Does EB games price match?

d_bomb_23

CAGiversary!
Hey just wondering if EB games price match? if they do , would they accept online deals? Im looking to price match hot shots golf from bestbuy but do not have the flyer, im wondering if i print out the listing showing hot shots golf on sale and bringing it in, would that work? or is it store flyers only or something
thanks!

EB use to price match but that goes back to 2002 as far as I can recall. Their policy at the time was to price match only if there was a competitor in the same Mall. I can't remember when exactly they dropped their PM policy but it's been awhile even before EB and Gamestop merged.

EB Games (here in Winnipeg at least) price matches within a range of $10. They will only do so if you have some sort of evidence - like a flyer. Last time I checked though, they didn't price online, so you'd have to find a way to get a hold of the BB flyer - dunno if they accept scans either, because anything could be tampered with, ya know?

Hopefully that kinda helped :)

The one near my house didn't do it (but then again that was Boxing Day, so i'm not sure if it was just that day or if it's their regular policy).

When I worked at EB two years ago the rule was that we could only price match with actual hard copies of the price - so it had to be a flyer, and that's all we'd accept. I was told we couldn't do price matches over the phone or with internet print off's. Maybe it's changed since then, but that's how I remember it.

All of the one's I've been to don't. Just another reason not to shop there.

Mine didn't. I even pre-ordered with them. The game came in later than FS and it was 10 dollars more. I asked if I could have the difference and they're like "sorry we can't do that".

I'm definitely done with EB.

Officially we don't according to the DM.
But you may be lucky at some stores at the manager's discretion.

Our strategy involves trades bringing down the price as oppose to being the lowest price he said.

There is one manager at our store that allows PMs but only within 5 dollars and you need to bring in the PRINTED AD (no internet printouts) just to prove that you actually are went to the other store and saw the product.

bread's done
Back