Contest (CAG Foreplay #39): Win Double Sequence (DS)

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
As detailed in CAG Foreplay Podcast #39, Destination Software was kind enough to donate a copy of Double Sequence: The Q-Virus Invasion for the Nintendo DS.

If you're not familiar with the game, here's what I wrote about it this week:

Double Sequence: The Q-Virus Invasion Dev. Next Wave Team Pub. Destination Software Systems: DS MSRP: $14.99
No, no, no, they've got it all wrong. The clever "DS" part of the title is supposed to go after the colon. If they can't get that right how do we have any hope of stopping this Q-Virus? How about by matching up similarly colored blocks to decode the DNA of the virus? Unnecessary naming conventions be damned, that's just crazy enough to work. So by utilizing both screens you must form chains of a specified length by rotating the columns of blocks right or left and then swapping them vertically. Once the chain is formed you simply tap a button with the stylus and those blocks disappear and the remaining ones are there to rack your brain some more. The thing is, the blocks are actually one continuous loop that cycles around from the bottom screen and then up to the top screen. It's really difficult to explain so think of it as Super Collapse mixed with Astropop and then twisted back upon itself until your brain implodes. As of writing this preview, I'm happy to report that I've been able to beat one out of the thirty levels so far. Not to fear though, there's a create-a-puzzle mode so I could always boost my ego by setting up puzzles that I could actually solve. If you think you're up to the cranial challenge though (and can't get enough decoding DNA during your day job), Double Sequence is smartly priced at $15. - ship

Listen to the show for details on how to win (or just copy the trend that you see forming of those that actually listened)! Winner will be announced on the next CAG Foreplay. One winner will be chosen at random.

Good luck everyone and thanks again to Destination Software!

Classic Tetris, hands down. Best thing to come out of Russia since standardized Vodka. Combining the two is even better!

Does professor Layton count? Otherwise polarium was fun while it lasted. I'm hoping to play puzzle quest soon if I can find it.

I have got to give props to the Original Tetris on the Game Boy. Any game that I still play occassionally after owning it for 17 years is great. This is still my favorite version of tetris and the main reason why I keep my Game Boy Advance not packed up in storage.

Tetris Plus on the playstations. It was tetris with a slowly falling spiked ceiling and a little explorer dude walking around your blocks.

Best puzzle game ever is DStar. It was a game made for the TI-83 and TI-89 graphing calculators. It involved moving a ball around and trying to get it to the end. Here is a link to an online version of the game now. Link

This game was awesome to play during high school boring math.

The puzzle game I regret buying most? Polarium.
The puzzle game I liked the best? Tough one...perhaps good ol' Mr. Driller.

Shout outs to Tetris DS, Meteos, Puzzle Quest, and ZooKeeper.

Hexic- One of the best game on the XBLA. Hexic 2 wasn't as good as hexic 1 but both of them were worth the price of an xbla game.

i thought pokemon puzzle league on the N64 was the most fun ive had with a puzzle game. For some reason out of all of them i would play that one forever.

Tetris Attack for the SNES. I remember playing it in Highschool and zoning out for an hour on endless mode. Plus the Yoshi theme was fun.

Hmmm... In the best category, I'd have to go with Puzzle Quest. I played through it on DS and 360 I liked it so much. I think I liked how the repetitive game mechanic gets broken up by the strategy involved of using the spells and going forward with the somewhat tongue in cheek storyline in the RPG element.

Magical Drop 3 is my favorite. I like the chibi art style and the fast pased head to head battles. Chu Chu Rocket comes in a close second. As far a bad puzzle game goes. Its hard to get much worse the new Mr. Driller game.

I would have to go with Lumines Mobile. I always wanted to buy a PSP for lumines because it is such an amazing game, but could never bring myself to do it for 1 game. Then gameloft made the mobile version and happened to be available on my cell phone at the time. I purchased it and fell in love with it, for a cell phone game it had great music, pretty good control, and hours upon hours of gameplay for only $7. That would have to be my most played and favorite puzzle game.

My most recent addiction is Poker Smash for XBLA. The game is very well done (aside from some crashing issues) and very addicting. I only have 1 achievement left but I don't think I'll be able to get it.

Super Puzzle Fighter Turbo. the mix of SF characters in SD form with addictive puzzle mechanics is still awesome. i love it and i CAN kick your ass Shippy. :)

Most definitely would have to be Tetris, I could sit for hours playing that friggin game. It's addictive.

bread's done
Back