OBJECTION! New Ace Attorney game! Play as... EDGEWORTH!

naes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
Perfect Prosecutor (DS/Capcom/??)
* A law adventure game where you act as the prosecutor.
* Main characters are Miles Edgeworth, Dick Gumshoe
* You control Edgeworth, searching for overlooked evidence and inconsistencies at the crime scene.
* New search and deduction systems are introduced.

Oh hell yes! I wonder if Phoenix is in it.

Gee, I hope we find out Kristoph is a hugely corrupt asshole.

I HOPE.

I am very glad to see the return of Gumshoe. He was the only real thing missing from the last one.

Except for awesome cleavage, I guess.

They should make a Ace Attorney game where you can choose who you play as and go from there. Maybe they're saving that idea for a Wii version though and they'll start making Red/Blue/Gold/Silver/Mustard/Cranberry versions of AA games.

Oh yeah.

Naes, you fail for not using OBJECTION! in the thread title.

Horrible, horrible failure. Huge penalty from Herr Judge.

phoenixohshitxf5.gif

I still haven't finished JFA, then I have T&T, then I have to buy Apollo Justice! Argh!

I'm really kinda "meh" to Apollo Justice right now. The characters are just kinda okay (only midway through the third case, FWIW), I still react "who the hell is that guy?" when I see Apollo standing where I still picture Phoenix, and the cases are decent. I hear it all comes together in the end, but it may be too little, too late. It's turning out to be my least favorite of the series thus far (which is a shame considering how fantastic Trials and Tribulations was).

This, a return to the original characters, should be awesome. I fuckin' adore this series so much; I think it's my favorite series in the past several console iterations.

It should be interesting to see which time period they set this game in (Between AA1 and AA2? Between 2 and 3? 3 and 4? Or skip through the different time periods?). Also of note is the post in the NeoGAF topic that contains the following quote:
A project named New Gyakuten Not Saiban (NEW逆転 NOT裁判? "NEW Turnabout, NOT Trial") is slated for release on April 20, 2008. Information on exactly what the project is has not been revealed.
Wonder if that means that the trial proceedings will have a lesser role this time? Then again, it probably just means that this will be a spin-off series.

Sounds fun. I like Edgeworth, and I'll definitely get this game when it comes out. Hopefully a few other Phoenix Wright characters will appear other then Gumshoe, but even if it's only Gumshoe I wont mind because we'll be getting a constant stream of Gumshoe insults from Edgeworth. :D

[quote name='Scorch']
phoenixohshitxf5.gif

I still haven't finished JFA, then I have T&T, then I have to buy Apollo Justice! Argh![/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat... JFA wasn't as good as the original for me but I'll play T&T just to finish the story but don't really have a desire to play Apollo Justice.

But seems like this one will be a refreshing addition to the series being on the other side of the court. I wonder how they'll handle the humor though as Edgeworth is all business.

Cooooool. I STILL haven't beat the first one. I'm on the Miles trial, actually.

And I hear the fifth case is the best.

Scans have been posted. It looks like it departs from the traditional style, as the screenshots show an interface similar to a point-and-click adventure game. No screens of any trial sequences, making me wonder if what I said before is true (They'll play a lesser role in the game, if there are any at all).

http://www.m6789.com/img/iup590202.jpg
http://www.m6789.com/img/iup590204.jpg

EDIT: Also, interestingly enough, the official Japanese name for this is game, according to the scans, is Gyakuten Kenji (Turnabout Prosecutor).

[quote name='coltyhuxx']And I hear the fifth case is the best.[/quote]

Turnabout Samurai was my favorite. Most everyone preferred the 5th case because it had DS specific features, but Samurai had the best formula of storyline+logic=conclusion-confusion.

[quote name='Cao Cao']Scans have been posted. It looks like it departs from the traditional style, as the screenshots show an interface similar to a point-and-click adventure game. No screens of any trial sequences, making me wonder if what I said before is true (They'll play a lesser role in the game, if there are any at all).

http://www.m6789.com/img/iup590202.jpg
http://www.m6789.com/img/iup590204.jpg

EDIT: Also, interestingly enough, the official Japanese name for this is game, according to the scans, is Gyakuten Kenji (Turnabout Prosecutor).[/quote]
Probably based more on the investigation phase, basically the mysterious work that Edgey does before and during every case that puts Phoenix on his ass.

Wow... what news. And looking at the scans, it's not first-person view in the investigation phase. Interesting.

Edgey is awesome, so I'll likely be picking this one up once it comes out in English.

Loved the first, and have progressively burned out on the following games. They always seem to go on to long or have too thin a story to keep me interested, or I have to listen to Lamiroir again.

But, if this game moves more into a direction of an adventure game, that might get my interest again.

[quote name='Vinny']
But seems like this one will be a refreshing addition to the series being on the other side of the court. I wonder how they'll handle the humor though as Edgeworth is all business.[/quote]

Remember he's paired up with Dick Gumshoe.

This sounds like a really great way to extend the series. Kind of obvious in retrospect, but I hadn't thought of it.

[quote name='Strell']Oh yeah.

Naes, you fail for not using OBJECTION! in the thread title.

Horrible, horrible failure. Huge penalty from Herr Judge.[/quote]
I am a horrible failure :cry:

Hopefully, the new thread title will remedy it a bit.

Look at those running animation frames. He looks like a better dressed Little Mac.

We need a game where Edgeworth beats up ninjas and rescues the president and then goes out for a burger.

oh man... the adventures of Edgeworth an Gumshoe...

I can totally imagine how it would be like...

imagine...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vNAKuBXZ1U[/media]

Ew, I don't like the new art style.

I'm still looking foward to the game despite the art style. Edgeworth + Gumshoe = Genius

What's the third? I only remember when Mia defended him in Trials & Tribulations, and the first case in Apollo Justice with the murdered poker player.

[quote name='whitereflection']What's the third? I only remember when Mia defended him in Trials & Tribulations, and the first case in Apollo Justice with the murdered poker player.[/QUOTE]

He's saying this new one would be the third.

Technically there's also
The part in Case 2 of the original game where Redd White gets Phoenix arrested and he defends himself

I'm pretty sure that the humor will come out of Edgeworth being a straight forward man while Gumshoe is a naive idiot.

However, I look very forward to this. I wonder when it's going to take place (between T&T and AJ? During AJ? After AJ? Before PW:AA? Between all 3 of the PW arc?)

[quote name='DarkKnightCecil']I'm pretty sure that the humor will come out of Edgeworth being a straight forward man while Gumshoe is a naive idiot.[/QUOTE]

That's not much different from Phoenix and Maya. Just swap out the burgers for instant noodles.

[quote name='blueshinra']That's not much different from Phoenix and Maya. Just swap out the burgers for instant noodles.[/quote]

Exactly, or Apollo and Trucy. It uses the same type of humor in all the games with the two main characters.

Well, this inspired me to finally give the series a chance. Given that it's gone on this long, I guess it has to be pretty good. I added Pheonix 1 to my goozex requests and it's on its way to me soon.

Yeah, this is pretty much the best idea ever. At this point, I think I'd much rather play this game than AA5. Not that AA5 would be bad of course, and I know I'll buy it when they make it(which we all know Capcom will). But Edgeworth & Gumshoe are pretty much the two best side characters.

^ I'm only on the third case, but I'm liking Apollo Justice. I don't know what happens later in the game, but I would like to see more characters from the previous games.

Can't wait for Perfect Prosecutor. Pretty awesome how it looks like Capcom is effectively reviving the old Sierra-style adventure game.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Does this mean they're abandoning Apollo Justice?

...am I the only person that enjoyed all of the new characters in Apollo Justice?[/QUOTE]

The characters are ok MUNCH but I can't shake the MUNCH feeling that they didn't MUNCH do a very good job making the gameplayer MUNCH identify with Apollo as a separate person from MUNCH Phoenix.

Trucy and the Gramarye dude are good (I'm through 3 of 4 cases, so I'm not fully informed).

The worst thing isn't how stale the gameplay is, but how much handholding the game does for you. It's very much a digital novel in the court scenes, with not a lot of variation except for "choose the 1 right piece of evidence, or don't" repeated over and over again. I'd like to see much harder and varied gameplay, where you can catastrophically fuck things up earlier and ruin your case by overlooking things or failing to press this statement (rather than repeating the same testimony ad infinitum until you select the right evidence).

If this game helps move the series in a direction that makes the game more difficult, or has more consequences for overlooking evidence, then I'm all for it.

[quote name='mykevermin']The characters are ok MUNCH but I can't shake the MUNCH feeling that they didn't MUNCH do a very good job making the gameplayer MUNCH identify with Apollo as a separate person from MUNCH Phoenix.
[/quote]

"She snackoo'd me." My favoritest line from AJ; 2nd favorite in all of AA.

So, a game where you play as Edgey? Sounds like fun. I did rather like, in T&T Case 5,
that you played as Edgey, even if still as defense. I like his "Take That!" just as much as Feenie's.

I have to agree with some of y'all...I was somewhat let down by AA.
I barely did anything in the last case against Kristoph; it was mostly dialogue. And then picking your own verdict at the end? I mean, really, after all the work we put into our defense, we're gonna' pick "Guilty"? *sighs*

When I think about it, this kinda' mimics legal TV shows. Mostly, we only see things from a defense attorney's perspective (i.e. Justice, Canterbury's Law, Eli Stone, et al.) Then comes a show like "Shark", which is from the prosecution's point of view. It's all about parity, I suppose.:applause:

bread's done
Back