it's core.

hehe, i liked the Eye of Judgement discussion with Wombat. funny stuff. i got it from the Amazon sale but i gave up on it cuz it got boring. but i got it for the same price as the camera by itself so it was a good deal.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, when you were talking about changing the main character in a game and would it sell as well as if they hadn't changed anything, it got me thinking about MGS2. When they changed the main character from Snake to Raiden it wasn't very well received by gamers. I am a die hard Metal Gear fan and to be honest MGS2 is my favorite ever game and Raiden never bothered me. I can understand why people wouldn't like it but you're still playing the same game so if you completely resent a game because the character isn't the same, I think that's gamers just being ignorant.

Also to people who rant at Cheapy about giving Wombat a hard time, just remember that Wombat is completely capable of giving shit back. If Cheapy says that Wombat has a gay job, Wombat could just say something like "go and sweep your cheese cellar" or something along those lines lol. Just keep that in mind.

Does Cheapy take huge shits or is it because they're designed for the Japanese?
I'd think its the former unless Cheapy used to clog toilets in the US as well.

If Super Smash Brothers was actually Super Smash Dragon Ball Z, it would get 6s and 7s. Its just how it is. The value of the game is intricately tied to the value of the IP characters. That's why I Gameflied it for a weekend and sent it right back. I just don't care that much about those characters. I only really like them if they are participating in a good game like Wind Waker, Metroid Prime or Mario Galaxy.

Viking: Battle of Asgard is my stealth hit of the season. This one totally snuck up on me and its from the Total War guys who know how to do big battles. Basically its Dynasty Warriors, but not ugly. You actually free other vikings to build your army, learn moves, buy/earn weapons, go on different missions in 3 free roaming islands. Seems to have some God of War style combat, but in larger scale battles. Check out some videos and tell me this doesn't look like a heck of a gory romp through a mythology that's not hit upon very much by developers.

Cheapy: Great Dr. Octagon reference! I happen to be half shark/alligator half man myself. Do you listen to anything else Dr. Octagon aka Kool Keith has done? Check this out...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KIdjrIJ4K64

Wombat: Comic book question. What are your thoughts on Countdown?

lol Cheapy would call security if Wombat turned up on his doorstep, Wombat is scary lol. If you watched a nature show with wombats on it you would be so scared that you could mistake it for a horror movie. You will learn that wombats are all hardcore gaming animals and in an MTV Cribs style, they will show you around their burrows and run you through their gaming library.

Started listening to this episode on my lunchbreak and almost spit out my lunch when i heard the intro music! F'in SuperFuzz (or Super Snooper as it's known in the UK)!!! One of my favorite movies of all time! way to go with that...

Unfortunately, the only copy of the version that HBO showed back in the 80's is a crappy pseudo bootleg DVD. The UK DVD and the recent US re-release are both the European version of the film which has additional scenes (not a bad thing), some re-dubbing of characters (really bad), and the theme song playing THROUGHOUT the entire movie (insanely bad).

Still, a classic film from HBO's best days.

Ah it turns out Kristin Kreuk is more than a 1/4 Chinese her maternal grandmother is the one that's Chinese-Jamaican.

[quote name='Alphant']Ah it turns out Kristin Kreuk is more than a 1/4 Chinese her maternal grandmother is the one that's Chinese-Jamaican.[/quote]

i loved how Cheapy freaked out over it. but i'm more disappointed they chose her cuz she can't fight. there's an awesome Thai actress who knows real martial arts and does her own stunts who would be perfect as Chun Li. even if she's not Chinese, she can fight for real.

bread's done
Back