Contest (CAG Foreplay #38): Win Barnyard Blast: Swine of the Night (DS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
As detailed in CAG Foreplay Podcast #38, Destination Software was kind enough to donate a copy of Barnyard Blast: Swine of the Night for the Nintendo DS.

If you're not familiar with the game, here's what I wrote about it a few week's back:

Barnyard Blast Dev. Sanuk Games Pub. Destination Software Systems: DS MSRP: $19.99
Now here's a rather unique title that pays homage to both retro horror games like Castlevania and Ghosts n' Goblins and scrolling shooters like Metal Slug and Alien Hominid. You are Robert Belmart, "Swine of the Night", on a mission to save your piglet son, Cliffy Belmart, after he was caught tee-peeing the local ancient castle of darkness. Apparently, creatures of the night don't take kindly to that, so you must brandish your whip, shotgun, and various other weapons to take them out in this scrolling, platforming shooter. If it all comes together, I'll be happier than a pig in a blanket... mowing down zombies. - ship

Listen to the show for details on how to win (or just copy the trend that you see forming of those that actually listened)! Winner will be announced on the next CAG Foreplay. One winner will be chosen at random.

Good luck everyone and thanks again to Destination Software!

Old Major the pig from Orwell's Animal Farm in a Civilization type game of conquest and society management. Depending on the choices you make you either end up leading as the more benevolent Snowball or more deceitful Napoleon.

Cow from cow and chicken. Pretty sure they have a game already, but would like a true puzzle game with them. But you are cow, who is somewhat slow so puzzles would be harder :)

[quote name='JadedJedi']Babe from the movie Babe. the game would have to be a sheep herding game.[/quote]

fuck you beat me to it!

Duckman and Cornfed of Duckman in a Professor Layton/Hotel Dusk/Phoenix Wright clone.

PS: Please let Mrs Ship come up with the contests.

character: MCgruff the crime dog

title:MCgruff the crime dog sheep herding bonanza

plot:your main goal is to get all the sheep into the pen and keep all the sheep out of trouble.

Wiley Coyote from looney toons would be in a game that is objectivly to steal sheep by any means necessary, including grand theft auto jackings of tractors to move the sheep and such.

Moose and squirrel (Rocky & Bullwinkle) in a Splinter Cell-type stealth game where they must take out agents from behind the Iron Curtain.

What was the name of the barnyard animals in the Garfield & Friends? US Acres? Let me check wikipedia. Ok, here we go: Orson, Bo, Wade, Lanolin, Booker, Sheldon and Roy! (I guess I'll pretend their my favorites - nothing springs to mind when you say, "favorite fictional barnyard character".) I think a 2D goofy platformer would be fun. Maybe you could collect farm tools that Orson's crazy big brothers stole or something.

Bugs Bunny in a platformer adventure game, although I'm sure it's been done already. But with more of a focus on doing funny pranks on other characters.

Wade the Duck from U.S.Acres (part of Garfeild and Friends) and I think he would have to be the star of a random mini games collection basicallly Wario Ware, but Wade Ware. With wade running frantically across the screen screaming about giant saliami's from outer space. With some cameos from Roy and Orson.

Rocky and gang from Chicken Run where you have to escape from the farm in an adventure platform game. Claymation splats galore

Howard the Duck in a "God of War"esque game in which he battles his foes from the not so famous comic book and movie....

Would be kinda entertaining to see such a cynical duck fighting with his "Quak-Fu"

Garfield (cats can be barnyard animals after all) in a Katamari-ripoff where he rolls up various food and other objects to obtain his next meal...

Babe

Help save Farmer Hoggits farm of course...by learning how to be a sheep pig, like in the movie

(i would not play this game by the way, but Babe was pretty awesome)

Okay , Ok here goes .......

Character: Slyvester the "putty tatt" from looney tunes

Game situation .....now heres where it goes off ........A Trauma Center / Hospital sim !

Imagine this your the CAT and YOU preform surgeries on humans .....like oh I don't know maybe SPAY OR NUETERINGS or the like . Kinda a reverse vetrinary game ........and I call it ....wait for it.........." KITTY FIXER : PAWS OF HEALING " huh ? huh ? tell me you love it !!!!! yeah baby,groovy !

"Foghorn Leghorn's Farm School"
Foghorn Leghorn trying to teach the chicken hawk how to run the farm.
with minigames like:
Impregnate all the chickens.
Don't get caught spying on the farmer and his wife doin it.
Stealing pie from the window sill.
Getting Pie from the Farmers voluptuous daughter.
Of course, last but not least, avoiding arrest for child abuse/molestation.

The Elmer's glue Cow (Elsie) in "Wii Super Milking". Would be great for taking full advantage of the Wii's motion controls, right?

The chickens from the zelda games. an action adventure game similar to zelda but the final boss is link. The Legend of Zelda: Revenge of the Chickens.

A racing game where you ride on Tauntauns, from Empire Strikes Back. It's all about high speed racing on hoth, because otherwise, "your tauntaun will freeze before you hit the first marker!"

And it would also have a side-mini-game within it, where you get to be a Nerf Herder on Alderaan.

(Charlotte's Web)
A babe assasination game
Kinda like hitman just your taking out the farm animals :]

Babe-Bacon Vengence

Me. 'cos according to the wife, I'm not only a pig, but a sloth too.

My game would be a hardcore sit'em'up. With snacking minigames.

Hopefully robot animals count,

My game:Rattrapz 8

He ain't exactly a barnyard animal, but I couldn't think of any besides Babe or Charlotte's Web, and I didn't wanna use those, those are to easy.

My game would be Muppet Terror Island, where you play as Rizzo and all the Muppets are stranded on a deserted island. It starts off as a normal adventure game, all happy and such, then everyone starts losing their sanity ala Lord of the Flies, and then you turn bat sh*t (or rat sh*t in this case) crazy and start killing everyone like it's Condemned. In the end everyone is dead but you, and a rescue team comes to save you, but upon seeing that everyone is dead, they assume you are carrying the plague and off you. fool

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back