- - - - -

Target / CC / Best Buy DVD / CD Prices: March 30 - April 5, 2008

#61 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13963 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:02 PM

Ask them to match the web price.

:rofl:

Good one.

#62 speedy1961   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2935 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

speedy1961

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:02 PM

Ask them to match the web price.

VERY good point.

#63 jza1218   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4897 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:30 PM

:rofl:

Good one.

Why? They did it for me yesterday.

http://www.cheapassg...34&postcount=55

#64 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13963 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:39 PM

Why? They did it for me yesterday.

http://www.cheapassg...34&postcount=55

VERY YMMV. Even if it's company policy to do so.

#65 matsumoto11756   Need gaming time CAGiversary!   237 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

matsumoto11756

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:02 PM

Went by my local CC on way home from work. They originally pulled all hd dvds from the shelves a few days ago but today they had 2 large cardboard bins with a boatload of hd dvds thrown in. The prices ,as stated previously, were 24.99 to 34.99. My CC won't pricematch the online prices. Come to think of it, if the person taking your money at the register even talks to you it's a miracle so getting them to look something up online or pricematch a printout is asking way too much........

#66 luvmysegadc   All CAGs hail Hypnotoad! CAGiversary!   596 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

luvmysegadc

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:29 AM

I stopped by my CC (Castleton, IN) today. Ruff guess was <150 total HD DVD discs in a standard shelving section. Probably not worth getting up Sunday morning to shop over just going online.

But I would like to give a possible suggestion: Take the CC ad to Wal-Mart for some of the more common titles (like "American Gangster", which is currently $17 at Wal-Mart) and have them price match. Even if it's their policy to only match an advertised price as opposed to a percentage off, it's unlikely that a clerk at Wal-Mart will care.

#67 jza1218   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4897 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:13 PM

Went by my local CC on way home from work. They originally pulled all hd dvds from the shelves a few days ago but today they had 2 large cardboard bins with a boatload of hd dvds thrown in. The prices ,as stated previously, were 24.99 to 34.99. My CC won't pricematch the online prices. Come to think of it, if the person taking your money at the register even talks to you it's a miracle so getting them to look something up online or pricematch a printout is asking way too much........

I must have gotten real lucky then, cause the cashier was more than happy to, and was very friendly. She even commented about it being a "dead format."

#68 VGMaster75   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

VGMaster75

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:18 PM

That is such BS. In-store prices should be marked the same as a stores online prices. I just don't understand why stores (especially large chains like CC) don't keep things level. I think everyone should give them a hard time if all the CC's have their HD-DVD prices marked up from their online prices during the 50% off sale! :bomb:

#69 Kfoster1979   Fanboys Suck CAGiversary!   1338 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Kfoster1979

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:53 PM

That is such BS. In-store prices should be marked the same as a stores online prices. I just don't understand why stores (especially large chains like CC) don't keep things level. I think everyone should give them a hard time if all the CC's have their HD-DVD prices marked up from their online prices during the 50% off sale! :bomb:

Not really, if cc isn't offering 50% off on line they can say the sale is in store only. Or even use the argument that the 50% off matches the on line price and again if the sale is B&M only they have no obligation to match the on line price then discount it. It just a way to game the system what you have to remember most of the big boxes keep internet sales and Store sales separate: TRU will not match there on line price, Most Wal Marts are YMMV on matching on line prices, Best Buy is the only store I have ever had look with getting to match an online price.

Also every store manager or district is held up to sales goals. Take an area like mine I have all the major big boxes within a 15 min drive of my house. However the next closest are 30+ and 50+ miles away(With the exception of Wal Mart I have 4 near by). What I'm getting at is on a store sales level the local management has discretion on what they markdown how far and how fast. When you live in a place like I do were two or more CCs, BBs, or Targets aren't battling out for sales dollars they have no need to mark down as aggressive or as fast.

#70 NAmato   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:21 PM

...My CC won't pricematch the online prices. Come to think of it, if the person taking your money at the register even talks to you it's a miracle so getting them to look something up online or pricematch a printout is asking way too much........

My CC had them in bins too. I asked a guy working the floor if they were "on sale or something". He hesitated, got a little uncomfortable and said he doesn't think so. Then, I'm assuming for show, price checked a couple and said no. I pointed out that their online prices were much lower on some titles, he told me to take what I wanted to customer service where the online price was checked and honored, no problem. You'll probably have better luck at CS than at the register.

#71 donut   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3918 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:23 PM

It's BB for me!

Alvin on Blu ... any news of a $10 coupon for this title?

#72 Lucky13   It's Go Time! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:26 PM

That is cheating and that behavior should be discouraged on CAG!
For all those who purchase pre-sale then try to get price adjustments afterwards - I hope they don't honor it!

People should be relegated to getting to the store early day-of-sale and fight over what's left in stock like everyone else.

That is such BS. In-store prices should be marked the same as a stores online prices. I just don't understand why stores (especially large chains like CC) don't keep things level. I think everyone should give them a hard time if all the CC's have their HD-DVD prices marked up from their online prices during the 50% off sale!

First you said nobody should be able to be allowed to buy items before they are on sale then price match when they do go on sale. Now you are all mad about prices not being marked the same in store as online? And saying we should all give them a hard time?

How about this; You too can buy things early so GO DO IT and go back in Sunday with your receipt. If the sticker price isn't the same that doesn't necessarily mean the sticker price is what it will ring up as. Take it to a register and bring print outs of the prices with you. If the person at the register doesn't adjust the prices for you go to customer service and have it done. If they won't do it talk to a manager. One of the first things I learned when I worked there is that we matched our online prices and also Best Buy online prices.

No offense but you don't sound very knowledgeable when it comes to how things are done at stores like CC so if you go in with this bad attitude and are quick to get pissy and think that giving them a hard time will get you anywhere well they won't help you either way. Just go through the steps and see what happens. You should have good results and if you don't it isn't the end of the world and things can still be resolved by going above the store managers head. Best of luck to you on Sunday.

#73 VGMaster75   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

VGMaster75

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

Why should anyone have to bring print-outs of their store prices off of their own web-site? They should look it up and verify it for you.

#74 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13963 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:11 PM

Why should anyone have to bring print-outs of their store prices off of their own web-site? They should look it up and verify it for you.

It's a general company policy that website and in-store are two different entities. They don't care what the online price is, because it's not their price.

That's why I laughed at the other guy trying to get CC to match the website price. Only in certain states do they have to do it.

#75 Kfoster1979   Fanboys Suck CAGiversary!   1338 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Kfoster1979

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:09 PM

Because I don't want to be in line behind the ass hat that didn't come prepared. Honestly you then will be pissing off customers that are waiting because you feel entitled to a few extra bucks. You have until Sunday print off all the ones you want go prepared and go to the CS counter. Worst they can say is no and most likely will offer you 50% or the Web price not both. Also I say it's a 50/50 chance they offer it online and if they do they will raise the prices back up Sunday morning.

#76 Lucky13   It's Go Time! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:53 PM

All that you took out of my post is that I said to bring in a printout? How about you read and learn what experienced consumers are telling you? They do actually look up the prices for you at the register but someone who knows what they are doing will also bring print outs just in case. It will also make things easier for them and quicker for you if you do. You on the other hand sound like you want everything your way and want them to do everything for you. Something tells me you just aren't going to get it no matter what anyone says to try and help you out in this thread.

Have it your way then. Go in Sunday and expect a great selection then cop a attitude and "give them a hard time" if their sticker prices don't match the online prices and get really mad if one of the cash registers net isn't working right and you have to go wait in line at customer service because you didn't bring print outs. Great run on sentence I made there. My posts = advice to make your shopping experience easier.

#77 Trakan  

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:29 PM

Knock it off in here.

#78 NAmato   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:28 PM

I stopped by the one CC near me that I knew had a copy of Odin Sphere and checked out the HD DVD collection once again. While browsing, a very kind employee informed me that they would be 50% off this weekend. "Really?!?" I said, trying to to sound surprised. She confirmed it and went so far as to tell me that if I bought them today with a credit card I could call the store on Sunday and they would honor the sale price via phone. I grabbed 5 discs, took them to the register, had 4 price matched to the online amount and walked out the door. Who knows if they will honor the sale price in the end, but I was torn between which store to hit come Sunday since all 3 I've been in lately have titles I want that the others don't. She pretty much said they're looking forward to getting rid of them.

#79 matsumoto11756   Need gaming time CAGiversary!   237 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

matsumoto11756

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:38 PM

I stopped by the one CC near me that I knew had a copy of Odin Sphere and checked out the HD DVD collection once again. While browsing, a very kind employee informed me that they would be 50% off this weekend. "Really?!?" I said, trying to to sound surprised. She confirmed it and went so far as to tell me that if I bought them today with a credit card I could call the store on Sunday and they would honor the sale price via phone. I grabbed 5 discs, took them to the register, had 4 price matched to the online amount and walked out the door. Who knows if they will honor the sale price in the end, but I was torn between which store to hit come Sunday since all 3 I've been in lately have titles I want that the others don't. She pretty much said they're looking forward to getting rid of them.

I wish my local CC workers were this nice. I usually have to deal with the ones who bought the last one and call me "Sucka"!!

#80 darkasian  

darkasian

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:56 PM

I must be fortunate too. Getting website prices, & being promised price adjustments come Sunday. The HD DVD players are 50% off too right?

#81 pinoy530   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1116 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:30 AM

Wouldn't price matching online now not make any difference? With all the HD DVDs left in stores, I would assume that it is an automatic discount when rung up. So wouldnt they just take the receipt, check the new price, then give you the difference?

Like if you buy a $24,99 title in store, PM it to $14.99 online. On sunday, it will ring up as $12.50 so they will either give you back $12.49 or $2.49 depending if you PM'd the online price previously?

#82 Justin42   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3655 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2008 - 05:58 AM

Yeah, I can't imagine they'll suddenly give you 50% off an online PM, since that'd be double-dipping. They'll probably just scan it, see what price it is Sunday morning, and give you the difference in THAT.

Of course, this is all said with the assumption the CC cashiers know their own policies-- some I'm sure are going to give people hell for PMs, and I'm sure somehow 2-3 people will get HDDVDs for free. (or get more money refunded them than they paid.. ;) )

#83 silentspork   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

silentspork

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:16 PM

I went to CC last night and ended up getting V for Vendetta, Lucky # Slevin and Clerks 2, he said I could price match the online price and bring them back Sunday and he would take 50% off, hopefully the same guy is there on Sunday so it should be quick and easy.

#84 Byramerica   C you in hell candy boys! CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Byramerica

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:41 PM

thanks for the post speedy, nothing worth stopping by this week, keep up the good work!

#85 hunterrogue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   151 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

hunterrogue

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:32 AM

When do the online prices go live? After midnight or sometime early Sunday morning?

#86 iNCREDiPiNOY   This guy is awesome! CAGiversary!   9065 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

iNCREDiPiNOY

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:01 AM

I'm picking up Alvin and the Chipmunks [Blu-Ray] 3 Plush Toys Giftset for $29.99 and Sweeney Todd [Widescreen DVD] with a Free RUINS movie ticked for $22.99! Maybe I can pre-order Juno [Blu-Ray] with $5 off instantly.

#87 Nirvanaguy777   Last Son of South Brooklyn CAGiversary!   6543 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

Nirvanaguy777

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:10 AM

Interesting anime sales at Best Buy. I'll try and pick up Samurai Deeper Kyo, I recall the manga being awesome.

#88 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:23 AM

I think CC prices change at 11 or 12am on the east coast because I recall checking at 10 or 11 Central time awhile back and the new prices were already up. I'm pretty sure its before midnight because I remember thinking I was already too late for the deals because the prices had already been dropped on stuff and it was early around like 10 or something.

#89 hunterrogue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   151 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

hunterrogue

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:40 AM

I think CC prices change at 11 or 12am on the east coast because I recall checking at 10 or 11 Central time awhile back and the new prices were already up. I'm pretty sure its before midnight because I remember thinking I was already too late for the deals because the prices had already been dropped on stuff and it was early around like 10 or something.

Oh thanks mate, I'll start checking!!

#90 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13963 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:58 AM

I was going to sit this 50% deal out, but I may try online for Serenity and Ocean's Pack.