using a Saturn joystick on DC

thanks. I do not know where I heard this, but Defender has some new Saturn joysticks I would pick up if I could use it on my DC and I wanted to finally be able to play my fighting games the way they are meant to be played. Also I read what the product said and while it said it worked with the controller will it work with a joystick(only reason I asked is joysticks are usually formatted for a console)

I've got the Innovation brand version of the total control 3. I bought it at Funcoland 3 years ago for 19.99. It's supposed to work with saturn controllers and PS2 racing wheels, but it doesn't. It does, however, work with a standard PS2 controller and a keyboard. You may still be able to find them at Gamestop in the clearance accessoriy bin with all of the N64 stuff.

yea if anyone else knows if they work with a SS to DC adaptor I would appreciate it.

Even if controllers work sometimes joysticks have certain wiring which prevents them from working is the only reason I am trying to make completely sure before buying

I have the Innovation version of total control 3 too. I got from EB awhile back. Mine works fine with my Saturn Virtua Figting stick. It was way cheaper to get the saturn stick off ebay and the converter. Plus the converter works with keyboards. So I can do some 2 player typing of the dead.

My converter has a little bear face where you plug it into your dc.

Oh and my nights 3d controller does NOT work with it. I don't think the nights controller works with any converter.

I saw some at my EB. I think I am going to buy the converters when I go back home and then get the sticks. Thanks.

Also is the Saturn Virtua stick any good. Thats what Defender has for sale

The official Virtua Stick for saturn some say is the best fighting stick ever made. I've only used a few arcade sticks and the saturn one I have has been great. It even has a metal base. My buddy who is a real arcade freak was able to do amazing combos in MvsC 2

finding a new one is really easy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3085214840&category=62053

I don't think you'll be disapointed.

edit:

my converter looks like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3085908103&category=41054

Get the ascii stick, its better IMO. I borrowed my friends virtua stick for the longest time and it was good. However, for myself I got the ascii stick, I love the baseball batt style stick, just like the arcades.

thanks. I think thats the one I am going to get., it was cheaper and seemed a little less abundant on Ebay.

I probably will end up with both but since the virtua stick is more available I will pick up the ASCii stick.

bread's done
Back