PlayStation 3 DualShock 3 $49.98 at Buy.com ($39.98 w/GCO) + free shipping

Got my Dualshock 3 in the mail yesterday from Sony. I haven't put it through its paces with all of the compatible games yet, but what a difference it's making in my pitching performance in MLB 08.

Nice - I tried this and it's not allowing me to use GCO saying "We're sorry, one or more of the items in your basket do not allow the use of this service." The controller is the only thing in my basket.

[quote name='honusw']Nice - I tried this and it's not allowing me to use GCO saying "We're sorry, one or more of the items in your basket do not allow the use of this service." The controller is the only thing in my basket.[/quote]

Same here, added the controller to my cart and get the same message about not being able to use Google checkout so that kills the deal for me.

[quote name='razgriz417']GCO does not work with preorder items, you have to wait until Buy.com actually says they have DS3s in stock[/quote]

this.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']when will people realize that GCO is not a deal...[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was thinking. So tired of seeing these.

Well, this is still $5 less than retail. It's a bit of a deal without GCO.

and I'd be all over this, but I shouldn't get two DS3s yet.

i preorderd from amazon but it still says on the receipt on the site being delivered april 21, when its coming out tommorow.

but i maxed up the gco thing because i already have used all my cards once on it. i read if u try when u already used it they close ur account

EDIT: yayz they sent it after all i check. im gonna get it in a couple of days

[quote name='SackAttack']Got my Dualshock 3 in the mail yesterday from Sony. I haven't put it through its paces with all of the compatible games yet, but what a difference it's making in my pitching performance in MLB 08.[/quote]

Yeah, SONY's own MLB '08 The Show is one PS3 series that practically screams for a force-feedback controller, which makes SONY's decision to not make the original PS3 controllers rumble a total mystery. "Last-gen feature" my ass.

I just got my "your item has shipped" e-mail from Amazon.com, so hopefully my games will have rumble functionality before the weekend arrives.

[quote name='AwRy108']Yeah, SONY's own MLB '08 The Show is one PS3 series that practically screams for a force-feedback controller, which makes SONY's decision to not make the original PS3 controllers rumble a total mystery. "Last-gen feature" my ass.

I just got my "your item has shipped" e-mail from Amazon.com, so hopefully my games will have rumble functionality before the weekend arrives.[/quote]
Heh, the real reason they got rid of the rumble feature was because of a lawsuit with Immersion:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immersion_v._Sony

Sony claimed it interfered with the motion controls, but that wasn't the case.

[quote name='AwRy108']...SONY's decision to not make the original PS3 controllers rumble a total mystery. [/quote]

They were sued by Immersion for patent infringement thats why it took so long to be released. MS was too but they settled with Immersion well before Sony did.

Has anyone here NOT used their GCO discount yet?

Can't we just get a sticky in the deal forum that makes people aware of its existence? I think everyone is smart enough to subtract $10 off any item they see on buy.com on their own.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']when will people realize that GCO is not a deal...[/QUOTE]

it is a deal if you have a credit card that can generate one-time use numbers like the paypal debit card. nothing illegal about it.

[quote name='Exodus.Lang']Heh, the real reason they got rid of the rumble feature was because of a lawsuit with Immersion:

Sony claimed it interfered with the motion controls, but that wasn't the case.[/quote]

I'm 100% aware of this; but all SONY had to do was pay royalties to Immersion, just like Microsoft is doing.

[quote name='AwRy108']I'm 100% aware of this; but all SONY had to do was pay royalties to Immersion, just like Microsoft is doing.[/quote]
OK, it sounded like you didn't know that. It's definitely too bad it took this long to get the rumble feature added back in, but I'm glad to see it. Now Sony needs to release the other colors here!

When new users sign up, they should have to check a box that says "I will not report GCO as a deal" somewhere in between the age certification and e-mail.

i preorderd from amazon but it still says on the receipt on the site being delivered april 21, when its coming out tommorow.

but i maxed up the gco thing because i already have used all my cards once on it. i read if u try when u already used it they close ur account

EDIT: yayz they sent it after all i check. im gonna get it in a couple of days

[quote name='SackAttack']Got my Dualshock 3 in the mail yesterday from Sony. I haven't put it through its paces with all of the compatible games yet, but what a difference it's making in my pitching performance in MLB 08.[/quote]

Yeah, SONY's own MLB '08 The Show is one PS3 series that practically screams for a force-feedback controller, which makes SONY's decision to not make the original PS3 controllers rumble a total mystery. "Last-gen feature" my ass.

I just got my "your item has shipped" e-mail from Amazon.com, so hopefully my games will have rumble functionality before the weekend arrives.

[quote name='AwRy108']Yeah, SONY's own MLB '08 The Show is one PS3 series that practically screams for a force-feedback controller, which makes SONY's decision to not make the original PS3 controllers rumble a total mystery. "Last-gen feature" my ass.

I just got my "your item has shipped" e-mail from Amazon.com, so hopefully my games will have rumble functionality before the weekend arrives.[/quote]
Heh, the real reason they got rid of the rumble feature was because of a lawsuit with Immersion:

Sony claimed it interfered with the motion controls, but that wasn't the case.

[quote name='AwRy108']...SONY's decision to not make the original PS3 controllers rumble a total mystery. [/quote]

They were sued by Immersion for patent infringement thats why it took so long to be released. MS was too but they settled with Immersion well before Sony did.

Has anyone here NOT used their GCO discount yet?

Can't we just get a sticky in the deal forum that makes people aware of its existence? I think everyone is smart enough to subtract $10 off any item they see on buy.com on their own.

it is a deal if you have a credit card that can generate one-time use numbers like the paypal debit card. nothing illegal about it.

[quote name='Exodus.Lang']Heh, the real reason they got rid of the rumble feature was because of a lawsuit with Immersion:

Sony claimed it interfered with the motion controls, but that wasn't the case.[/quote]

I'm 100% aware of this; but all SONY had to do was pay royalties to Immersion, just like Microsoft is doing.

[quote name='AwRy108']I'm 100% aware of this; but all SONY had to do was pay royalties to Immersion, just like Microsoft is doing.[/quote]
OK, it sounded like you didn't know that. It's definitely too bad it took this long to get the rumble feature added back in, but I'm glad to see it. Now Sony needs to release the other colors here!

When new users sign up, they should have to check a box that says "I will not report GCO as a deal" somewhere in between the age certification and e-mail.

thanks op. Buy.com is finally showing the dualshock3 controller in stock, and I used the $10off Google Checkout. Although that might not be a deal itself, the price is still $5 cheaper than other retailers like Gamestop, BestBuy, Circuit City. Plus I dont pay shipping or tax.

Thanks again!

umm, total mystery? Dude, they didn't include it because they were in a settlement dispute with Immersion. MS and Nintendo payed out. Sony tried to argue. They failed. They then finally settled.

Just ordered one. I got one from play-asia and the left analog stick died. I was under the 3 month warranty PA offers, but they really put up a stink about taking it back.

I will never buy hardware from PA again.

So, I guess I'm spending $100 to get a working DS3.

[quote name='Hoffer']Just ordered one. I got one from play-asia and the left analog stick died. I was under the 3 month warranty PA offers, but they really put up a stink about taking it back.

I will never buy hardware from PA again.

So, I guess I'm spending $100 to get a working DS3.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't being under the 3 month warranty mean you got your money back despite the stink?

[quote name='Apossum']Can't we just get a sticky in the deal forum that makes people aware of its existence? I think everyone is smart enough to subtract $10 off any item they see on buy.com on their own.[/quote]I think that's a good idea.

[quote name='iamtheodork']Stop complaining about GCO deals.

Thanks OP![/quote]
I agree.

[quote name='Scorch']Everything is $10 off when you sign up and use GCO. We get it. Please stop posting GCO "deals".[/quote]

I agree.

[quote name='nikkai']Wouldn't being under the 3 month warranty mean you got your money back despite the stink?[/quote]

I spoke with them 3 times. They emphasized that they shipped it working, that it was my fault it didn't work and that if they found it worked acceptably, I would be SOL. They really made me feel uncomfortable to send it back. I feel that if I did ship it back, I'd then be out the shipping cost as well since they won't do anything about it.

Just listen to the PS Nation podcast. The co-host on there is also going through a thing with play-asia and a DS3 return. He sent it back in early January and can't get anything out of them.

This is directed at the 10 people (or so) who's posts I deleted because they complained about this thread mentioning GCO as part of the deal:

I was deciding whether to lock this thread or delete the GCO discussion - it was a close call but I went with the latter choice. Look, most CAGs know GCO is not a deal per se, but not everyone knows about it and it seems several CAGs have purchased a DS3 via this method because of this thread so I'm letting it go. Please do not discuss how GCO is not a deal in this thread. I've modified the title so it isn't focused solely on the GCO aspect ;).

[quote name='Enemy15']so i only need a new email with GCO right? i can have the same address & CC as last time right?[/quote]

sounds about right, I believe you need another gmail account though.

Hopefully Buy.com keeps that price point for a while since I will most likely pick it up when MGS4 comes out soon

I haven't really been caught up in the whole Dual Shock 3 scene so sorry if I'm behind on this but: are all incoming games going to now be Dual Shock compatible? More specifically, GTA IV is going to be right? What about Burnout Paradise? Does that already have built in rumble? If not, is there at least any talks about a planned upgrade?

[quote name='basketkase543']I haven't really been caught up in the whole Dual Shock 3 scene so sorry if I'm behind on this but: are all incoming games going to now be Dual Shock compatible? More specifically, GTA IV is going to be right? What about Burnout Paradise? Does that already have built in rumble? If not, is there at least any talks about a planned upgrade?[/QUOTE]

Burnout Paradise supports rumble, yes.

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/About/Controller/Controller_games.html

The games on that list have been confirmed by Sony as either supporting rumble at launch (for titles like MGS4 that obviously aren't out yet) or as currently supporting launch. Anything with a red asterisk requires a title update, while titles without that asterisk support it natively.

Burnout evidently supports it natively.

bread's done
Back