Woodbridge, NJ 07095
Phone: (732) 636-3500
Fax: (732) 636-1705
Manager: Bill Caulfield
Hours:
Mon-Fri 6am-1am
Sat 6am-1am
Sun 6am-1am

I would certainly take a brand new copy of GoW for $25, but a trip down the 'Pike to Woodbridge ain't worth it. I doubt there will be any in my local store. Haven't seen games or anything gaming-related in years. The only behind the customer service desk is new DVDs and some cheap electronics.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I would certainly take a brand new copy of GoW for $25, but a trip down the 'Pike to Woodbridge ain't worth it.[/quote]

lol, it's the old Jersey Joke.

I live in NJ.

Oh yeah? Which Exit?

And for those that don't know Shoprite (I dont think its national), it's a food supermarket. An odd place to find 360 games.

btw, 14C. ;)

huh.. i live pretty close. tempting, as i really like gears. tho, sold my copy TWICE because i just stopped playing it w/ no plans in playing it ever again (second time i got it cheap also).

and yeah, traffic around here is an absolute pain.

edit: passing. think i won't even play it a third time around. not a bad deal tho.

Holy crap, I was just in that plaza today! (I stopped at the gamestop there). Its good to see some local CAGs.

BTW: Exit 11 Turnpike

131 A B C Garden State

That's a good deal. Sadly, I sold mine for 11 dollars at GameStop! It's a ripoff.

Sadly, I am about 4 hours from there, but definitely a good deal for a great game...

cool I live in Iselin, NJ. I am going there tomorrow morning.

How many copies did they have left over?

if im not mistaken, its right by route 1 as well. 15 minutes from where i live. Very strange for them to have this type of deal

Maybe the local Shop Rite has it? I'd be passing the Woodbridge going home tonight, but probably wouldn't be able to swing it, since my girlfriend will be in the car with me.

14C for the pass!

Exit 83 GSP, Toms River IN THE HOUSE!
Will check the slew of Shoprites around here tomorrow.
All closed for Easter. Damn Rabbit.

This deal sounds good enough for me to skip a date tonight (lol) thanks for posting about it.

And seeing as everyone else is doing it... Exit 13A here!!! :p

The Shoprites by me have games sometimes like Madden. I already have Gears but will tell a friend or two to check out the deal. Thanks OP. And EXIT 11 here!

To say the least, i'm surprised you guys haven't already made a gathering of sorts or something!! Quite many users from NJ here. :)

holy crap i was there yesterday and got Gears of War for $25 too. In fact, I was considering posting this very topic, but decided that there were probably too few people who have local shoprites. O_O

edit: They also had Halo 2 for $10 and Virtua Fighter 5 Online (360) for $25.

[quote name='hawkhogan']To say the least, i'm surprised you guys haven't already made a gathering of sorts or something!! Quite many users from NJ here. :)[/QUOTE]
not a bad idea. would love to meet some local gamers - unless you're all like 13, then it would just be downright creepy.

[quote name='xbox360hd']not a bad idea. would love to meet some local gamers - unless you're all like 13, then it would just be downright creepy.[/quote]

Really? Why's that? ........................................ *waits for Chris Hansen*

Anyway, yes, Jersey CAGs unite!

[quote name='cheapkevin']holy crap i was there yesterday and got Gears of War for $25 too. In fact, I was considering posting this very topic, but decided that there were probably too few people who have local shoprites. O_O

edit: They also had Halo 2 for $10 and Virtua Fighter 5 Online (360) for $25.[/quote]

stfu... VF5 Online for $25??? how many copies do u guys think were there of GoW and VF5?? I live in North Bergen and would definitely go down to get both those games... and wow look at all the fellow Jersey Cag'ers... never knew there were so many (this explains all the Targets being empty)

Ive Been Grossly Misinformed

De-confirmed At Hillsborough Nj Shoprite

Argggg 59.99

i went there today, 3/23 @ 1pm , no go

luckily, i dont give up easily and NJ is crammed with 10 of the same store in a 5 mile radius

ill be checking at least 2 other shoprites for you NJ gamers

somerset and piscataway

stfu... VF5 Online for $25??? how many copies do u guys think were there of GoW and VF5?? I live in North Bergen and would definitely go down to get both those games... and wow look at all the fellow Jersey Cag'ers... never knew there were so many (this explains all the Targets being empty)

I don't know... maybe 4 of Gears of War when I left yesterday afternoon. I don't know how quickly the games are selling though. I doubt many people are aware of the sale, and no one even seemed to notice the boxes when I was there.

im guessing this maybe the store trying to get rid of its video games. ive been to other shoprites across the state and i never see any video games in them. may be a manager special discount. but $25 is good enough for me.

prolly worth calling the stores before you make the trip.

[quote name='merkanthony']Ive Been Grossly Misinformed

De-confirmed At Hillsborough Nj Shoprite

Argggg 59.99

i went there today, 3/23 @ 1pm , no go

luckily, i dont give up easily and NJ is crammed with 10 of the same store in a 5 mile radius

ill be checking at least 2 other shoprites for you NJ gamers

somerset and piscataway[/quote]

Don't be taking my deals from the Piscataway Shop Rite. That's my store :(

I went to that store this morning. Nada, Zip, Zilch! No more Gears of War. However, they had a clearance bin with quite a few games in there. All 50% off. They had about 20-25 Halo 2's with the orange release date stickers on them for $9.99. I did see Virtua Fighter 5 for $25.00. Some of games worth noting were, Devil May Cry 2, Ratchet and Clank, Dead or Alive 4, and some older titles. Prices ranged from $7.49-$19.99. Virtua Fighter 5 was the only game priced $24.99.

I found a sealed copy of Wario Ware Touched for the DS! $14.99.

Last week I snagged two copies of Halo 3 for $29 at the King's in Short Hills. When I went back this weekend, all of the remaining copies had finally sold out.
As for other Shop Rites, this is certainly a YMMV deal, since not all stores carry games. However, I can say with certainty that the Union store no longer has any 360 games, and I don't recall the Springfield store ever having any games.

Okay. So, I went there this morning, to buy Gears of War, but it was all gone.

I think they are trying to get rid of old 360 games for 50% off clearence. I bought the Saint's Row and Dead or Alive 4.

They had following copies left when I went there

Saint's Row $19.99 (1 or 2 copies)
Prey $19.99
Kameo $19.99 (3 - 4 copies)
Madden 07 $19.99 ( 10 -15 copies)
Splinter Cell Double Agent $19.99 (3 - 4 copies)
Dead or Alive 4 19.99 (I got the last one, I think)

Not a good sale, but good price if you want saint's row and Double agent.

[quote name='TomoyoN']Jersey City here :p

Damn $25 for VF5... I'd bite but I'm too lazy to make the trip...[/QUOTE]
Hey Jersey City, They have it on Amazon for about $34.00. So you probably would be better off ordering from Amazon and get the free shipping. You know with mileage, gas, and time.

Sounds like something to have my brother check out in north brunswick! Where exactly do they keep the games at in shoprite tho???? What section?

[quote name='zeddic']Sounds like something to have my brother check out in north brunswick! Where exactly do they keep the games at in shoprite tho???? What section?[/QUOTE]

customer service desk

bread's done
Back