The New New Urban Dead Cheap Ass Survivor Thread

The Crotch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
ALL CHEAP ASS SURVIVORS! WE ARE AT WAR! GET TO NORTH AND SOUTH BLYTHVILLE IMMEDIATELY! THE LIST OF ENEMY COMBATANTS CAN BE FOUND HERE.

What Is Urban Dead?|

Urban Dead is "a free-to-play browser-based multi-player game where you play the survivor or victim of a zombie outbreak in a quarantined city centre, alongside tens of thousands of others."

The game is very simple. You are given a 3x3 map showing all nearby buildings, plus text descriptions of your surroundings and your inventory. You navigate the city by clicking on individual buildings, and actions are performed by clicking on the pertinent buttons. All actions and movements take one (except for moving as a low-level zombie, which takes two) "Action Point" or "AP", regardless of whether it's shooting a flare into a zombie's head, putting a shell in your shotgun, or jumping from the roof of one building to another.

Who Are You?|

We are the Cheap Ass Survivors (also referred to as "The CAS" or "The Cheap Asses"). We're a pro-human group whose numbers currently hover around 40. At the moment, we're fighting a war against Team Zombie Hardcore in North and South Blythville. As of right now, our main allies are the BRRC, The Saints, and the Crossman Defense Force.

Who's In Charge, And How Does It Work?|

For the time being... I am. This is changing, however, as I can't handle all of the metagame responsibilities on my own. I'm taking volunteers for people who want to share the burden/responsibility/overwhelming power. Anyone who is active, moderately intelligent, doesn't start shit with other groups, and can regularly attend our IRC chats is eligible. Don't wait for me to ask - if you think you qualify, it is up to you to come and talk to me.

IRC? That's As Old As Crotch's Internet!|

Shut the fuck up, Donny. Yeah, we use IRC. If you have Firefox, just download the Chatzilla extension. For privacy reasons - and yes, we have to keep shit private - I can't mention the server or room as of right now. PM me for details. PLEASE BE THERE!

Okay, I'm In. WhaddoIdonow?"|
First off, add yourself to our Wiki (linked to above). Second, before you begin, read the Wiki pages on Classes, your First Day, and the Beginner's Guide. Then... I dunno, just ask around in this thread, PMs, or in the IRC chat to find out specific details on what's going on. I recommend you start as a firefighter, but privates, doctors (not medics) and NecroTechs are also viable options.

If you're interested in taking down other PKers (bounty hunting), you should show up in the chat as much as possible. If you're more interested in expanding human territory, you're on your own to collaborate with other CAS. It is vital that you team up with others when attempting to retake buildings. I suggest sending a PM to Chuckie - he knows what he's doing.

Rules|
Let's see... no PKing people who aren't our enemies. That's an obvious one. Our enemies are "any zombies or PKers who show themselves to be active in the area". As a general rule, the PKer clan "The Philosophe Knights" are considered a non-threat - they don't really bother you if you don't bother them.

No Zerging. That means only one character working with the CAS, and only one character - even characters on opposite sides of things - within ten squares (1 suburb) of each-other.

Don't talk about sensitive shit in the thread. Most clans have entire private forums. We have one public thread - hence the IRC and the many, many PMs I send out. Everything is treated with "For British Eyes Only" levels of secrecy.

Probably some other shit. Dunno. I'm fucking tired tonight. I shouldn't be doing this thread right now.

So Tired You're Not Even Finishing It?|
That's right. Some day, I'll add links to the various oh-so-unbelievably-helpful Firefox extensions and the Brainstock bounty hunter forums/Rogues Gallery bounty list. The CAS have killed plenty of PKers lately, and we generally claim bounties on the more prolific ones for teh braging rites. Also, I plan on making this thing look like... not ass.

Thread Hijacking! Thread Hijacking! Thread Reported!

Kidding, of course. Good to see the group's in good hands, since I'm obviously too busy shouting obscenities during my Grifball matches. :)

Good Luck Guys. I'll delete the other thread.

~HotShotX

Howdy all. Managed to get out of the mall just in time. I'm at a pretty good spot right now while I wait for my ap to reload. The place I'm at has no particular signifigance and it's EHB. The only action since I last logged in is various flares being shot and that's it.

Alright, what did I miss at Banana last night? What's the status? I got enough FAKs at a hospital so that I'll get enough XP to finally get the Shopping skill, so I won't need to travel from malls to hospitals and back now.

We've got a zombie in NE clapton. He's pretty low in HP, but i couldn't get him with the little ammo i had left. Axe swings did no good.

Are we at a unified position or is everyone kinda free floating yet? I'm about 5 blocks SW of BG at the moment. There doesnt seem to be much going on down here.

Leafy NT is ruined with 10 zombies inside, the NT just North of it is standing unpowered with 5 zeds inside.
I got lucky in the unpowered one and scored a DNA extractor and a single syringe.

Never used the NT skills before but am looking for a volunteer for my first revive.
I'm only at 8ap right now so it will have to be a little later on in the evening.

If you can move to me, making me use less ap walking it can come quicker.
Any interested zombies looking to rejoin the land o' the living contact me via pm or in the thread.

[quote name='fart_bubble']man, I really need to stock up on items[/quote]

Yeah me too. Those constant raids on bg have left me depleted of ammo and faks. All I have left is two shotguns (which I think I'll get rid of since my pistol skills are maxed), pistol, flare x 2, and radio x 3 .. which I think I might dump as well as I have no idea how to use radios or why I'd need to. Once I get my ap back I'm gonna make a run to a pd and get some ammo and then head to a hospital and hopefully have enough ap to swing back to my current hiding spot.

I'm out of ammo as well, had to resort to an axe/knife kill on my last zed.

With BG out of commission, a powered PD is the next option. Anyone seen one lately?

Closest is probably Holly Crescent Pd, i have no idea if it's powered though. Theres also Dampney Grove and Creedy Way.

I highly suggest that everyone gets away from The Banana Grabber ASAP! It is a compromised situation and will probably fall soon.

Just a thought about raiding police stations.

2 of them in West Grayside are next to compromised NT buildings. There is a fair chance that they're compromised, too.

IF they aren't ruined, it would be best not to stay there.

Regarding the Creedy PD, there are other PDs as close in suburbs that may not be as ruined as West Grayside.

Since the mall is hosed and there is a huge RRF presence, we're better off moving away to a better protected mall.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Just a thought about raiding police stations.

2 of them in West Grayside are next to compromised NT buildings. There is a fair chance that they're compromised, too.

[/quote]

I have been staying at the creedy way police station for a week, there is a large group of survivors here that seem to keep it well maintained, although there was a recent break in in which the generator was destroyed, and its now too heavily barricaded leave or enter without freeruning.

Milverton Place PD to the west may be a good choice. It's also just south of a hospital so we would have easy access to FAKs.

Damn, did I seriously forget to link to the game? I'll do it in a minute.

All you new people, shoot me a PM and add yourself to the Wiki. I'll get you the details you need.

Abandon clapton everyone, we have active zombies coming in. I'm fucking infected now.

• The Band Styx said "Hellooooooo, Clapton Stadium! (A massive power chord sounds from set of Marshall stacks) Last time we were here, we were the only living thing around. Not the best of times." (36 minutes ago)
  • The Band Styx said " Oh, mama, we were in fear for our lives. But not tonight! Tonight, we make good on our promise. WE. WILL. ROCK. CLAPTON. STADIUM! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_MWHpRpjtw" (35 minutes ago)
  • The Band Styx said "(As the song echoes throughout the arena, roadies hustle to throw free MALTON TOUR t-shirts to everyone in the crowd)" (33 minutes ago)
  • The Band Styx said "Gotta run. We're booked to play Buckley Mall tomorrow night. We leave you with this – enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8pdCWh0YjI" (32 minutes ago)
  • 26.70 MHz: "headless gunner (id=335089) is a pker last sighted @ Morrish" (15 minutes ago)
  • 26.70 MHz: "He is considered armed & dumb, having a tendency" (12 minutes ago)
  • 26.70 MHz: "to mistake NT facilities as malls" (11 minutes ago)
  • A zombie bit into you for 4 damage. (7 minutes ago)
  • The zombie's bite was infected! (You'll now take 1HP damage for every action you take, except speaking. Infection can be cured with a first aid kit.) (7 minutes ago)
  • 26.70 MHz: "In more important news, Bromley breached with 12 zeds, cades" (7 minutes ago)
  • 26.70 MHz: "11 Zeds in Bromley Auto Repair" (7 minutes ago)
  • A zombie destroyed the generator. (6 minutes ago)
  • 26.70 MHz: "currently light." (6 minutes ago)
  • A zombie killed Howisyourmom1. (5 minutes ago)
  • 26.70 MHz: "... and the bodies keep droppin'" (5 minutes ago)

Yeah, I just got bit by an infected zed. Killed his ass and I have no FAKs left. I'm going to make a run and try to find one...

EDIT: Lost half of my health, but made found a FAK. (Hi Mak...)

Now, time to decide what 3 skills to buy...

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Yeah, I just got bit by an infected zed. Killed his ass and I have no FAKs left. I'm going to make a run and try to find one...

EDIT: Lost half of my health, but made found a FAK. (Hi Mak...)

Now, time to decide what 3 skills to buy...[/quote]

:wave:

Were you in the hospital with me?

Moved to the new location without issue, RNG is craptastic today as many searches are turning up empty.

But at least I'm not dead! Grabbed another syringe as well, so I'm now a backup reviver for next time.

OK, here is an interesting question. My alt was sitting in an EHB NT building. While I was away, 2 zeds broke into the NT and began gesturing to themselves, then to those of us inside, all the time saying "Mrh?" My first inclination was to blast them the hell out of the place, but then I began to think about it.

They hadn't attacked anyone inside and they had been in the building for hours. The building's doors were secured to the street so I assume one of the other humans in the NT building closed them. I scanned one of the zeds and he was brain rotted. Then I remembered that the only way to revive a brain rotted zed is in a powered NT building.

They obviously want revives, but I'm not sure if it is because they are tired of being zeds or if there are more nefarious purposes behind it. What would you do?

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']OK, here is an interesting question. My alt was sitting in an EHB NT building. While I was away, 2 zeds broke into the NT and began gesturing to themselves, then to those of us inside, all the time saying "Mrh?" My first inclination was to blast them the hell out of the place, but then I began to think about it.

They hadn't attacked anyone inside and they had been in the building for hours. The building's doors were secured to the street so I assume one of the other humans in the NT building closed them. I scanned one of the zeds and he was brain rotted. Then I remembered that the only way to revive a brain rotted zed is in a powered NT building.

They obviously want revives, but I'm not sure if it is because they are tired of being zeds or if there are more nefarious purposes behind it. What would you do?[/quote]

1. Barricade the building.

2. Check their group affiliation and the rogues' gallery.

3. If they're part of a PKer or zombie group, show them the door with bullets and axes.

4. If they're normal players, revive the person with the most helpful attributes first.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']1. Barricade the building.

2. Check their group affiliation and the rogues' gallery.

3. If they're part of a PKer or zombie group, show them the door with bullets and axes.

4. If they're normal players, revive the person with the most helpful attributes first.[/quote]

I just logged back in and I was killed by a zombie, though not the zombie that was asking for a revive.

[quote name='option.iv']arthur, pm me your locale and I'll revive you.[/quote]

Actually it was my alt that was killed. Arthur is alive and well in Chocolate Starfish. Yes, I just made that codename up.

Hi radio, we tend to not mention locations that we have just moved to with such specifics.
I believe that Arthur has just coined the location Chocolate Starfish, or CS.

We had some issue with PKing in our early days because of this thread, hence the paranioa.
A simple post edit will keep you in our good graces, how did you come to this location anyway?

All that aside, welcome to the CAS, please make sure you list CAS as your group and feel free to add yourself to the wiki:
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Cheap_Ass_Survivors

Sounds good Sean, again welcome radio.

EDIT: I am stocked, locked, and ready to roll.
Combat, healing, reviving, repairing, refueling, you name it.
If anyone spots the need for an action let me know.

Can't do it Sean, as I've mentioned at least 2 or 3 times before (to be fair, maybe before you joined).

I use / play UD on a PC owned by a local government agency.
Installing progams and/or applications for them (even simple things like IRC extensions) is forbidden.
For this reason, I can't use things like the UD extensions or even alternate browsers to surf.
Consequently, I play UD old school with no applications in good ol' internet explorer.

Sorry for the lack of IRC but this hasn't been a problem with the group as PMs can and are used for important info.

EDIT: Uh yeah, what Crotch just said.
Thanks for the assist!:applause:

bread's done
Back