Thumbmonkey.com -- $35 SMG, $23 GHIII, Halo 3 $25

Slim Gatsby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (97%)
I just found this site and their prices look really, really good; generally about 65% of MSRP. I'll quote their livejournal post:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]Thumbmonkey.com Video Game Specials![/SIZE][/FONT]
Hey guys,

Katy from Thumbmonkey here to provide you with a quick update! If you haven't heard of us, here is a quick description of who we are...

We're a small online video game retailer based out of Waltham, MA just outside of Boston. We consist of no more than 20 guys AND girls, mostly self-professed video game nerds, and though our primary function is maintaining a website, we are also extremely motivated to learn as much as we can about the gamer community in order to cater to it as best as we possibly can.

We are a "green" company and make it a priority to do our part in protecting the environment! Many of our games could be considered "budget" priced because we purchase distressed inventory from major retailers (this means it may have packaging damage), recycle all external packaging and sell for significantly cheaper.

Most of our items are priced lower than everywhere else, and we consistently offer coupon codes for even better deals (see our userinfo page or website).

If you are interested in checking out our website (and our available merchandise) you can find us at www.thumbmonkey.com. We sell both new AND used products, all of which are backed by our 100% guarantee.

If you buy anything, i'd like to know how your order went! Leave a comment and i'd appreciate it very much! Alternatively, if you think our website is awful, let me know too! (ANY opinions are welcome.)

Thanks for reading and don't forget to leave comments.

Katy

I perused their site and they have some pretty sweet prices. If you don't mind a missing case, Assassin's Creed for the 360 is only $30. SMG is $35, Guitar Hero III for PS2 is about $23. And they have coupons, too!

In addition to saving on shipping charges when purchasing more than 1 item, use these coupon codes when you checkout and save a few more bananas! $10 off for orders with 5 or more items
Coupon Code: CA5items
Expiration Date: March 31, 2008
$8 off for orders with 4 or more items
Coupon Code: CA4items
$6 off for orders with 3 or more items
Coupon Code: CA3items
$3 off for orders with 2 or more items
Coupon Code: CA2items

I am flat broke and I'm probably not going to be ordering any new games for a little while, but this looked like it had some great deals that I just had to share. Let me know if anyone tries this site, and how it goes!

I have ordered from them, and they are very reliable, for anyone who is curious.

All of their items are "damaged" items though, but they come in perfect condition.

The only thing bad about them, is their shipping prices (or atleast used to be), not sure if they changed or not over the past few months.

Yeah, these guys came around to CAG a few months ago and weren't greeted very well, mainly because of they claimed "new" games but missing cases/manuals, and their shipping prices were a bit insane. Shortly after, they raised the price of alot of their items and lowered their shipping a little to compensate.

They do have some decent deals if you are okay with "disc only" games, however. I still believe thier shipping is a little too high tho, and thats the reason I have never pulled the trigger on buying anything from them. But I believe some other CAGs have, and have been generally pleased with their service.

[quote name='Krymner']I still believe thier shipping is a little too high tho[/QUOTE]
They appear to have lowered it significantly since the first time we went around with it. It's now $2.78 for the first item and $1.98 for each additional. Still not compelling, but also nothing to write home about. I guess that's an improvement. They improved all the way from shady to just plain not compelling.

They got my vote as worst online retailer for the CAG awards.

Any site who claims to make a special coupon just for you when they have an even better one going around hardly deserves anyone's business. Also the amount they charged for shipping a few months ago would've been enough to fix our nation's budget debt it was so high.

Don't know if they changed it, but the title of their games, like the other poster said, claimed "Like New," "Excellent condition" and other ambiguous descriptors, but within the descriptions themselves, they always said the game may have slight imperfections, scuffs and scratches.

bread's done
Back