Odin Sphere $32.88 @ Frys.com

Odin Sphere has been clearanced at Circuit City, $16.96 if you can find a copy. Through Saturday, 33% off clearance titles there too, comes out to $11.36 plus tax. Just a heads up.

I paid 28.99 w/ Google Checkout and it seems like a bit too much.

The game is fun, but very basic.

Good for 19.99 (or 16.96) but you guys thinking of paying 33 should try a friend's.

Basic? You must be kidding. It's about 40 hours long, intense crazy action rpg with leveling of characters and weapons. Skills emerge / spells, and you have a full catalog of recipes to mix to increase stats, and grow things to regenerate health and "magic". It is one of the best games on PS2 hands down. For $33 it's awesome, for $12 or whatever at CC it's ridiculous.

It seems a lot like a beat 'em up to me.

The levels aren't really levels either, there is no exploration.

It's a beat 'em up with stats/spells.

I like it, I just don't think it's worth more than 30.

[quote name='willardhaven']It seems a lot like a beat 'em up to me.

The levels aren't really levels either, there is no exploration.

It's a beat 'em up with stats/spells.

I like it, I just don't think it's worth more than 30.[/quote]

/agreed

i wouldnt pay more then 20 bucks...

Ya, there isn't much exploration, but every "world" has branching paths and unless you check the map you will miss many areas. It is basically exploration. Either way it's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but just saying, my take on it is that it is AMAZING. The only thing is that towards the end (the last book in particular) it is BRUTALLY difficult. Some bosses one hit kill you even if you are way leveled up... But it's definitely doable.

it's definitely worth more than 30 bucks cause in a couple of years this thing will probably be in the high 50's on ebay.

[quote name='mkernan']Odin Sphere has been clearanced at Circuit City, $16.96 if you can find a copy. Through Saturday, 33% off clearance titles there too, comes out to $11.36 plus tax. Just a heads up.[/QUOTE]

REALLY!?! I was on the fence at $17, but for $11 I guess I'll go pick up a copy.

I really really wanted this game when it first came out last year, as I love 2D gameplay and graphics, but then it sounded like it was way too hard, and I don't like that there's no real exploration. But what the heck, for $11 I guess I'll give it a shot.

I hadn't heard about that sale!

[quote name='Wolfpup']REALLY!?! I was on the fence at $17, but for $11 I guess I'll go pick up a copy.

I really really wanted this game when it first came out last year, as I love 2D gameplay and graphics, but then it sounded like it was way too hard, and I don't like that there's no real exploration. But what the heck, for $11 I guess I'll give it a shot.

I hadn't heard about that sale![/QUOTE]

Yeah, its quite a deal if you can find a copy. Check the CC clearance thread for info. I picked up a copy after hearing great things, but still have yet to play it due to my backlog.

[quote name='Wolfpup']REALLY!?! I was on the fence at $17, but for $11 I guess I'll go pick up a copy.

I hadn't heard about that sale![/QUOTE]

Yeah, its quite a deal if you can find a copy. Check the CC clearance thread for info. I picked up a copy after hearing great things, but still have yet to play it due to my backlog.

bread's done
Back