Bay Area MGS4 Beta Key Locator.

MusicNoteLess

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Though I'd start a thread since I seem to be having trouble acquiring one.

As of today, no Beta keys or pre-order dvds are in yet @ the Gamestop in Sunnyvale, CA (Cherry Orchard) on El Camino Real.

Post your findings/updates here!

'The Berger' store in Oakland, CA does not seem to have the DVDs in yet, or it could be that they that don't even know about the DVDs in general :lol:... I want my DVD dammit! :D

Hey freaky, never noticed you were in the Bay Area.

I keep calling the Gamestop in Redwood City and every time they tell me to call back tomorrow. Today they said they expect them next week, but I'm gonna call again tomorrow anyway.

[quote name='metaly']Hey freaky, never noticed you were in the Bay Area.

[/quote]

Portola Valley is in the Bay Area? :whistle2:o lol, I didn't know that... Is it a small rural town or something? Where is it near? I'm assuming Redwood City, since that's where the GameStop you're refering to is at. :)

If I'm wrong... then I guess I'm just wrong! :dunce:

[quote name='VipFREAK']What's a beta key locator?

Go Sharks! :D[/quote]
It's just another one of these 'watch' threads where you post the location of where you do/don't see (insert what you're 'watching' for here).

The beta key is printed on an insert that's inside the preorder DVDs of Metal Gear Solid 4, called Metal Gear Saga, Vol.2.
I have Vol.1 still sealed, so you can understand why I NEED Vol.2. :D

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Portola Valley is in the Bay Area? :whistle2:o lol, I didn't know that... Is it a small rural town or something? Where is it near? I'm assuming Redwood City, since that's where the GameStop you're refering to is at. :)

If I'm wrong... then I guess I'm just wrong! :dunce:[/quote]

Yep... Kind of out of the way, south of Redwood City/Palo Alto/Menlo Park. Not exactly near Oakland, so I don't blame you.

[quote name='VipFREAK']What's a beta key locator?[/quote]

Sort of like a mine detector...

Today, I went to the San Leandro GameStop across from Safeway near International Blvd. and asked about the pre-oreder DVDs, and they say that they will receive their DVDs on Monday. Here's hoping that Bay Area CAGs can finally receive their DVDs on that day as well. :)

Been calling the Gamestop in San Francisco (Sloat blvd) all week, still no dvds. Hopefully they'll have them in tomorrow. This sucks because most Gamestops in other regions of the country seem to have them already...

Oh crap CounterSeal, we probably frequent the same gamestops!

Just a fyi, I got sick of the runaround from eb/gs and just went to GameCrazy instead. I went to the one in Daly City and apparently they had a bunch. I've never preordered from them and realize they are really strict. You have to put $10 down and you can't get a refund unless you return the Saga dvd (which must still be sealed).

Been calling the Gamestop in San Francisco (Sloat blvd) all week, still no dvds. Hopefully they'll have them in tomorrow. This sucks because most Gamestops in other regions of the country seem to have them already...

Oh crap CounterSeal, we probably frequent the same gamestops!

Just a fyi, I got sick of the runaround from eb/gs and just went to GameCrazy instead. I went to the one in Daly City and apparently they had a bunch. I've never preordered from them and realize they are really strict. You have to put $10 down and you can't get a refund unless you return the Saga dvd (which must still be sealed).

I guess I might be in the "Central Coast" but I have found Gamecrazy to have a ton more than Gamestop. I called 4 gamestops around me (Santa Cruz area) and they didn't have any or told that they're not supposed to give them out till the game came out. WTH?
The first Gamecrazy I call...BOOM "We have them", so I went over and got myself a preorder. :)

Sunnyvale Cherry Orchard still didn't have the keys in. I did check out Best buy down the street tho(El Camino). Sounds like they are going to get a couple of beta keys in tomorrow.

Just received my beta key from Sunnyvale GS. Looks like the GameCrazy on Story Rd. in San Jose looks like they might have some beta keys left.

Just picked mine up from the Gamestop in San Francisco. Saga 1, now Saga 2, my collection is complete! I just hope they fulfill the LE artbook pre-order bonus when I pick up the actual game at release...

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']Oh crap CounterSeal, we probably frequent the same gamestops!

Just a fyi, I got sick of the runaround from eb/gs and just went to GameCrazy instead. I went to the one in Daly City and apparently they had a bunch. I've never preordered from them and realize they are really strict. You have to put $10 down and you can't get a refund unless you return the Saga dvd (which must still be sealed).[/QUOTE]

Hah! I had no idea we had a GameCrazy around here until now. Sure enough it's right next to 280, I'm gonna have to check it out sometime.

[quote name='CounterSeal']Just picked mine up from the Gamestop in San Francisco. Saga 1, now Saga 2, my collection is complete! I just hope they fulfill the LE artbook pre-order bonus when I pick up the actual game at release...[/quote]

Oh man. All the relief I felt when I picked up my Saga DVD just went away when you reminded me about the artbook. They'd better not give mine away.

So you're in for the LE, too, huh? What are you telling yourself to justify the cost?

[quote name='KSHLove']excuse my noob question but what is the beta key?[/quote]

The MG Saga 2 DVD comes with a code that lets you download the Metal Gear Online beta from the PSN. I think it's scheduled to start on the 17th, and then it runs for a couple weeks (or until release, I'm not sure).

[quote name='metaly']
The MG Saga 2 DVD comes with a code that lets you download the Metal Gear Online beta from the PSN. I think it's scheduled to start on the 17th, and then it runs for a couple weeks (or until release, I'm not sure).[/quote]

How much are the DVDs going for? I'm VERY interested in MGS Online, I may have to hit up some stores now. Are they only available at GS and Gamecrazy locations?

Check eBay for prices if you're looking to buy it. Otherwise, if you pre-ordered MGS4 you should get the DVD for free. My GS had all DVDs labeled with names. So i don't think they had any extra for people that are just going to pre-order now.

[quote name='KSHLove']How much are the DVDs going for? I'm VERY interested in MGS Online, I may have to hit up some stores now. Are they only available at GS and Gamecrazy locations?[/quote]

They're free with a $5 preorder at Gamestop, although I don't know if they're reserving them for people who already put their order in. Actually, that's a lie -- they're definitely not reserving them. I just told the guy at GS I got a call and he handed me a DVD right away. But don't do anything shady. :)

I'll probably give my beta key away unless my friend really wants it.

i see. I wasn't interested in the DVDs to begin with, I only wanted the beta key. Guess I'll just wait until MGSO is released. But if anyone's not using their beta key please PM me :D

[quote name='metaly']So you're in for the LE, too, huh? What are you telling yourself to justify the cost?
[/QUOTE]

I have a $25 AMEX gift card left over from Christmas, so essentially I'm paying $59.99+tax for the LE of MGS4. That's how I think I should justify it at least =D

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Mont. View said they don't have any.[/quote]

Try the one in Redwood City. It looked like they had a lot left yesterday, plus I think the Mountain View GS gets a ton of customers. Supposedly the line was around the building for the very first Wii preorders, whereas Redwood City only had about 15 people.

San Rafael, CA EB/Gamestop had them in today. I didn't have a previous pre-order but they let me have a DVD if I pre-ordered today. Which I did :)

Capitola, CA Gamecrazy as of 4/6/08 were only giving out the DVD to customers who pre-ordered BEFORE the discs came in.

Picked mine up from Best Buy here in San Diego today... I know its not the Bay area but still maybe others have it now....

SKU is 8794708

Its the DVD with the beta info inside of the case.

bread's done
Back