The 'Remakes of past gen games you would like to see on the PS3' Thread

ricoraney

CAGiversary!
I was just sitting here looking at the thead about MGS Essentials when a thought occurred to me. "Damn! Metal Gear Solid was such a good game on the PS1. Konami should do a remake of that for the PS3, like Capcom did for Resident Evil." Think of how awesome that game would be! Right now, other games escape me, but I will be sure to post something later.

What are some of the games you would like to see remade for the PS3.

Guess the OP missed the part where it says-

CAG Lifestyle & Off Topic Talk about anything you like, as long as it's not video game related.

I can tell that this is off topic because the subject matter of the thread and the description of the forum are clearly in contradiction of each other. *adjusts monocle*

Don't worry Op not everyone on this board is an asshat, thanks go out to the forum police for slapping down a mis post. Back on topic I would like to see an updated version of Dune 2000, man I really loved that game.

Konami already did a remake of MGS for the Gamecube (yeah it's not on PS3, but it's still a remake of the PS1 game with MGS2 graphics). You want remake of the remake?

[quote name='scsg75']Konami already did a remake of MGS for the Gamecube (yeah it's not on PS3, but it's still a remake of the PS1 game with MGS2 graphics). You want remake of the remake?[/quote]
First of all let me address your avatar, my Lakers own you all this year! Second, Twin Snakes, which I am looking at as I am typing this, was not a true remake of the PS1 version. Was close, but no cigar. I was talking about a remake of the game called 'Metal Gear Solid', with beefier graphics, beyond what the Gamecube was capable of, and the PS3 is more than capable of doing. I want the type of remake that Capcom did for the Gamecube when they made Resident Evil. Something that made me want to play the game all over again with the excitement that it brought. Twin Snakes didn't do it for me. Maybe its because in the same era MGS 2 emerged and diminished some of the shine. To make you best understand what I am saying, Metal Gear Solid 4-esque graphics, game engine, voice-acting, etc., with the exact same name and story as Metal Gear Solid. I don't want a remake of Twin Snakes. I want a remake of Metal Gear Solid, understand yet. Geez

i really would like to see Shadow of the Colossus remade for PS3. better graphics/sound and animations, change up or modify the colossi lineup (especially final boss), maybe add some more story elements and most of all: no framerate problems.

final colossi should be so big you can ride your horse on it :)

[quote name='ricoraney']First of all let me address your avatar, my Lakers own you all this year! [/quote]

Stopped reading there.

Just about every good RPG on the PS1 and PS2. Final Fantasy VII (yeah yeah...), Final Fantasy VIII (ditto...), Xenogears, Suikoden II (which I never got to play), the Lunar series, etc. If I had to choose one though, I would love to play FFVII again. Final Fantasy VI is my top FF game but that still holds up graphically.

Oops! Past generation games, huh... I guess ICO or Shadow of the Colossus. I have both games but haven't played much of them (I was really late to the party). Street Fighter Anniversary Collection just to see SFIII in HD maybe.

I know it ain't 'last-gen', but I would love to see ActRaiser remade for the PS3. It would be sooo epic, and it's something Square-Enix should do one of these days.

I like what Sega has done with their new version of Sonic... not a remake, but its a good step back to what made sonic great, and a great step forward to where the series needs to go.

[quote name='guyver2077']if it wasnt for twin snakes, i would of never played mgs...

psx version looked like garbage.. twin snakes was very well done[/QUOTE]

The psx version looks like crap now, at the time it was pretty sharp.

Loaded and Destruction Derby.

I know they both had sequels and DD had some crappy ones on the PS2. I think they tried too hard to make it more then it should be.

And Loaded was just fun shoot everything that moves thing set in a creepy environment.

I probably pick these because these were the first two games I picked up for my PSX but I would love to see remakes.

Final Fantasy VII for sure. Xenogears would be my 2nd choice (with Eternal Sonata/Valkyria Chronicles type graphics). Chrono Trigger would be great also, although I do love it being in 2D.

[quote name='joe2187']This belongs in the "GTFO" forum.[/quote]

had to quote in my sig :rofl:

Anyways, alot of games could benefit from being re-made on PS3...what comes to mind is the entire Jak & Daxter series (all on one Bluray!), Twisted Metal Black (game looked surreal in 2001, think what ps3 could do with it now..), and lesser known gems (Okami - already being remade on wii, Klonoa 2, Frequency and Amplitude - Rhythm games are the new FPS in terms of popularity)

[quote name='bostonfrontier']The original Super Mario Brothers[/quote]

You mean the arcade one screen version with the pipes and platforms and the pow block, or the one that was packed in with the NES? I could see classic Mario Bros HD coming out, but I don't think the demand would be that high.

I'd give my left nut for a PSN remake of The Choas Engine back on the Amiga. Remake it kinda like they are doing with Bionic Commando. Would be awesome.

I never played the counter strike version and I'm waiting for the orange box in the mail, but I really miss playing QuakeWorld TF in its prime. Its the game that got me into online multi-player and FPS games. A recreation of some of the old classic maps would be nice.

I don't think I would limit it to just ps3, 360 would work as well.

Bushido Blade
Syndicate Wars
Privateer:The Darkening
the Shadowrun game on genesis
Team Fortress Classic with better graphics - TF2 doesnt count - it doesnt feel the same

I know they aren't all originally ps games, but they are all some of my favorites that havent aged very well and I think they would be great fun in an updated version.

Any game that looked like garbage for the time, or just looks dated now.

So that'd be most PS games including Crash series, Spyro series, and Klonoa. All the FFs too.

Most ps2 game I like still look fantastic enough to me, so an improvement wouldn't really be all that needed.

bread's done
Back