Retail Employee Stories Part 6: The Life & Tragedies Of GrilledWitOnions

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='neocisco']Tragedies, not tragedys. I'm here for you, Demo.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That's what happens when you only have 4.5 hours of sleep. Damn you MLS for running that double header on ESPN-2 last night. :lol:

Kind of disgusting one from earlier today- One of the workers was going out to round up carts in the parking lot. We are a small store with only 10 carts so we have to keep an eye out for them and ask customers not to take them out and if they must, to return them and not leave them in the lot. Of course, no one cares and leaves them anywhere in the center.

She comes back inside with a shocked look on her face, and tells us there was a guy outside about 2 stores down outside the center in front of a vacant store relieving himself and he apparently had his pants down and everything was showing.

I'm glad I wasn't the one rounding up the carts today :puke:

[quote name='Doomed']For those who still, still, still haven't seen it:
http://actsofgord.com/
Stories much like these.[/quote]

I read every single story on that site one night last year, and wow, it was probably the funniest stuff I've read my entire life.:lol:

I'm sure it's been brought off before but customers who try to come to shop at the last minute.

The manager said I could tell anyone else who came to the door that we're closed and I didn't have to let them in. So the story goes that I have a big line AT CLOSING and some lady comes up. I'm letting people out, and locking the door in between ringing the lady outside sees her opportunity. The lady practically clawing her way in says "I need something." I respond "sorry mam we're closed for today we'll reopen at 9 tomorrow." She replies with one of the rudest responses ever, "well by my watch you're open for another 3 minutes." Let's just say I let my temper, for a lack of a better word, get the better of me and had it out with this lady. In retrospect I realize how unprofessional it was but given the same situation I'd probably do it again. Making close to minimum wage at the time I wasn't ready to have this jerk of a customer walk all over me. Guess what? You're the customer but you're WRONG. I didn't get written up so I guessed the manager shared my sentiments. (My last job btw)

It also takes a lot for me to snap like this but when I do hit my limit you'll know. The other day at my current job I had somebody mock my light lisp I have. Needless to say I was none too happy. If I see the guy again and he pulls that once more he will apologize if he doesn't want trouble for himself.

The store I worked at had a rebate program where you do the form online or get money back. Some products were free after rebate or were expensive items with large rebates. Well some "customers" bought these products got the rebate and brought them back. Many used coupons in combination to and "lost their receipts" We couldn't deny them because there was no way for us to prove they got their rebate. I always thought and will continue to think tat people like these are lousy. We had an elderly asian lady come in and do this nice lady but damn did she go overboard. She would always have several purchases up to eight at times. A buttload of coupons and they were often large orders with many products each. She'd come in and do this before closing and ringing her out would take at least 10 minutes. Was there for 30 minutes later on some nights.

I might seem hot headed but there'll come a time where I have to let jerks off without some snide comments or a confrontation but until that time I'm going to teach people to shut their goddamn mouths if I have to.

I have a couple from my long line of jobs(I have the same kind of temper like Magneto and can't keep my mouth shut).

Anyway.....

Long story short, I worked for a now defunct retailer(Hill's) back in the day and I was in the layaway department. So, the one night, this one guy comes to get his entertainment center he put on layaway out(one of those heavy ass O'Sullivan or Sauder ones).

He asks me to 'help him' with carryout, even though he looked like he could've handled it on his own. He then proceeds to stand there and watch me attempting to hoist the big box up over the back gate of his pickup truck and only after I managed to get it 95% of the way in the truck, does he give it one last push.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but 'helping someone with carryout' usually means the person actually HELPS the employee with the item in SOME WAY, right?

To top it all off, I didn't even get so much as a thank you from this ignorant redneck. I ended up leaving the job about a month later when they tried switching me from layaway to front register(with an undersized lovely red vest they wanted me to wear).

Here's another story, very short one, much like the one Magneto told above.

I worked for a Arby's also wayyyy back in the day(like 1994 or so) and we had numerous customers come rushing into the store when it was already past the time we were supposed to close at. You know why? Because instead of sending one of the young kids working there(myself included)to lock up, they sent the oldest person on the staff who had to be about 65-70. So, by the time she crawled to the door, 5-6 people had come in wanting to order something.

The other night I made the mistake of picking up the phone about ten minutes before closing. We were shutting everything down. Some lady wanted us to stay open so she could get there. I told her that unfortunately we were closing but that we opened up early the next day. I told her that she still had 10 minutes to get in and that I could stay with her if she needed but that we couldn't let customers in AFTER 9. She told me that she needed me to stay open and that I should do whatever possible to make that happen. She went on some rant about how he she was returning her 3rd wireless router (which she couldn't pronounce) because Verizon tech support said it was the problem. I asked if I could help her over the phone and she declined because Verizon tech support already knew what they were talking about. (I have to concur that getting 3 defective routers in a row because some guy in India says so is very plausible and has nothing to do with the fact that they're both probably totally lost as to what to do) She told me that it took 20 minutes to get there (now with 5 minutes left) and that she was leaving and I should still be there. I apologized for the poor circumstances and at this point I pretty much told her to take a hike.

We have a mess of people every day asking us about a small battery, cordless phone battery, or power adapter that they need. Only problem is that they don't know anything about it nor did they even bother to bring it with them. What ensues is the most pointless 5-10 minutes of my life. "Well if you have it, I can probably guess which one it is." Yeah jackass. You're suddenly going to be the first one that breaks the cycle and actually knows what you're talking about. I swear that each employee probably wastes an hour total every week fielding these questions.

That's almost as funny as the multitudes of calls any Gamestop I've been in lately has received regarding the Wii while I've been in the store. Each store must've received no less than 5 calls in 20 minutes. I joked with the employees that they should have a voice message come on before they even pick up and start their shpeel about how they 'don't have any Wii systems and don't know when they're getting any'.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Has anyone else noticed that the last chapter on acts of gord is broken?[/quote]
Yeah... always wondered about that. There's another chapter where "Gord wonders if there will be a chapter __ (don't remember the number)" that leads to a blank page.

[quote name='davo1224']Unfortunately, Gord probably wouldn't like you too much. The link is broken but the chapter is fine.[/quote]

say what?

As far as I have tested, everything that shows up in the contents is available to be seen. Even still, extra content is nothing to wait with bated breath for. I'll sum it up for you.

"I am a young kid or a dirty scrub."
""
"You're a dookiehead!"
"Nintendo sucks and you've been charged $1 million for 50 Cent Bulletproof on XBox"

[quote name='davo1224']As far as I have tested, everything that shows up in the contents is available to be seen. Even still, extra content is nothing to wait with bated breath for. I'll sum it up for you.

"I am a young kid or a dirty scrub."
""
"You're a dookiehead!"
"Nintendo sucks and you've been charged $1 million for 50 Cent Bulletproof on XBox"[/quote]

Ya, I konw it's all pretty much the same story, just differnt words, but I am hoping he fixes these(http://www.actsofgord.com/apocalypse/) broken links. HE seems like a dushbag though, I doubt i would have enjoyed being in his store.

Well any one with a brain can tell that some of those stories are fake. There's no way that Clint Eastwood would run a video game store. Nor would you run into any Pulp Fiction-esque scenarios while running one.

Well, my dad worked at a pizza place back when he was in his late teens and early twenties, and he has shared many stories with me. He was a pizza delivery driver, and as some of you may know, drivers are often payed below minimum wage because they are expected to make it up by getting tips. Well, sometimes, my dad would get very little or even no tip, and he would get pissed because that is what makes up part of his pay. He wasn't late or gave bad service, the people were just assholes and didn't want to give some money to him for doing his job. I mean, they could at least give 2 bucks and that would at least be something and would prevent somebody from spitting in your pizza. This would happen sometimes, but my dad stayed and worked there because on good nights he would make 20 dollars an hour delivering pizza. He has plenty of other stories though, and I'll have to ask him to tell me some more so I can tell all of you his pizza delivering memoirs.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Kind of disgusting one from earlier today- One of the workers was going out to round up carts in the parking lot. We are a small store with only 10 carts so we have to keep an eye out for them and ask customers not to take them out and if they must, to return them and not leave them in the lot. Of course, no one cares and leaves them anywhere in the center.

She comes back inside with a shocked look on her face, and tells us there was a guy outside about 2 stores down outside the center in front of a vacant store relieving himself and he apparently had his pants down and everything was showing.

I'm glad I wasn't the one rounding up the carts today :puke:[/QUOTE]

I think I'm the only person in the world who takes my cart back to the stor or puts it in the cart place in the lot. It must be rare, because I was even thanked for it once.

[quote name='SeemslikeTrav']I think I'm the only person in the world who takes my cart back to the stor or puts it in the cart place in the lot. It must be rare, because I was even thanked for it once.[/QUOTE]

If I see a cart when I'm walking in to a store, I'll bring it over to the cart racks. Especially if the worthless scum who were too lazy to spend 30 seconds of their life alleviating a bit of misery for the working class decided to block a parking spot. :bomb:

I hate lazy, inconsiderate customers.

[quote name='Callandor']If I see a cart when I'm walking in to a store, I'll bring it over to the cart racks. Especially if the worthless scum who were too lazy to spend 30 seconds of their life alleviating a bit of misery for the working class decided to block a parking spot. :bomb:

I hate lazy, inconsiderate customers.[/QUOTE]

I pushed carts at a wal-mart for one month of my life during college while waiting for another job to become available for me. It is pretty amazing how lazy people get with the shopping carts (seriously if you can walk around the store for an hour shopping, I don't see why you can't take the extra time to put the cart away).

[quote name='davo1224']Well any one with a brain can tell that some of those stories are fake. There's no way that Clint Eastwood would run a video game store. Nor would you run into any Pulp Fiction-esque scenarios while running one.[/QUOTE]

1050893941_rserandal1.gif

I have pictured Gord as being more like Randal Graves. :lol:

sorry about that I didn't know you needed an account to see that stuff

#

Posted by Navaash on February 12, 2004

Canadian owner of a video games store. Runs a website, Acts of Gord, where which he describes the idiocy of retail customers and how he deals with them.

Registered at the Something Awful forums in early November of 2001 and proved to be a massive jackass. Was especially fond of trolling Nintendo threads in the Games forum. Got a bad reputation quickly and caused many people to call for his head.

Eventually FYAD poster Corbalt called Gord out December 2002 in FYAD and challenged him to a Starcraft match. The bet: If Corbalt could beat Gord ten times in a row, Gord would be permabanned. If Gord won even once, Corbalt would be permabanned. Corbalt proceeded to hand Gord's ass to him; Gord claimed only nine games were played even though witnesses clearly witnessed ten.

Flamed out by posting a long, inaccurate rant directed at Lowtax in FYAD shortly before he was permabanned. Afterwards, it was discovered that his web hosting was run by furries.
#

Posted by FilthyImp on February 13, 2004

Also, one of the driving forces behind getting Gord on the forums was the Games goons.
From what they'd seen on his website, they thought he would be a funny guy and a good addition to the forums. They were wrong, of course, because he was a rabid, trolling fanboy.

Because of this, the term "We should buy that guy an account" is now taken with a grain of salt.
#

Posted by Internet 2.0 on February 15, 2004

Also, a detail on his site (actsofgord.com): It's a big compilation of his stories about dealing with inept customers at his game store. Although funny, most of the stories are likely fabricated. Some of them are obviously fake. Like the ones where he beats up teenagers.
#

Posted by Damion on June 5, 2005

Although I joined after this whole Gord mess, I live in the same small Canadian town wherin Gord ran his gaming store. He was the kind of guy you couldn't complain about but wasn't really fantastic either. Kind of like the Comic Book Guy from Simpsons in a less-abrasive format.

He eventually showed his fantastic human nature by running the store into debt, selling half of it to a friend, and then skipping out on the country to go make big bucks teaching in Korea while his friend dealt with the store.

The location where the store used to be has since been converted to a sports store for everything but hockey, as hockey tends to be dominant in our town. Good place to get NFL, NBA, or EPL jerseys.
#

Posted by KOMI on October 1, 2005

Many people who are haters/fans of The Gord have often asked if anyone had a picture of Gord, to which no one seems to have.

I happen to have two, which I gladley share with you all.

Behold, The GORD!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/KOMI18/gord2.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/KOMI18/gord1.jpg
#

Posted by Hydrogen Oxide on January 22, 2006

Gord has now returned to Canada and is planning on opening up a LAN center. Updates on it's progress can be found http://aog.2y.net/forums/index.php?showforum=22"]here[/url].
#

Posted by Sigma X on June 24, 2006

Skyssx and I visited Gord in the sKorean city of Seoul for kicks.

Note: Some of the last posts from him on the forums told that he decided to close down "his" store and go to sKorea to teach English, as he was going to make very good money.

He lived in a small, one-room apartment, common to the sKorean and Japanese basic-wage-earner, full of anime posters and dirty clothes. We spent the evening in his apartment listening to him rant on the fact that "Richard" perma-banned him because he was so envious of his success and popularity on the forums. He also mentioned his monetary success (this was a reoccuring theme about every venture he spoke of that night) from teaching, and showed us some other ways he made money - which included selling anime posters and wall hangings to obsessed fans in the US.

He also brought up his plan to return to the US and open a virtual-reality game center, somewhat similar to Dave & Busters or Jillians. HE also brought up his plan to create a brand-new virtual-reality robot fighting game similar to Steel Battalion.

We speny something like 4 hours there and said maybe three sentences apiece.

A very sad man.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Kind of disgusting one from earlier today- One of the workers was going out to round up carts in the parking lot. We are a small store with only 10 carts so we have to keep an eye out for them and ask customers not to take them out and if they must, to return them and not leave them in the lot. Of course, no one cares and leaves them anywhere in the center.

I'm glad I wasn't the one rounding up the carts today :puke:[/QUOTE]

The true nature of people starts to show when dealing with... shopping carts. My first job title was "cart attendant", so I've seen my fair share of carts. Amazing how people just can't bring themselves to push a cart 20ft from their car to the cart return. Instead they'll just leave the cart in the middle of the parking lot, taking up a parking space and then eventually rolling down the hill to dent someone's car when they're inside shopping. Amazing.

work at a gas station here and after they remodeled the stores the location of the ATM changed. Like most people, customers don't walk around the store (which is small btw) and just walk up to the counter and ask where the atm is. Customers obviously don't look around the store either, I say this because their is a giant sign above the ATM that says "ATM HERE" So now when I'm asked "Where is the ATM?" I reply with "Well, It should be right underneath the giant ATM HERE sign"

Another one from a week or so ago:
Walking by the Hot dog grill, Old lady stops me to ask "Where is the Honey Mustard?"
Nicely i respond with " I'm sorry ma'am but we don't have Honey Mustard"
Then comes the usual "oh yes you do, i always get it"
So i again respond nicely "Ma'am i've been working here for 7 years, we have never carried any type of Honey Mustard"
Then the usual I'm right, you're stupid comment comes "well you obviously don't know what your doing, I've always gotten Honey Mustard on my hot dog here"
Obviously aggrivated " Well when you find the Honey Mustard you let me know, You Have a great day"

I'm reminded of 1 simple fact when i go to work everyday. Customer Right (when obviously wrong) and the Gas Station Clerk is RETARDED. Even though i'm convinced that the IQ of a customer drops when they step foot in my store....

[quote name='Demolition Man']
1050893941_rserandal1.gif

I have pictured Gord as being more like Randal Graves. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I picture Gord like Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons.

[quote name='davo1224']The other night I made the mistake of picking up the phone about ten minutes before closing. We were shutting everything down. Some lady wanted us to stay open so she could get there. I told her that unfortunately we were closing but that we opened up early the next day. I told her that she still had 10 minutes to get in and that I could stay with her if she needed but that we couldn't let customers in AFTER 9. She told me that she needed me to stay open and that I should do whatever possible to make that happen. She went on some rant about how he she was returning her 3rd wireless router (which she couldn't pronounce) because Verizon tech support said it was the problem. I asked if I could help her over the phone and she declined because Verizon tech support already knew what they were talking about. (I have to concur that getting 3 defective routers in a row because some guy in India says so is very plausible and has nothing to do with the fact that they're both probably totally lost as to what to do) She told me that it took 20 minutes to get there (now with 5 minutes left) and that she was leaving and I should still be there. I apologized for the poor circumstances and at this point I pretty much told her to take a hike.

We have a mess of people every day asking us about a small battery, cordless phone battery, or power adapter that they need. Only problem is that they don't know anything about it nor did they even bother to bring it with them. What ensues is the most pointless 5-10 minutes of my life. "Well if you have it, I can probably guess which one it is." Yeah jackass. You're suddenly going to be the first one that breaks the cycle and actually knows what you're talking about. I swear that each employee probably wastes an hour total every week fielding these questions.[/quote]Hey davo, you in a Verizon store? I just came to an indirect agent store (4GW) about a month and half ago myself; it sorta sucks. Slow, boring, and our new manager isn't the best. I'm hopefully going to get a new job soon, but it's hard to find good work. At least I know alllll about cell phones now :roll:

Today sucked; had to call customer care for a customer that had bought a prepaid phone from WM and somehow it wasn't activating, and the phone comes with $10 and the customer had placed $30 on it. I simply take the phone, and dial *228 to activate it, and it gives me the same error the customer got, that I need to call CS. So I call and they told me somehow there were two numbers associated with the phone, one with $10 and one with the $30, and one had to go. The worst was that she kept accussing me of somehow messing it up, although I repeatedly told her that all I did was activate as a customer would; I never touched the computer (and I don't think I can even mess with a prepaid activation, but at any rate, I didn't do it). She went as far as to say that I wasn't trained properly. It was really frustrating to have CUSTOMER CARE tell me I'm an idiot and messed this up, when all she had to do was deactivate the line and add $10 to the $30 line (which she didn't and I don't see why); but the customer was just happy to get it activated.

BTW, does everyone see my name in the thread title or...

We close at 8:00 on Monday. It was 8:15, I was locking the door and walking to the car. A group of 3 come up to me and say they really need some items and can I open back up.

I was alone (I let the other person leave after her drawer was counted), and I was soon going to open up the store when they wanted to shop. They couldn't understand why I refused to go back and open up for them

Well I don't work at a Sonic fast food resturant (or anywhere for that matter) but my Dad and I saw some guy changing his pair of pants in one of the parking spots behind the sonic where everybody could see him. Is it normal for customers to change clothes before entering a store or resturant?

[quote name='VAD3R or Fro']Well I don't work at a Sonic fast food resturant (or anywhere for that matter) but my Dad and I saw some guy changing his pair of pants in one of the parking spots behind the sonic where everybody could see him. Is it normal for customers to change clothes before entering a store or resturant?[/quote]

Unlike where I live, it seems people want to look good in your town before walking into a fancy restaurant like Sonic. The only problem with our stores seems to be the people who don't understand what stores are for, and the occasional freak. I saw a guy dressed as a baby in Target. He had to be 300+ pounds. It was awful. Also saw a guy dressed as a gorilla in a tutu. These events were months apart.

[quote name='ohram']Unlike where I live, it seems people want to look good in your town before walking into a fancy restaurant like Sonic. The only problem with our stores seems to be the people who don't understand what stores are for, and the occasional freak. I saw a guy dressed as a baby in Target. He had to be 300+ pounds. It was awful. Also saw a guy dressed as a gorilla in a tutu. These events were months apart.[/QUOTE]

there's a guy here in Vancouver who dresses up in womens clothes. I've seen him twice in the Vancouver mall and three times in downtown Portland. Scary, especially since he is so not passable. It's like Gary Busey in drag. :cry:

I work for a huge ISP for technical support

We have people call all the time wondering why their internet isn't working when they are having a power outage.

---------------------------------------------
You've all heard the tech horror story of people using their cdrom drive as a cup holder right? Well one time I had a guy tell me that he just recently "UPGRADED HIS CUP HOLDER TO A DVD CUP HOLDER"

----------------------------------------------
Remembered another one

I didn't take the call, but I heard another agent say "Sir, I can't help you run a virus scan on your computer. IT'S ON FIRE"

I didn't even want to know

------------------------------------------------
A guy who called in saying someone was hacking him through his speakers. He already moved his new tv out of the living room so they couldn't hack him through that.

-----------------------------------------------
"Sir, we need to install the software for the internet service on the computer"
"How? My computer is not on"
"Go ahead and turn that on sir"
"NO"
"Please turn on your computer"
"No, it doesn't say in the instructions to turn on my computer, so I'm not going to"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

/facedesk

I had this one the other day, and it amazes me how selfish some people are.

I was walking away from my department to go to break, I had no tag on, nothing to indicate I was an employee besides that I had a collared shirt. A lady walks up to me and asks if I work there. I reply that I'm currently on break and she proceeds to say "Oh that's fine, do you know where such and such is?" I was shocked that she would be such a fool that I pointed her in just a general direction.

You should've said no. And of course she's not going to think asking a 3 second question is any hassle for you.

I don't work in retail anymore, but something amusing from when I worked in a college bookstore during buy back. It was my first hour at the register, when some snotty bitch tried to return a clicker (an IR remote for taking tests). It looked like it had been drop-kicked across a room then rolled in the dirt, and the box she returned it with looked like it had been run over a few times. Then she tried to tell me it was new. I look at her and then at the clicker and go, "I'm not even sure I can take this in this condition."

She then looks me up and down and proceeds to berate me in front of everyone and hold up the line. So the supervisor comes over, gives her what she wants so she'll go away, the clicker goes in the trash, and I get dirty looks from the supervisor for not just giving in to the spoiled twat.

[quote name='ohram']Unlike where I live, it seems people want to look good in your town before walking into a fancy restaurant like Sonic. The only problem with our stores seems to be the people who don't understand what stores are for, and the occasional freak. I saw a guy dressed as a baby in Target. He had to be 300+ pounds. It was awful. Also saw a guy dressed as a gorilla in a tutu. These events were months apart.[/quote]

I've gone to the mall in full medieval armor, and more than once as a pirate. Not on Halloween mind you.

[quote name='ohram']Unlike where I live, it seems people want to look good in your town before walking into a fancy restaurant like Sonic. The only problem with our stores seems to be the people who don't understand what stores are for, and the occasional freak. I saw a guy dressed as a baby in Target. He had to be 300+ pounds. It was awful. Also saw a guy dressed as a gorilla in a tutu. These events were months apart.[/quote]

When I was in college I got a robin holloween costume and then wore it to walmart with my roommates.....It was crazy, but the workers kept thanking me for living up their day.

P.S. Old Gord seemed like the random super jerk nerd that seems to show up at every lan party I go to. our local game store is being purchased by two guys that remind me of gord.....Pray for us!!! lol.

[quote name='Sinnbox']When I was in college I got a robin holloween costume and then wore it to walmart with my roommates.....It was crazy, but the workers kept thanking me for living up their day.

P.S. Old Gord seemed like the random super jerk nerd that seems to show up at every lan party I go to. our local game store is being purchased by two guys that remind me of gord.....Pray for us!!! lol.[/quote] That happened to my local game store too. There's this huge guy that's probably Gord's cousin or something. I used to go there for magic: the gathering tournaments, but he's so much of an asshole that it ruined the store.

Alright, so I'm at work in my Verizon store (just put my 2 weeks in btw), and in comes customers. Dad is an ass and mom sounds drunk, kid is alright. Of course eventually they see the unlimited calling plan we offer now for $100 (which is PER LINE) and start to get upset because they have "5000 minutes and pay about $150 a month for three lines".

I pull up the account and see it's a 1400 minute plan for $90+1 extra line, $10. Each phone has $5 insurance, add $15. One line has a text pack, add $20. So they are paying $135+ taxes for their 1400 family share, about $45 a line, not too bad I suppose (well, in contrast to other carriers; all cell service is way overpriced IMO, no matter who you go through).

I'm explaining this, the minutes and price, the mom seems fine (although slurry), and suddenly the dad says, "Well I just can't stand this service anymore, my phone won't hold a charge for more than 5 minutes!"

Look at the account, he's had the phone for THREE YEARS. I explain that phone batteries only last so long, so it's probably the battery; he can buy a new one for $40-$50, use his insurance to get a new refurb phone (for a $50 deductable), or set up a new contract for a brand new phone for nothing, maybe $50 w/ a $50 rebate. Guy flips out, doesn't want a contract, says our service sucks. It's his battery, I am 100% positive. I tried to tell him he can just buy a new battery, but he left angry.

I hate people. So glad I'm quitting.

I'm back with more life and tragedies.
Some stupid bitch comes in a says "I need you use your cell phone".
My friend and I sort of just look at each other and tell her she can use the stores landline phone.
"What, I can't use a regular phone, regular phones are lame."
So for some reason my friend lets her use his phone (no way was I handing my phone over to some stupid preteen chick), and she calls her mom and tells her mom to call her BACK on my friend's phone with some other number. My friend likes rap and such, so when his phone rang it was some sort of rap song, and she started BUSTING UP laughing, because apparently it was funny for a white guy to like rap. Then she wanted to go in the back area (where our phones and money are kept (obviously a no)). She was talking a million miles a minute and not making a lot of sense.
I think she was on some sort of drugs, but she's all of 15... I guess it's possible but geez, wtf.

I used to work at a deli on long island this past summer, needless to say nearly every customer was a douche. When we cut the first slice we're supposed to show the customer the thickness to see if its to their liking. Multiple times I have cut a slice showed the customer to which they replied "Thinner!" I just pretend to tweak the machine slightly cut another slice and show them again. You'd be SHOCKED at how many times people thought it was an excelent slice.

assholes.

[quote name='Presto88']I used to work at a deli on long island this past summer, needless to say nearly every customer was a douche. When we cut the first slice we're supposed to show the customer the thickness to see if its to their liking. Multiple times I have cut a slice showed the customer to which they replied "Thinner!" I just pretend to tweak the machine slightly cut another slice and show them again. You'd be SHOCKED at how many times people thought it was an excelent slice.

assholes.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA that's great. I could care less how thin or thick it gets sliced. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Kramer was like, I was slicing it so thin, I couldn't even see it.

[quote name='dmdragon']I work for a huge ISP for technical support

We have people call all the time wondering why their internet isn't working when they are having a power outage.

---------------------------------------------
You've all heard the tech horror story of people using their cdrom drive as a cup holder right? Well one time I had a guy tell me that he just recently "UPGRADED HIS CUP HOLDER TO A DVD CUP HOLDER"

----------------------------------------------
Remembered another one

I didn't take the call, but I heard another agent say "Sir, I can't help you run a virus scan on your computer. IT'S ON FIRE"

I didn't even want to know

------------------------------------------------
A guy who called in saying someone was hacking him through his speakers. He already moved his new tv out of the living room so they couldn't hack him through that.

-----------------------------------------------
"Sir, we need to install the software for the internet service on the computer"
"How? My computer is not on"
"Go ahead and turn that on sir"
"NO"
"Please turn on your computer"
"No, it doesn't say in the instructions to turn on my computer, so I'm not going to"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

/facedesk[/QUOTE]

People can't possibly be that du...no, they can.

Had a guy come in and ask for an iPod charger three way splitter. Exactly like that. Turns out he needed a three way cable splitter and an iPod wall charger. I tell him to follow me to the different items and every so often he'll stop and start looking at something. After about three stops in a small ass store I just said, "It's over there" and went about my business. He comes up to the counter and says, "You guys only have two and four way splitters." I told him to buy a four and one of the terminating clips. He ignores me because he's on his cell phone and walks out.

Some guy comes in and starts mumbling about how he needs an audio cable because his headphone jack only lets him hear out of one side of the headphones. I tell him that he should check with another pair of headphones first. He mumbles some other stuff. He asks me about the digital converter boxes. He asks how many more channels he can get. I say "it'll only help you get what you're getting now". He then tells me that it's a waste of money because he'll just use his antenna. Way to miss the whole point of them jackass.

Some guy comes in and asks me if his phone has been turned off for non-payment. I tell him that it has because the recording when trying to make a call says so. He asks me about the amount due. I can't check but call up as a favor. It's like a ludicrous amount too. He doesn't pay that bill because it's a company phone and instead opts to put money on a prepaid phone. He hasn't used the phone in a year so of course it's been deactivated. My manager, bored as hell, offers to reactivate it for him. I swear that this guy couldn't keep tabs on a pot of boiling water if he needed to.

A guy comes in and asks where the batteries are. I point him to the big spinning display. He obviously doesn't know what he's doing and buys the wrong one. He wants to exchange it without a receipt. It's fine since it's only $5 and he had just come in. I exchange it. The guy somehow drops the battery when he opens it. I give him another one and he leaves.

I'm sure there's more but keep in mind this all happened today.

[quote name='davo1224']He asks me about the digital converter boxes. He asks how many more channels he can get. I say "it'll only help you get what you're getting now". He then tells me that it's a waste of money because he'll just use his antenna. Way to miss the whole point of them jackass.
[/QUOTE]

I work at a tv station and we always run psa's about the change to digital and we get these same emails all of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back