CAGcast #113: Furiously Rubbing

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
CheapyD is back on YouTube and reveals some new CAG 2.0 features and Wombat gets quality time with Mario Kart and Wii Fit.
We also cover new releases, industry and shopping news, your CAGbag questions, and so much more!

[media]http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast113.mp3[/media]
Download
- 101 minutes, 46MB
[digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg]
Past CAGcasts

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Pictures & Video

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIwERlWsQx4[/media]
By popular request, bjwoodruff's CAGs On News Theme Song

[media]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagsonews.mp3[/media]

Damnit Cheapy, you just set American-Japanese relations back another 50 years.

BREAKING NEWS: "AMERICANS ARE DEVOURING JAPANESE CHILDREN!"

Gonna listen to the show now, despite the late hour (I need to do homework).

~HotShotX

awesome couldn't wait for the new CAGcast!
You guys make English and the bus ride to and from college sooo much easier

kudos Cheapy and Wombat....kudos...

PS Did anyone else become disappointed when they found out Wombat doesn't look like Andy Dick?

:/

Cheapy you need to remake that video with Wombat when you get back in the states. It'll be a great video to celebrate/announce the beginning of your super family.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Cheapy you need to remake that video with Wombat when you get back in the states. It'll be a great video to celebrate/announce the beginning of your super family.[/quote]

Holy shit, when this takes place, you need to get the Shipwrecks in on it and do a full-fledged CAG Version of the Brady Bunch Intro.

Here's the story of a CAG named Cheapy
Who made a living Shaq-fuin' the gaming industry,
His family had no hair at all, except the mother,
The youngest one in diapers.

Here's the story, of a man named Wombat,
Who was busy with gay guys of his own,
Yet he had a wife, and soon a daughter,
and they were all alone.

Till the one day when these guys met the Shipwrecks
And they knew it was much more than Foreplay,
That this group would somehow form a family.
That's the way we all became the Cheap Ass Gamer.
The Cheap Ass Gamer,
The Cheap Ass Gamer,

That's the way we all became the Cheap Ass Gamer.
~HotShotX

I'll post more stuff here later, but one comment for now...

As for DLC Cheers/Jeers, I have to nominate Sony for the Playstation store. One update per week, late at night. It's ridiculous. Also, how come no downing EA yet again for their "Merry Portsmas" of Rock Band to the Wii.

Regarding Rainbow Six Vegas 2, apparently both versions have problems. It's not just a PS3 thing. This game is a "cash-in" and it shows. But, this really isn't new to Ubiport, who have been known to make bad ports for pretty much every game they make (Assassin's Creed, Rayman Raving Rabbids, this, etc.).

[quote name='HotShotX']Holy shit, when this takes place, you need to get the Shipwrecks in on it and do a full-fledged CAG Version of the Brady Bunch Intro.

~HotShotX[/quote]
F
T
MFing
W

Regarding piracy: Cheapy you are being a hypocrite. You often mention that you don't condone piracy but at the same time you talk about how you download stuff through Bittorrent. Movie, tv show, music piracy is the same as video game piracy. Piracy is Piracy.

Thank you!!! The cagcast come just in time as my wife just took over the TV. :p

Edit: re: RB vs GH: I think disc distribution is more expensive than digital (packaging, shelf space, etc etc), but the overall revenue is probably higher--at least on paper.

Edit2: tottemo kawaii akachan, ne.

Edit3: :applause:
Thank you cheapy for trying to speak Japanese like Japanese do! You should never feel like a douche for trying to do things the right way so fuck all the gaijin who insist on pronouncing Japanese words wrong just because they are too lazy or ignorant to say it right or otherwise think it's "funny" to do so.

[quote name='dsingh2007']Regarding piracy: Cheapy you are being a hypocrite. You often mention that you don't condone piracy but at the same time you talk about how you download stuff through Bittorrent. Movie, tv show, music piracy is the same as video game piracy. Piracy is Piracy.[/quote] You're a towel.
No_Youre_a_Towel_Some_of_the_Best_of_Towelie.jpg

I'm gonna have to disagree with the verdict of Rainbow Vegas 2. I enjoyed the first one, but did not like the 2nd one at all. No Matchmaking, graphics that make me puke and a multiplayer that's outdated. Heck, Everything about the game is outdated. Most of my time was spent in menus or loading screens unlike in CoD4 where rooms loaded instantly and matches started up w/out any hitches.

You have to wait until the latency shows up so you can join a lag-free game and unlike the first Rainbow game on the Xbox, the list of rooms are not listed in order of best to worst latency.

I don't want to get into gameplay aspects that makes the game horrible to me. After playing the first for a great deal of time, I found the single player to be more interesting than the multi, which is saying a lot since I don't buy Rainbow for the single player experience. The whole Vegas 2 game is just a let down because I expected a lot of changes to the formula.

I guess my expectations for a beloved series was too high.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Oh man, I have no idea whats going on[/QUOTE]Cheapy's probably sick of everybody being whiny bitches about the site changes.

[quote name='dsingh2007']Regarding piracy: Cheapy you are being a hypocrite. You often mention that you don't condone piracy but at the same time you talk about how you download stuff through Bittorrent. Movie, tv show, music piracy is the same as video game piracy. Piracy is Piracy.[/quote]

Dude, he has said many times that he would buy this stuff legally if he could. But living in Japan, that can be a tad bit difficult.

And that hamburger looks pretty good, never had one but I'm interested in trying.

[quote name='yukine']Dude, he has said many times that he would buy this stuff legally if he could. But living in Japan, that can be a tad bit difficult.
[/quote]

Oh okay, I can agree with that. Sorry about calling cheapy a hypocrite.

Excellent cagcast as usual.

That sucks about your wife's father. She sure did marry the right guy to kick his ass though if he turns up one day. Btw Cheapy the many ways you somehow mention asses or shit in every episode is amazing. Can't wait to hear about the one time a monkey chucked poo at you.

[quote name='thorbahn3']That sucks about your wife's father. She sure did marry the right guy to kick his ass though if he turns up one day. Btw Cheapy the many ways you somehow mention asses or shit in every episode is amazing. Can't wait to hear about the one time a monkey chucked poo at you.[/quote]
I don't think that beating up an old man would make the situation any better.

Great cagcast as usual.

The egg burger looks great, I happen to partake in these in my morning commute to college in the morning. But the ones I eat don't have the double patty goin' on.

Good show. Minus points for no more super family talk. Bonus points for debuting a new segment on my suggestion. Question about hating going to the post office, is it just a hassle with long lines or is it a problem with the language barrier? At my local post office, I get both those problems so I try to avoid going at all costs. I usually just go after hours and use the automated machine. I bet Japan must have much superior automated machines.

[quote name='DJSteel']name for the retro portion of the show... Retro Redux[/QUOTE]
I like that name but Def Jam FFNY and Eternal Darkness aren't really Retro. I have a feeling most of their recommendations are going to be fairly recent. Maybe call it "Whats Collecting Dust" or go with "Wombat's crap on the shelf". I'd be happy calling it "shit you should play that isn't new".

On the subject of those games, good choices. The Def Jam series got a lot of attention at first because it used a variation the wrestling engine used in the famed N64 No Mercy. Fight for New York turned it into less of wrestling and more of brawling but it still remained fun. Eternal Darkness still holds up very well. Its one of my very first recommendations to anyone I knew who bought a Wii and didn't have a Gamecube.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Good show. Minus points for no more super family talk. Bonus points for debuting a new segment on my suggestion. Question about hating going to the post office, is it just a hassle with long lines or is it a problem with the language barrier? At my local post office, I get both those problems so I try to avoid going at all costs. I usually just go after hours and use the automated machine. I bet Japan must have much superior automated machines.

I like that name but Def Jam FFNY and Eternal Darkness aren't really Retro. I have a feeling most of their recommendations are going to be fairly recent. Maybe call it "Whats Collecting Dust" or go with "Wombat's crap on the shelf". I'd be happy calling it "shit you should play that isn't new".

On the subject of those games, good choices. The Def Jam series got a lot of attention at first because it used a variation the wrestling engine used in the famed N64 No Mercy. Fight for New York turned it into less of wrestling and more of brawling but it still remained fun. Eternal Darkness still holds up very well. Its one of my very first recommendations to anyone I knew who bought a Wii and didn't have a Gamecube.[/QUOTE]

retro just means the past, they are past games.. even past generations. just a thought though

If you're going to start making "overlooked" game recommendations, could you post each of your weekly picks in the CAGcast thread for easy reference? I love trying out new games that I had never considered.

Again with the Frank thing.

Nintendo games have never been about character development or story. Miyamoto in particular has those elements removed whenever possible. The story elements had to be snuck into Mario Galaxy by Koizumi.

What makes the characters compelling are nothing to do with the characters themselves, but with the history of the games involved, and your involvement with them.

They are a blank slate. Their struggle is YOUR struggle with the game elements, the level design, the boss and enemy design: Your experience with the game.

Link's struggle is your struggle with dungeons and figuring out bosses, like bombing a dodongo.

Samus' struggle is your struggle getting lost as hell in those caverns and finding the way forward and doing what you need to do.

Mario's struggle is your struggle with generally well designed platforming games.

The story of Nintendo characters is the story of GAMEPLAY. Being alongside them for so many years in particular, builds a bond to the character, even though the character has NO character. It can happen to a smaller extent in an individual game, because the games are what might be called EPICS.

The characters are looked kindly upon because of your memories of great games.

Would Super Frank Galaxy be as compelling as Super Mario Galaxy?

Only under ONE condition:

That Frank as an IP is built up over time with a series of succesful games, starting from Super Frank 1, and on through Super Frank World, and maybe even a Super Frank Sunshine.

While the razor and blades solution is legit, its not the only way. People are paying $400+ for home consoles these days. Yes, its heavily subsidized, but those are still expensive razors. Regarding Wii Fit, just think of it as a system purchase, which means you have to look at the software support.

This is a slightly more compelling argument in Japan, since Wii Fit is on track to outsell the PS3 within 2-3 months.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Again with the Frank thing.

Nintendo games have never been about character development or story. Miyamoto in particular has those elements removed whenever possible. The story elements had to be snuck into Mario Galaxy by Koizumi.

What makes the characters compelling are nothing to do with the characters themselves, but with the history of the games involved, and your involvement with them.

They are a blank slate. Their struggle is YOUR struggle with the game elements, the level design, the boss and enemy design: Your experience with the game.

Link's struggle is your struggle with dungeons and figuring out bosses, like bombing a dodongo.

Samus' struggle is your struggle getting lost as hell in those caverns and finding the way forward and doing what you need to do.

Mario's struggle is your struggle with generally well designed platforming games.

The story of Nintendo characters is the story of GAMEPLAY. Being alongside them for so many years in particular, builds a bond to the character, even though the character has NO character. It can happen to a smaller extent in an individual game, because the games are what might be called EPICS.

The characters are looked kindly upon because of your memories of great games.[/quote]Well said!

yeah now we can pm wombat about his new gay job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit, I just listened to the first 3 Minutes, and already I'm cracking up at work!

"you and WON-BOT do a great show.."

"let me guess, wombat,...is it a gallon of Astroglide?"

"mmm, free cookies....FROOKIES!"

Good shit, so far,...I look forward to the next 90 mins!

Wombat mentions there is a "package" on his front porch and the best you can come up with is "Asrtoglide"!!! Come on Cheapy! WHat about a package of Man Meat! or some other hilarious bundle of gayness, oye!

[quote name='nadsofed']Hey Wombat did you check out the Burger Joint in the LPM Hotel. They are the best.[/QUOTE]

I did but I am a JG Mellon man personally

[quote name='DJSteel']btw... Wombat Primanti's allowed eggs on all of their sandwiches.. I might have to try that now..[/QUOTE]

Last time I was in the Burgh I had steak with cheese, an egg and lots of Hot Sauce with an IC Light and it was 8:30 in the morning

bread's done
Back