- - - - -

2008 NFL Season Thread

#3211 TruthinessFC   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

TruthinessFC

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:56 PM

Wow, this just confirms that Belichick gave Pioli a gift in that trade. And here I thought the Schaub trade was crazy unbalanced...

#3212 Chitown021   CAG, I'm back babeeeeee! CAGiversary!   5542 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:23 AM

Holy crap! I wanted the Bears to get Cutler but we overpaid like a champ... If we only had him a couple years ago for our Superbowl run instead of Grossman...
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#3213 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62982 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:43 AM

We need a new thread for the 2009 off-season and regular season and not that Bears-exclusive thread either.

The 12th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Contest Now Live - Enter Before 3/17! 

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#3214 manthing   etc, etc, etc, etc, CAGiversary!   18149 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:03 AM

Wow, this just confirms that Belichick gave Pioli a gift in that trade. And here I thought the Schaub trade was crazy unbalanced...

What gift?

A $14 Mill cap hit? It was too high a price to pay for an unproven(outside the Pats system) QB.

The $14 mil salary SEVERELY dropped Cassel's tradability.

-----------------------

I can't wait for all the pre-season predictions of the Vi-Queens winning the NFC North w/ the worst QB in the division.

8-)
dont hate the player or the game just hate your salf

#3215 TruthinessFC   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

TruthinessFC

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:33 AM

What gift?

A $14 Mill cap hit? It was too high a price to pay for an unproven(outside the Pats system) QB.

The $14 mil salary SEVERELY dropped Cassel's tradability.

What gift? Well, giving Vrabel away for free, and taking less than market value for Cassel. I know, I know, Vrabel is generally considered old and washed up but he is one season removed from a 77 tackle, 12.5 sack year. If nothing else, Vrabel at least held value for the Patriots as a starting OLB.

At first glance the cap hit is too high for what Matt has done so far, but honestly what else do the Chiefs have of value that would give them pause before cutting loose? Gonzo, that lineman they drafted last year, LJ, Bowe, Hali, Derrick Johnson, a few B-level players maybe. The Chiefs are going nowhere so they can afford to wait, resign Cassel to a longer deal and build with a few drafts.

Too high a price to pay? So how do two first rounders, a third, and Neckbeard weigh for you? Teams are overpaying for promising young QBs, it's important for the sellers to cash in whenever possible. Belichick could've gotten more from another team, regardless of how good Cassel turns out to be.

#3216 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39516 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:08 AM

Well, the bears will find, again, that no line and no real receivers, means a QB who will wade in the pool of mediocrity.