YMMV: PSone LCD Combo $50 at Toys 'R' Us (LCD Monitor $35)

Unassuming Local Guy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Just for shits and giggles we stopped in TRU tonight. I noticed the Sony LCD monitor was $35 and was this close to picking it up when my girlfriend noticed the combo was only $50. She ended up buying it for me as an early birthday present. So here I sit, Strikers 1945 in my lap, giddy as a school girl.

The TRU was the one on Alexis RD in Toledo, OH. They had two combo's left that I could see through the "game storage window" and three or four LCD monitors.

I just came from TRU, and the LCD monitor alone was $129.99, and the PSone was normal price as well. Not to mention the game section was a terrible mess, and the employees looked like zombies.

TRU on Alpine Ave. in Grand Rapids, MI has the clearance prices on these as well. Fifty bucks is a great price for a great little system.

Great, thanks, really. I'm already broke and you have to post this... I need to come up with $50 immediately. JK Thanks for the info, I think I may wander over to TRU tomorrow.

Anyone who can find one of these for me be it 50.00 or under please PM me, I will pay extra as well for your time. Thank you in advance.

Hey KingNES, are you the same one I know from GameTZ? I am steveallen on there, but I havent been logged on in a long time (ran out of subtime).

[quote name='"Staind204"']Hey KingNES, are you the same one I know from GameTZ? I am steveallen on there, but I havent been logged on in a long time (ran out of subtime).[/quote]

Yes Steve it is I, my GTZ acct is still active but I spend more time here (and have for quite some time), great to see ya here ^^

Man...nothing can beat that Target deal awhile back when I got one for 38 plus tax. Definitely worth the $50. Nice little system. The sony lcd is the best one out there for the small PSone as opposed to the third party ones. Being that the system itself still sells for 50 this is a great bargain.

[quote name='defiance_17']I just hit my TRU, the combo was $39.98. I passed, but just barely.[/quote]

you passed it up?!?! have you gone crazy, man?!?! :wink:

[quote name='Vicious']Anyone knows if this is available in IL[/quote]

I'll checking on that later today hopefully. I'll let you know what I find out.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Vicious']Anyone knows if this is available in IL[/quote]

I'll checking on that later today hopefully. I'll let you know what I find out.[/quote]

Wow thanks alot man. You mind sending a PM. I wanna make sure I don't miss this if it's actually available

I bought one of the LCD Combo systems new from Ebay in August and paid $93. Anyone who sees these going for under $50 and doesn't buy them is just plain nuts.

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='defiance_17']I just hit my TRU, the combo was $39.98. I passed, but just barely.[/quote]

you passed it up?!?! have you gone crazy, man?!?! :wink:[/quote]

I'm probably going back today, but I'm not worried about it selling out. The more I think about it, the more I want one. They had quite a few copies left, but they were all marked $74.98, and I think everyone else in this city would take that at face value.

[quote name='defiance_17'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='defiance_17']I just hit my TRU, the combo was $39.98. I passed, but just barely.[/quote]

I'm probably going back today, but I'm not worried about it selling out. The more I think about it, the more I want one. They had quite a few copies left, but they were all marked $74.98, and I think everyone else in this city would take that at face value.[/quote]

If there is "quite a few copies left", I'd be interested in picking up one of those, if you can track it down. PM me, if you can.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='defiance_17'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='defiance_17']I just hit my TRU, the combo was $39.98. I passed, but just barely.[/quote]

I'm probably going back today, but I'm not worried about it selling out. The more I think about it, the more I want one. They had quite a few copies left, but they were all marked $74.98, and I think everyone else in this city would take that at face value.[/quote]

If there is "quite a few copies left", I'd be interested in picking up one of those, if you can track it down. PM me, if you can.[/quote]

we have three left at the store i work at in VA, I picked up one so only 2 left, interested in one?

[quote name='Wshakspear']Whenever theres a post about this combo,l i must post these:

Camcorder Cable:
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=16-3686

and

Plug-to-Plug connectors:
http://www.radioshack.com/product.a..._name=CTLG_007_002_001_003&product_id=274-898

You can now attach (almost) ANY game system/DVD player to the incredibly crisp screen. Hell, i used it to watch the Hockey playoffs one year while my GF watched Law and Order.[/quote]

can someone explaint to me how this works, because i would love to use this on my PS2 and Xbox systems :)

[quote name='Vicious'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Vicious']Anyone knows if this is available in IL[/quote]

I'll checking on that later today hopefully. I'll let you know what I find out.[/quote]

Wow thanks alot man. You mind sending a PM. I wanna make sure I don't miss this if it's actually available[/quote]

Yeah, I can shoot you a PM. Hopefully I can get out there today. It's like 25 minutes from me. If they have more than one you want me to pick you up one? Which store would you be going to?

[quote name='ChrisXE'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='defiance_17'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='defiance_17']I just hit my TRU, the combo was $39.98. I passed, but just barely.[/quote]

If there is "quite a few copies left", I'd be interested in picking up one of those, if you can track it down. PM me, if you can.[/quote]

we have three left at the store i work at in VA, I picked up one so only 2 left, interested in one?[/quote]

If they're $40, how much would you charge me for one, shipped with insurance and a DC?

[quote name='ChrisXE'][quote name='Wshakspear']Whenever theres a post about this combo,l i must post these:

Camcorder Cable:
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=16-3686

and

Plug-to-Plug connectors:
http://www.radioshack.com/product.a..._name=CTLG_007_002_001_003&product_id=274-898

You can now attach (almost) ANY game system/DVD player to the incredibly crisp screen. Hell, i used it to watch the Hockey playoffs one year while my GF watched Law and Order.[/quote]

can someone explaint to me how this works, because i would love to use this on my PS2 and Xbox systems :)[/quote]

On the back of the screen there is a yellow video in/out port which needs the AV cords that come with videocameras. You also need an adapter that will allow the camera A/V cords to be connect with the A/V cords coming out of your ps2/xbox

MULTI-SYTEM HOOK-UP (or how i learned to love the "-" )

The PSone screen has an A/V IN that they said could be used for a camcorder. They even sold the adapter. It was an audio jack on both ends , but with three "rings" (Left, Right, Video). A nice simple way to watch your camcorder vids on a somewhat larger (and nicer) screen.

Well, that got me thinking, and i tried my Y cable adapter that had 2 rca jacks to a dual ringed mic jack, and i was able to hook up my Xbox/Gamcube and VCR (anything that uses the Red/White/Yellow) and got video and mono sound.

I did some more research, and found the camcorder cables did work, and you can simply take the A/V cord from you game sytem, use the couplers with that radio shack camcorder adapter, and play any system on that small screen.

As far as making it portable, that depends on how much work you want to put into it (GC isnt to hard to mod in that respect) and what kind of conections you want in your car.

And to anyone wondering, its approximately 100 times better than anyother screen out there...by far.

EDIT: you dont need the actual PSone system hooked up AT ALL. the screen will work on its own.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Vicious'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Vicious']Anyone knows if this is available in IL[/quote]

Wow thanks alot man. You mind sending a PM. I wanna make sure I don't miss this if it's actually available[/quote]

Yeah, I can shoot you a PM. Hopefully I can get out there today. It's like 25 minutes from me. If they have more than one you want me to pick you up one? Which store would you be going to?[/quote]

I am around Oak Lawn. I can check Orland Park and Burbank stores. But if you are not around this area and you find one. Please grab me one. If you have no luck, I'll go see those two stores and I'll grab you one. When are you planning to go?

EDIT: Just called both these stores. Orland has them in stock but they say they never heard of the sale. Sticker price is 129.99

Burbank store is OOS.

Anyone know if these are supposed to ring up at the sale price? Or do the employees manually put the new sale prices in.

2nd EDIT: Called the store on Lafayette and they said they have them for like 80 bucks.

[quote name='Vicious']

I am around Oak Lawn. I can check Orland Park and Burbank stores. But if you are not around this area and you find one. Please grab me one. If you have no luck, I'll go see those two stores and I'll grab you one. When are you planning to go?[/quote]

I grew up in Oak Lawn! Anyway, the closest store to me is Orland Park or Joliet. I should be able to check Orland Park this afternoon, probably in a couple hours. Joliet maybe tomorrow if I have no luck at Orland Park.

EDIT: Damn! Just saw your edit. If someone knows if these ring up differently than they are marked, I'll still check Orland. Otherwise, I might not make the trip. Thanks for letting me know.

2nd EDIT: Downers Grove isn't too far from me too. I can check there.

What is the best way to go about playing this in a car? Is it possible to use a lighter socket? Batteries? Any help is appreciated.

[quote name='hbk182']What is the best way to go about playing this in a car? Is it possible to use a lighter socket? Batteries? Any help is appreciated.[/quote]

They have car adaptors everywhere for this. I believe you use the lighter socket.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Vicious']

I am around Oak Lawn. I can check Orland Park and Burbank stores. But if you are not around this area and you find one. Please grab me one. If you have no luck, I'll go see those two stores and I'll grab you one. When are you planning to go?[/quote]

I grew up in Oak Lawn! Anyway, the closest store to me is Orland Park or Joliet. I should be able to check Orland Park this afternoon, probably in a couple hours. Joliet maybe tomorrow if I have no luck at Orland Park.

EDIT: Damn! Just saw your edit. If someone knows if these ring up differently than they are marked, I'll still check Orland. Otherwise, I might not make the trip. Thanks for letting me know.

2nd EDIT: Downers Grove isn't too far from me too. I can check there.[/quote]

I suggest you call them first. At least you'll know if they have them in stock. I might swing by the Lafayette store maybe I get lucky. Either way, if you find one, grab me one as well. I'll pay you for your troubles :)

Vicious, I just called the Downers Grove store and they have them but for $109.98. Too steep for me. Maybe they will keep dropping in thenear future. I'll keep checking back periodically.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Vicious, I just called the Downers Grove store and they have them but for $109.98. Too steep for me. Maybe they will keep dropping in thenear future. I'll keep checking back periodically.[/quote]

Just looked through the thread and one of the members mentioned that the combo was marked at 74.98 but was actually 40 bucks. One of the stores around me (Lafayette) said they had it for 74.98. I might as well go ahead and check it out. It's not that far away anyway. If I find them for 40 or 50 I'll get you one. BBL

[quote name='Vicious'][quote name='chickenhawk']Vicious, I just called the Downers Grove store and they have them but for $109.98. Too steep for me. Maybe they will keep dropping in thenear future. I'll keep checking back periodically.[/quote]

Just looked through the thread and one of the members mentioned that the combo was marked at 74.98 but was actually 40 bucks. One of the stores around me (Lafayette) said they had it for 74.98. I might as well go ahead and check it out. It's not that far away anyway. If I find them for 40 or 50 I'll get you one. BBL[/quote]

Great! That would be greatly appreciated!! I'll defintely take one if you can pick up an extra. I'm interested up to $75. I'll probably go ahead and check Downers Grove too. It could be the same deal - $109 - 50% off for ~$60.

[quote name='ChrisXE'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='defiance_17'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='defiance_17']I just hit my TRU, the combo was $39.98. I passed, but just barely.[/quote]

we have three left at the store i work at in VA, I picked up one so only 2 left, interested in one?[/quote]

Dropped you a PM about price for picking one up and shipping, waiting on a response.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Just called my TRU and they have them for $64.98.
Is it worth it? I didn't want to spend more than $50.[/quote]

I figure go for it. It's 10 bucks more here

Just a thought, if anyone in the Socal area finds a store that is selling them for $50, would you mind posting the store location/telephone number so I can try to pricematch at my TRU?

Holy Cow you crazy CAGs

thanks for the heads up
i just went to the TRU in Hyannis MA

they had 12 screens and no combo packs

the screens had a $129.99 sticker but rang-up for $34.98

i allready have a PSOne so im totally stoked dudes

i also got the car adapter for PSOne for $10 and it was stickered $39.99 !!

thanks again i'll surely post any deals i find

bread's done
Back