New Metal Slug Anthology PS2 $20 at Gamestop

lukewin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
While making the rounds the past couple days, I noticed that Metal Slug Anthology PS2 is $20 for a new copy at Gamestop. Thought I'd post this since it was posted at $25 at GQD the other week. I've seen it at 2 Gamestops, but haven't wanted to bite yet. Already have the Wii version, and after spending so much time on this site, $20 is a hefty price tag for me.

I'd pick that up in a heartbeat. Can't find that one locally. Have you run into any Metal Slug Anthologies for the PSP? I finally found one at a local Gamestop, and unfortunately, was missing the manual. How that vexes me, I'm terribly vexed. IF ANY ONE HAS A MANUAL FOR METAL SLUG ANTHOLOGY PSP MSG ME!!!! I need it......

I have yet to see this game at any local stores. I used to see a couple PSP copies at Fry's but those dissapeared.

From what I hear, the PS2 version is the best port of the games, although the response is a bit sluggish :/
Maybe it's b/c I'm playing it on a PS3?

How is the PSP version?

Anywho, I remember the good ole' laundromat days only needing 2-3 quarters to get through the whole game. Man was that game unforgiving....

I bought the PSP version of Ebay a while ago when it first came out, and I am glad I did because I hardly ever see it anywhere. The PSP version runs perfectly while in game, but has some fairly long load times. Putting it on a memory stick really helps the loading times but Metal Slug 6 refuses to load then :( Oh well, overall it is a good port to the PSP with some annoying load times.

I've only seen it used at a GS, never new. But I got it from Goozex for 600 pts... oh well, you win some, you lose some.

I've been wanting this for the psp, but since I can't find that anywhere perhaps I should settle and get this for the ps2.

I heard the PSP screen port was hit or miss. because you deform it to fit widescreen but if you wnat it normal 4:3 it becomes too small. But I guess it would be nice to have protable.

I grabbed a copy of the psp version a week after it came out and while the load times are fairly long I thought it played just like it did in the arcade. I did not realize it was this difficult to find now.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I heard the PSP screen port was hit or miss. because you deform it to fit widescreen but if you wnat it normal 4:3 it becomes too small. But I guess it would be nice to have protable.[/quote]

Well Symphony of the Night (ala Castlevania X) looked fine at 4:3 so I figured this would too. The fact of the matter is my console time is limited so I doubt I'll play the ps2 version much. Where as with the psp its much easier to squeeze in game time. Too bad you can't remote play ps2 games on the ps3. That would be a nice solution to this problem.

I just noticed on the front page cheapy posted that in the coming weeks there will be a coupon for the metal slug anthology on psp from game quest direct. For those looking for it that may be your best chance!

[quote name='greeble']Too bad you can't remote play ps2 games on the ps3. That would be a nice solution to this problem.[/quote]
I think that is a possibility, seeing as how there was remote play with Lair. It would be pretty neat, but I don't think we'll be seeing that any time soon.

[quote name='deliveryboy15']I just noticed on the front page cheapy posted that in the coming weeks there will be a coupon for the metal slug anthology on psp from game quest direct. For those looking for it that may be your best chance![/QUOTE]
Or if you don't feel like waiting, sealed copies of the PSP version can be had on eBay and Amazon for under $35 shipped.

Man I have been looking forever for this on ANY system. Never bit when Best Buy had all 3 versions for $40, and I never found it in the CC clearance.

I found one used copy on Wii at a Gamestop, of course the manual was missing, ugh.

And amazon just won't drop the damn price. This should be $20 everywhere.

I actually found me a copy of Metal Slug Anthology PSP version at GS mint and complete for $16.19 after Edge discount today! I have been looking and waiting for a copy to show up for like 3 months. Now I dont need the GQD reprint. Woot!

I stumbled across a brand new copy of this at Gamestop in Grand Forks, ND last Friday. There were two copies, both gutted, but $20 each. I was pretty juiced!

[quote name='Thrinn']Just a warning: the PS2 version of this game has noticeable input lag.[/quote]

I actually didn't notice.

[quote name='VWarrior']I actually didn't notice.[/QUOTE] At first I thought the PS2 version was harder than the original, but after comparing the PS2 version to the Neo Geo version side by side, I noticed that there is about a 1/4 to 1/2 second lag between you doing something like pushing the jump button and your guy actually jumping. It may not seem like a big deal, but on the later levels a split second will cost you the game. :( If you search on Google for "metal slug collection" & lag you'll find other people noticed the lag, too.

But yeah, if you're not a hardcore Metal Slug player, it prob won't bother you. It's really disappointing because Metal Slug is such a great old-school series, and it gets sort of a slap-dash port here.

[quote name='Thrinn']At first I thought the PS2 version was harder than the original, but after comparing the PS2 version to the Neo Geo version side by side, I noticed that there is about a 1/4 to 1/2 second lag between you doing something like pushing the jump button and your guy actually jumping. It may not seem like a big deal, but on the later levels a split second will cost you the game. :( If you search on Google for "metal slug collection" & lag you'll find other people noticed the lag, too.

But yeah, if you're not a hardcore Metal Slug player, it prob won't bother you. It's really disappointing because Metal Slug is such a great old-school series, and it gets sort of a slap-dash port here.[/quote]
For real, the lag still bugs me.

I was a Metal Slug nut, I used to play it at the arcades and on my comp, and timing was everything. The one part that I could NEVER avoid dying in was the subway section in Metal Slug X (I think that's the one). There's a slow one, and they get successively stronger and faster, all the while throwing more guys at me with bazookas, nades, bullets. The last train always ended up running me over :(

[quote name='VWarrior']I actually didn't notice.[/quote]

You haven't played much slug then, it's actually gamebreaking IMO, especially since the first one is my favorite. It's sad because the input lag on top of the year long delay probably cost the game a lot of sales, so we'll more than likely never see a fixed reissue. If the game wasn't broken I would've paid MSRP for it.

It is also $20 used at Blockbuster if you could find it.

Yeah and the input lag on the PS2 version is pretty bad which is sad because this game series deserves better!

[quote name='VWarrior']I actually didn't notice.[/QUOTE] At first I thought the PS2 version was harder than the original, but after comparing the PS2 version to the Neo Geo version side by side, I noticed that there is about a 1/4 to 1/2 second lag between you doing something like pushing the jump button and your guy actually jumping. It may not seem like a big deal, but on the later levels a split second will cost you the game. :( If you search on Google for "metal slug collection" & lag you'll find other people noticed the lag, too.

But yeah, if you're not a hardcore Metal Slug player, it prob won't bother you. It's really disappointing because Metal Slug is such a great old-school series, and it gets sort of a slap-dash port here.

[quote name='Thrinn']At first I thought the PS2 version was harder than the original, but after comparing the PS2 version to the Neo Geo version side by side, I noticed that there is about a 1/4 to 1/2 second lag between you doing something like pushing the jump button and your guy actually jumping. It may not seem like a big deal, but on the later levels a split second will cost you the game. :( If you search on Google for "metal slug collection" & lag you'll find other people noticed the lag, too.

But yeah, if you're not a hardcore Metal Slug player, it prob won't bother you. It's really disappointing because Metal Slug is such a great old-school series, and it gets sort of a slap-dash port here.[/quote]
For real, the lag still bugs me.

I was a Metal Slug nut, I used to play it at the arcades and on my comp, and timing was everything. The one part that I could NEVER avoid dying in was the subway section in Metal Slug X (I think that's the one). There's a slow one, and they get successively stronger and faster, all the while throwing more guys at me with bazookas, nades, bullets. The last train always ended up running me over :(

[quote name='VWarrior']I actually didn't notice.[/quote]

You haven't played much slug then, it's actually gamebreaking IMO, especially since the first one is my favorite. It's sad because the input lag on top of the year long delay probably cost the game a lot of sales, so we'll more than likely never see a fixed reissue. If the game wasn't broken I would've paid MSRP for it.

It is also $20 used at Blockbuster if you could find it.

Yeah and the input lag on the PS2 version is pretty bad which is sad because this game series deserves better!

bread's done
Back