- - - - -

Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 Bundles

#1 af7lm   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:57 PM

Has anyone been able to find any place that is preordering the MGS4 PS3 bundle yet? I'm totally preordering when I find one. Thanks.

#2 iNCREDiPiNOY   This guy is awesome! CAGiversary!   9061 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

iNCREDiPiNOY

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:03 PM

Gamecrazy

#3 Poor2More   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4008 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:18 PM

This 80GB bundle, does the system have the gun metal finish(like the japonKnees system) and is it backwards compatible with ps2 games?

#4 the_punisher   Dare enter the metro. CAGiversary!   3373 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

the_punisher

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

This 80GB bundle, does the system have the gun metal finish(like the japonKnees system) and is it backwards compatible with ps2 games?

Almost 100% compatible, but not perfect. All major games shouldn't be affected, so i wouldn't make it a deal breaker.

#5 af7lm   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

This about all I know from Kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/36...undle-announced

Hence my inquiry.

#6 bossman   Like a Boss CAGiversary!   540 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:43 AM

You can sign up on Amazon to be notified when it becomes available.
http://www.amazon.co...07701714&sr=8-1

EDIT: This is available for pre-order on Frys.com and Buy.com

http://shop3.outpost...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

http://www.buy.com/p.../207932546.html

#7 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:20 AM

My GS kept telling me April 15 would be the first day for reservations.

Apparently not. <_<

#8 af7lm   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:38 AM

doh..

#9 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

Oh, it gets worse. GS is not taking ANY preorders at all now on the system bundle. I called six different EB/GS/Planet X(?) stores across the U.S. to confirm, and they all had the same story: First come, first served.

#10 JackAttack1717   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

JackAttack1717

Posted 26 April 2008 - 01:41 AM

do you guys think this is gonna sell out real fast? like do you think i could find one a month after it comes out?

#11 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:12 PM

I would say start saving now and get it first day-- you've got two months to do it. Just cut down on your other vices until then.

#12 DV_oZ   u/DV_oZ CAGiversary!   2935 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:15 PM

what are the chances of a sealed mgs4 bundle increasing in value? (my guess is pretty high lol)

#13 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37487 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:32 PM

GameCrazy shut down preorders last weekend, hope you got yours in.

#14 Arakias   Inferior Potassium CAGiversary!   3630 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:40 PM

There is supposed to be a gunmetal version in the US but its very limited edition. The Japanese one was also I believe.

#15 bryenfury   CAG Junkie CAGiversary!   2898 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:42 PM

is the Snake picture a part of the ps3?

#16 mrlokievil   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   196 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

mrlokievil

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

The only bundles they have been taking reserves for are the normal 80 gig bundle that they are doing. Konami hasn't announced anything about the gunmetal limited edition yet. All they have said is it will be very rare.

#17 rpepper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   396 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:37 PM

It does not have the gun metal finish. It's a plain jane 80GB model. The gun metal is 40GB (I think) and is only available separately.

#18 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:51 PM

what are the chances of a sealed mgs4 bundle increasing in value? (my guess is pretty high lol)

If by "sealed" you mean "that flimsy clear sticker they put over the top of the box that can be easily removed and re-adhered without anyone knowing the box has been opened", I would say low. This is a golden chance for Sony to recapture the market they're still sitting in third place for consoles, so I expect the regular box to be quite abundant.

is the Snake picture a part of the ps3?

No. That's simply for presentation, a mere reflection.

The gun metal is 40GB (I think) and is only available separately.

They have not officially announced the memory capacity of the gunmetal yet, only that it has the same finish, will come with a Dualshock 3 and contain the game as well.

#19 JetTone   Life CAGiversary!   2759 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:57 PM

The PS3 metal gear bundle will probably not be rare, but I would save up if I was looking for a BC PS3 since it could probably sale out or it might be the new bundle for Sony to have this year. The gunmetal PS3 is the one that will be very rare and nothing has really been confirmed about it, where it will be available if it includes the game or what size the hdd is, so we'll all have to wait to find out. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

#20 RenoTurk11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   352 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

RenoTurk11

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:44 AM

I plan on getting the MGS4 Bundle when it comes out. I've read it is coming out in June.

I just hope that this bundle is going to be well stocked. I don't want to miss out (I don't care about the rare one, lol).

I am glad I waited to buy one though. 80 gig PS3, MSG4 and one of those new controllers is a nice deal for 499.99

#21 rpepper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   396 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:38 PM

They have not officially announced the memory capacity of the gunmetal yet, only that it has the same finish, will come with a Dualshock 3 and contain the game as well.

The Japanese one is 40GB. I guess I had not seen anything on the US confirming it and must have been thinking that when I wrote that. (Hence the "I think" to point that I was unsure in my statement.)

#22 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:15 PM

The Japanese one is 40GB. I guess I had not seen anything on the US confirming it and must have been thinking that when I wrote that. (Hence the "I think" to point that I was unsure in my statement.)

I understood what you meant when you said "I think"-- I'm just saying that I've seen dozens of "reports" that it will be 40 gig-- all of which were bloggers, not real journalists who didn't properly lay the facts out. I'm not a fan of people who report things without source material.

Frankly, if they actually did keep it as a 40 gig and charge $400 vs. the $500 80 gig regular, I still believe the 80 gig to be a far superior value. Double the memory, backwards emulation, $100 less (more if you count the game and DS3 being included)... I can always get a skin to suit my needs versus being lopped off at the knees for value and a dull finish.

#23 TahoeMax   Tastes good with milk CAGiversary!   1762 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:38 PM

But the resale value of the gunmetal edition, assuming it's as limited as they say, should be MORE than enough to cover a different bundle.

#24 bizarro13  

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:39 PM

In the latest EGM, Quarterman has a rumor saying that these will be extremely rare and that if you hadn't preordered, you might be SOL.

I'd take that with a grain of salt and consider that some hype to get people worked up about preordering it right now. Is there anyone else even taking preorders on bundles yet besides GC?

#25 bryenfury   CAG Junkie CAGiversary!   2898 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:12 PM

that would be a cool skin :).

#26 rpepper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   396 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:07 PM

I understood what you meant when you said "I think"-- I'm just saying that I've seen dozens of "reports" that it will be 40 gig-- all of which were bloggers, not real journalists who didn't properly lay the facts out. I'm not a fan of people who report things without source material.

Frankly, if they actually did keep it as a 40 gig and charge $400 vs. the $500 80 gig regular, I still believe the 80 gig to be a far superior value. Double the memory, backwards emulation, $100 less (more if you count the game and DS3 being included)... I can always get a skin to suit my needs versus being lopped off at the knees for value and a dull finish.

Sorry Watch...I just read my reply over and that last part came off as a defensive/snarky comment. I did not mean it that way. I was just trying to say I wasn't sure! :)

#27 DAWG26   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2300 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:59 PM

Went by my local Gamestop today. Still not takeing pre-orders.

#28 K_G   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1027 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:31 AM

When this was announced, I got the impression that (the black 80 GB, not the gunmetal one) wasn't going to all that 'limited'...ie, as limited in the sense as the Motorstorm bundle was....That they would only make it for a certain amount of time but that they would pump out a raft load of them during that period of time.

However, that said, for folks looking holding out for MGS4 before buying a PS3, this bundle will be the ideal choice (ie, getting bigger hard drive and BC for effectively $40 more than 40 GB model, once you factor in the price of MGS4 in the package) for them and will likely be quite popular.

Sony is looking at MGS4 as a huge system seller, so I wouldn't think they would be skimpy on their production numbers for the 80 GB model.

#29 Inf^Shini   is Han Cholo CAGiversary!   6741 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:56 AM

I'm still confused as to whether or not we are getting a gunmetal edition, has this been confirmed anywhere or is there another thread dedicated to this kind of discussion already?

I'd assume there already is...

#30 JetTone   Life CAGiversary!   2759 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:10 AM

I'm still confused as to whether or not we are getting a gunmetal edition, has this been confirmed anywhere or is there another thread dedicated to this kind of discussion already?

I'd assume there already is...

The gunmetal PS3 was announce in the offical Sony PS3 blog. http://blog.us.plays...tails-revealed/

But other than that nothing has been confirmed, as to where it will be sold or how limited it will be or anything else like what it'll come with or how big the hdd is.

I doubt that EGM rumor, nobody is even taking preorders on this system as far as I know, maybe gamecrazy but not EB/GS or Amazon. Hopefully everybody who wants one will be able to get one.