$12.21 Anchor Bay Blu-Rays at Deepdiscount

The Halloween transfer is horrible. Not worth picking up IMO. They'll have another release of it next year anyways.

The MoH sets are tempting, but I'm holding on to hope that there will be a real box set of it like they did for season 1 on dvd.

[quote name='opterasis']The Halloween transfer is horrible. Not worth picking up IMO. They'll have another release of it next year anyways.

The MoH sets are tempting, but I'm holding on to hope that there will be a real box set of it like they did for season 1 on dvd.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up. Guess I'll hold off as well.

woohoo. I've been eyeing Day of the Dead at Newbury Comics for $17.99 for a month now... $2.21 makes it a no-brainer.

Nice find, OP.

Picked up Evil Dead 2.

I have Evil Dead and Army of Darkness on regular DVD but somehow Evil Dead 2 was never purchased. I've corrected that mistake now.

Bring on more blu-ray deals!

Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, and Evil Dead 2 are going to be mine! But since the promotion lasts till the end of April I think I will hold off a week or two.

I don't even have a Blu-Ray player yet and I'm really tempted to get Dawn/Day Of The Dead.

Really, I haven't seen them anywhere near $24.42 for both.

[quote name='guyver2077']nice...even though halloween got a week review.. it may be worth the price[/quote]

Longest review I've ever heard of. ;)

Nice find, OP.

Picked up Evil Dead 2.

I have Evil Dead and Army of Darkness on regular DVD but somehow Evil Dead 2 was never purchased. I've corrected that mistake now.

Bring on more blu-ray deals!

Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, and Evil Dead 2 are going to be mine! But since the promotion lasts till the end of April I think I will hold off a week or two.

I don't even have a Blu-Ray player yet and I'm really tempted to get Dawn/Day Of The Dead.

Really, I haven't seen them anywhere near $24.42 for both.

[quote name='guyver2077']nice...even though halloween got a week review.. it may be worth the price[/quote]

Longest review I've ever heard of. ;)

[quote name='Deefuzz']Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, and Evil Dead 2 are going to be mine! But since the promotion lasts till the end of April I think I will hold off a week or two.[/quote]That's my plan too. I'll probably place the order in the middle of the month, since Mario Kart & GTA:IV are gonna put the crunch on my wallet at the end of the month.

[quote name='Deefuzz']Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, and Evil Dead 2 are going to be mine! But since the promotion lasts till the end of April I think I will hold off a week or two.[/quote]That's my plan too. I'll probably place the order in the middle of the month, since Mario Kart & GTA:IV are gonna put the crunch on my wallet at the end of the month.

[quote name='opterasis']The Halloween transfer is horrible. Not worth picking up IMO. They'll have another release of it next year anyways.

The MoH sets are tempting, but I'm holding on to hope that there will be a real box set of it like they did for season 1 on dvd.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The only title that is likely double-dip safe is "Day of the Dead." It is encoded MPEG4 and has most of the supplements from the DVD, and it is rarely re-released since it is not all that popular. The others will all be improved down the line IMO.

Picked up Day of the Dead, Evil Dead 2, Masters of Horror. Vol. 1, 3 and 4. Volumes 1 and 4 shipped today, but Day, Dead and Volume 1 are backordered still.

[quote name='Ruined']Agreed. The only title that is likely double-dip safe is "Day of the Dead." It is encoded MPEG4 and has most of the supplements from the DVD, and it is rarely re-released since it is not all that popular. The others will all be improved down the line IMO.[/quote]Halloween, Dawn & Day of the Dead, & Evil Dead 2 are all MPEG4 according to HighDefDigest's reviews. Halloween is almost assuredly getting a rerelease given the popularity of the movie & the terrible quality of the current BD release. But I don't see the others getting a rerelease anytime soon given the current rate of catalog titles are getting released on BD. They might get double dipped at some point, but it'll be atleast a few years if that happens IMO.

BTW, no movie is double dip safe. ;)

As a follow-up. My order (for Day of the Dead) was cancelled on 4/11... at least I think it was. The amount was refunded to my CC and I received no notification.

[quote name='kingjeff']As a follow-up. My order (for Day of the Dead) was cancelled on 4/11... at least I think it was. The amount was refunded to my CC and I received no notification.[/QUOT

Bummer. My order was shipped on the 9th.

[quote name='kingjeff']As a follow-up. My order (for Day of the Dead) was cancelled on 4/11... at least I think it was. The amount was refunded to my CC and I received no notification.[/quote]

I wonder why...Mine shipped on 4/11

All my orders from the promotion finally got in stock and shipped. Now to wait the usual month-long shipping from Deep Discount, lol.

bread's done
Back