Save 26% off used games with free shipping at EBgames.com/GameStop.com

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The former Cheapy Awards Best Online Retailer champion, EBgames.com, looks to return to its glory days with the upgrade of of the combined EBgames.com/GameStop.com property. One of the many new features that has been added is the ability to use multiple coupons with certain promotions. This means a CAG favorite, 26% off used games with free shipping has now returned.

Use coupon codes CAG16, SAVER, and your Edge card to receive the discounts. Please note that you must purchase at least $25 worth of items to receive free shipping.

When EB Games was acquired by GameStop, the websites no longer listed if used games included the case and manual. This is perhaps CAGs most lamented post-merger change. Although the latest site update did not rectify this issue, it appears GameStop is well aware of the problem. I've been in touch with GameStop's Vice President, E-commerce & Direct Marketing, John Brittell, who explained:
“After the site re-launch, the used game contents guarantee is our top priority. We currently don't have a systematic way to separate the stock available for the stores from the stock available for GameStop.com. We are in the process of installing a new fulfillment system that will allow us to segregate the stock, but this will not be available until early next year. In the interim, we are exploring other creative options that will allow us to guarantee the contents of at least the top selling used SKUs and hope to have this in place later this summer.

Just wanted to let you know that we share the community's concern and this is our top priority. Thanks again for passing on the feedback.”
So, it appears things are looking up for the once-favorite CAG retailer. Hopefully this site upgrade will be the start of good things to come.

Wow, this is a pretty awesome deal. Thanks.

I'm glad GameStop is actually trying to improve,heh.

[quote name='the_punisher']Nice. Eternal Sonata, here i come.[/quote]

Good idea, heh. With my luck I'll get a disc-only, scratched up copy though. =P

anyone else having trouble registering their edge card? it keeps telling me to enter a valid edge card number...

and I know the number I'm entering is valid since I'm copying it off my receipt from GameStop earlier today (the actual number on my card has somewhat faded so I couldn't read it off it)

Is there anyway to change coupons while it's in the 'Verifying' state? I made a order just yesterday. I doubt I can cancel and still get the item.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Wow, this is a pretty awesome deal. Thanks.

I'm glad GameStop is actually trying to improve,heh.

Originally Posted by the_punisher
Nice. Eternal Sonata, here i come.

Good idea, heh. With my luck I'll get a disc-only, scratched up copy though. =P[/quote]

That's what i'm worried about. I want it to be complete, but CAG on here sell it ~$30-35 w/o shipping :(

[quote name='mrme2']uh I put it and and it was only 16% off...did I do something wrong?[/quote]

10% is the Edge card. Is it pssible to share edge codes, or does the person get charged? IDK how they work.

[quote name='the_punisher']That's what i'm worried about. I want it to be complete, but CAG on here sell it ~$30-35 w/o shipping :(

10% is the Edge card. Is it pssible to share edge codes, or does the person get charged? IDK how they work.[/quote]

You can share the edge card codes, but you should just buy a sub...
After all, they are trying to get CAG's to start shopping there again, you might as well just spend the $15 for a sub, it will save you in the long run anyways. :D

There is also the "AFF25" code, which takes 25% off any used DVD or Game in your cart. That stacked with your Edge card, will give you 35% off, although you'll have to pay for shipping ($2.99 is the cheapest).

I tried adding my Edge card though, which I ordered from GameStop HQ (for $2.00) didn't work, although my friends card worked perfectly fine (in-store purchase), I just e-mailed them to find out the problem, but anyone who ordered it from GameStop HQ might have problems activating your cards online.

[quote name='spoo']May not include a box or instruction manual = No sale from me until that changes.[/QUOTE]

Seconded.

AFF25 plus the Edge makes it even more appealing to pull the trigger when some of the rarer stuff comes into stock. And for those still weary about the lack of guarantees concerning boxes or manuals, simply return the game to any GS/EB store if it isn't complete. I mean, I think it's worth the gamble to try and get, say, a copy of Nocturne for like $45 shipped.

Interesting. Fifa 2007 for the xbox 360 is 19.99 (before the -35%), and isn't the TIV for that at Game Rush like 25 still?

[quote name='lakers310']the code word AFF25 doesnt work for me. i put it in and is shows up but it doesnt discount anything[/quote]

Looks like it might just be another hiccup in the system. Probably going to have to wait it out. Or, maybe they plan on purging that from system soon. Guess, time will tell.

Highly appreciate this deal and all, but I just can't live buying used without knowing what the condition of the disk is, if there's a manual, if there's a box and if it's the original box.

Great for some people who wants next gen games, but I'll stick with the 25% off this week's coupon + 10% EDGE. I scored SO MUCH and built my PS2 library tremendously so far.

Thanks though!

I tried entering the coupon codes that I have used before when shopping online at Gamestop, such as AFF25 (25% off), but the website said they were no longer valid or were expired. Do the codes work for you guys, or do you know of any other codes? Furthermore, I second the possibility of sharing some EDGE codes, since I don't make that many/expensive purchases to warrant getting a card myself. Thanks.

[quote name='bassec']I'm really mad. The EDGE discount doesn't stack with anything...and you can't eliminate it from your cart. UGH![/QUOTE]

I was able to stack it with SAVER and PPLAY15 separately yesterday. CAG15 also worked earlier today when I was screwing around on the site.

Edit - CAG16 also works and stacks. I tested it out on a few used Xbox games (click on it for a bigger image):

This would be a good deal if any of the good games were actually lower than $54.99. Plus I don't have a edge card... But if anyone can recommend a good game that is fairly cheap on the site I might get it with the 16% off and free shipping.

Anyone else having problems with Step 2 of checkout. It has a drop down menu to pick the shipping address, but there isn't anything there. I already have an account, but my address is not showing up. I also tried to select in-store pickup, to no avail.

Try manually typing the codes instead of cutting and pasting

Sigma for PS3 for 26.45 + tax?

Target clearances have spoiled me, sigh.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']AFF25 plus the Edge makes it even more appealing to pull the trigger when some of the rarer stuff comes into stock. And for those still weary about the lack of guarantees concerning boxes or manuals, simply return the game to any GS/EB store if it isn't complete. I mean, I think it's worth the gamble to try and get, say, a copy of Nocturne for like $45 shipped.[/quote]
Bigdaddybruce is a smart one. AFF25 has been around for years and people bitch about it constantly. All of a sudden CheapyD posts 26% and people give a shit? Gamestop used is fine, and guaranteed. Just don't jumpm through hoops for it; it will keep coming around in one form or another and has almost always been there. I'm not sure who I'm defending and attacking here. Someone buy me Rez.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']This is just an April Fools joke...[/quote]

[quote name='shadylane']has no one caught on that this is an aprils fools joke?[/quote]

Yes. Isn't it because it's already tomorrow where Cheapy is? Still an hour and a half left to go here in SoCal.

[quote name='zephie']Yes. Isn't it because it's already tomorrow where Cheapy is? Still an hour and a half left to go here in SoCal.[/QUOTE]

i applied it. it works just fine. i just don't have an Edge card... :(

[quote name='sandrokstar']i applied it. it works just fine. i just don't have an Edge card... :([/quote]

That's reassuring, but I'll be in cautious optimism mode until April 2nd.

So I just applied it to see if it works and it actually does. Then I decide I want to try using AFF25 with it, but every time I get to the step where I have to log in, no matter what I've done previously as far as logging out, clearing the cart, clearing cookies, etc., it still has the original coupon codes saved for the 26% off and free shipping. Anyone know of a way to clear those out?

[quote name='vessey632']So I just applied it to see if it works and it actually does. Then I decide I want to try using AFF25 with it, but every time I get to the step where I have to log in, no matter what I've done previously as far as logging out, clearing the cart, clearing cookies, etc., it still has the original coupon codes saved for the 26% off and free shipping. Anyone know of a way to clear those out?[/quote]

Cick the little "X" next to the discount in your shopping cart.

If I enter CAG16 1st, then enter my edge number, it doesn't immediately show the 10% edge discount. I had to click proceed to checkout, then back on browser and the new totals were updated with all discounts

Is that cheap edge card deal still going? I'm suddenly interested in buying one, but my searches on the forum prove fruitless.

bread's done
Back