Phantasy Star Universe (360) $14.99 at Game Crazy

ProphetofDoom

CAGiversary!
Only one they had, so may be YMMV, i'm in Lebanon, TN, but it was on display with a 14.99 shelf tag underneath. Pretty good deals from there, having The Darkness last week for 14.99.

I was a huge fan of PSO on the Dreamcast. Is this worth it minus the online play? I just don't really see myself paying a fee anymore.

[quote name='Serialkilla']I was a huge fan of PSO on the Dreamcast. Is this worth it minus the online play? I just don't really see myself paying a fee anymore.[/quote]

I was too, and was psyched for PSU, but the online is such a huge grindfest, that it totally soured me. I only ended up playing it for two weeks. I have the PC version and never finished the solo campaign, but it's pretty much the same as PSO.

[quote name='Serialkilla']I was a huge fan of PSO on the Dreamcast. Is this worth it minus the online play? I just don't really see myself paying a fee anymore.[/QUOTE]
I love PSO on the Xbox and just finished the single player on PSU. It's well worth the 20 I paid for it, It's just like an updated version with better graphics and controls. And it even has a nice little story to go along with.

[quote name='ProphetofDoom']Only one they had, so may be YMMV, i'm in Lebanon, TN, but it was on display with a 14.99 shelf tag underneath. Pretty good deals from there, having The Darkness last week for 14.99.[/QUOTE]

I thought I saw the Darkness for $14.99 too but when I went yesterday the guy said it was $49.99 after checking on their system. Does anyone know if it was just on sale or was the guy lying to me?

i loved the old phantasy star games , never really got around to playing the newer versions , so is it worth it to get this game for the single player campaign?? Also is the darkness worth it , i love FPS so im pretty sure i would like it. . . . .

[quote name='Serialkilla']I was a huge fan of PSO on the Dreamcast. Is this worth it minus the online play? I just don't really see myself paying a fee anymore.[/quote]

PSU requires such a massive amount of grinding for such a minimal amount of reward that it's even difficult to recommend it to people that were fans of PSO. I played PSU on the PS2 and PC for a little over a month, and just gave up because it stopped being fun. What a shame.

Listen..I know what you are thinking. "Hey, I love Phantasy Star and PSO was so much fun! I'll give this a try" RESIST THAT TEMPTATION....this game is terrible. It has the power to make you almost HATE Phantasy Star....the series deserves so much better.

[quote name='jousley']Listen..I know what you are thinking. "Hey, I love Phantasy Star and PSO was so much fun! I'll give this a try" RESIST THAT TEMPTATION....this game is terrible. It has the power to make you almost HATE Phantasy Star....the series deserves so much better.[/quote]

Correct.

bread's done
Back