what is better for PS3 or gaming a 1080p lcd projector or a 1080p lcd hdtv

S

starmask2k3

would like to know please vote thankz

and what has more hd inputs and pc inputs

I have no idea the resolutions of the projectors I've seem, but LCDs always look much clearer, the projectors seem too light to me.

Depends on the room.

If you have a dark room (movie theater style) and a big room then the LCD Projector would be bad ass.

If you have a smaller room that is more well lit then the LCD TV would work better.

If you put a projector in a well lite room you will have to turn up the brightness level on the projector and will run through bulbs rather fast (if this is your main tv). The lamp life of projectors is not all that great usually between 3000-5000 hours and cost anywhere between 200-500 dollars to replace. LCD TV's on the other hand have a lifespan of roughly 60,000-100,000 hours (depending on brand and model) so they will last a good bit longer.

Hope that helped.

I have both an LCD 1080P Projector and a 1080P 46" LCD. Both serve their purpose.

With the right setup and projector, you really can't beat the picture. Most of my friends are blown away at my setup.

The most important factor to any of this is your room. I have a dedicated home theater room, therefore I can control the light with ease.

In terms of picture quality:

DLP > LCD = Plasma > Projector

However DLP are not flat panel, some are thin, but they are not flat panels.

Plasma is also not a good choice for gaming, even the newest screens can be affected by screen burn.

Projectors (especially the expensive ones) can show a fantastic picture. But you need to have a screen (don't expect a wall to cut it) and you need to have a properly lit room.

I think DLP projectors are better for gaming. Mitsubishi HC1500 (720p), or the Mitsubishi HC4900 (1080p ), are both considered great bang for your buck. The $1500 is only $1000, and the 4900 is about $2500.
~S

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I think DLP projectors are better for gaming. Mitsubishi HC1500 (720p), or the Mitsubishi HC4900 (1080p ), are both considered great bang for your buck. The $1500 is only $1000, and the 4900 is about $2500.
~S[/quote]

What are you basing your decision on? Price?

In my many years of obtaining components for my home theater, I've yet to meet a person that can distinctly say, "DLP is better than LCD" or "LCD is better than DLP", especially for something like gaming. There simply is no unit of measure. What looks good to one person might look bad to another.

In my experience, DLP's have less screen door effect, and can represent a broader spectrum of colour. I believe DLP's suffer less from input lag too.

Maybe the screen door effect has gotten better (I suppose that depends on how big you make the screen).

As far as input lag is concered, that is just what I was told at avsforum.com. So I don't have experience comparing them.

For price, LCD projectors are generally cheaper.

Anyway, it sounds like you have a lot me experience with the stuff than I do.

~S

No way would I vote projector.

Bulbs suck.
The maintenance of front projectors can also suck.

Projectors are great as a supplementary display, but horrible main displays.

Also, if you don't have 100% light control and properly installed with a quality screen it's a waste.

bread's done
Back