do people still use the original xbox for xbox live?

dracula

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
i havent used the xbox in a couple of years, but sort of want to get xbox live for games like battlefront and maybe a few others like that, are the servers totally dead for the xbox 1? i doubt i will ever upgrade to the xbox 360

If you start a LIVE account do it on the old XBOX .
You cannot backtrack an account from the 360 to the XBOX .
Only from old to new .

i dont have any accounts. the only system i own is an xbox. well that and a NES.

if i got xbox live, would there be anyone playing those games like the fps shooters?

I'm sure there is plenty of folks playing the more popular titles like Halo 2. Not sure if Battlefront would fall into that category. I'd try to obtain a trial card and see what's doin.

[quote name='dracula']i dont have any accounts. the only system i own is an xbox. well that and a NES.

if i got xbox live, would there be anyone playing those games like the fps shooters?[/QUOTE]

People definitely still play the "classic" FPS games. Here's a recent top 10 from Major Nelson. These games are all still pretty active on Live. Rainbow Six 3, Ghost Recon 2, and Chaos Theory all pop up from time to time as well.

Original Xbox Top Live Titles (based on UU’s)
1 Halo 2
2 Star Wars: Battlfrnt 2
3 Counter-Strike
4 Battlefield 2: MC
5 Fable
6 Ninja Gaiden Black
7 Call of Duty 3
8 Madden NFL 08
9 Doom 3
10 Conker: Live Reloaded

Halo 2 is pretty much dead, the day after Halo 3 came out, match-making on Halo 2 took a really long time.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 only had handfuls of players.

What Xbox LIVE is still good for is getting the free downloadable content.

:whistle2:(

maybe in a few years i will get the 369 when it is under $200 for the elite. I have been thinking of getting a Wii for all the old ass games.

[quote name='ma']People definitely still play the "classic" FPS games. Here's a recent top 10 from Major Nelson. These games are all still pretty active on Live. Rainbow Six 3, Ghost Recon 2, and Chaos Theory all pop up from time to time as well.

Original Xbox Top Live Titles (based on UU’s)
1 Halo 2
2 Star Wars: Battlfrnt 2
3 Counter-Strike
4 Battlefield 2: MC
5 Fable
6 Ninja Gaiden Black
7 Call of Duty 3
8 Madden NFL 08
9 Doom 3
10 Conker: Live Reloaded[/quote]

What portion of Fable is used on LIVE?

[quote name='Danil ACE']probably the live aware capability which allows you to send messages to your online friends[/quote]
Yepo

[quote name='Richlough']If you start a LIVE account do it on the old XBOX .
You cannot backtrack an account from the 360 to the XBOX .
Only from old to new .[/quote]I created an account on my 360 and then set it up on my xbox as well. There's a FAQ on xbox.com somewhere.

Dracula i still play my xbox online alot, i play cod 2,rainbox six 3,and sw,battlefront when i get a good server. add me get a game with u sometime. SkinlessPhc

:lol:

Whoa. I read through the first ten or so posts before thinking, "Haven't we done this thread before?". Then I looked at the dates of the posts.

[quote name='SkinlessPHC']Dracula i still play my xbox online alot, i play cod 2,rainbox six 3,and sw,battlefront when i get a good server. add me get a game with u sometime. SkinlessPhc[/QUOTE]

i may take you up on that. i doubt i am ready for this current generation.

I'm still rollin' original Xbox too. :) I sold my 360 before the price drop (just don't have the time to justify the $). But my uncle (I'm 31 BTW) just gave my an old Xbox & Halo 2. My Live account still has a few months left, so back to LIVE I go. I have no trouble getting games on Halo 2. I would love to play COD 2 and RB6 3.

xbox 1 last summer and live setup late Jan. 09 . my fighting games . and in mid Feb. bought a 360 pro because SFIV came . so now yes I still xbox 1 games on live. only some my games play on 360. the games that do on the 360 sometimes i Play on the 360 sometimes xbox 1.

[quote name='cochesecochese']What portion of Fable is used on LIVE?[/QUOTE]

Fable is a "Live Aware" game that will show you as online, and give you the ability to check your friends list and get messages, but there's no online functionality in-game.

And to answer the OP, from time to time I get on Halo 2 on my old Xbox and play. I prefer the S controller to the 360 for that game.

[quote name='radjago']I prefer the S controller to the 360 for that game.[/QUOTE]

I actually prefer the big-a** original "Duke" controller. Now that my 360 just got RROD last night, perhaps I'll hook up the original. I created my XBL account on that unit but transfered it to the 360. Wonder if it will still work?

[quote name='James in VA']I actually prefer the big-a** original "Duke" controller. Now that my 360 just got RROD last night, perhaps I'll hook up the original. I created my XBL account on that unit but transfered it to the 360. Wonder if it will still work?[/QUOTE]Yes. E74ed last week and playing my original now.

bread's done
Back