Buy Rite Games or Lying, Money Grubbing Backstabbers?

loserboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I will let you be the judge. Three weeks ago I ordered 4 Disgaea guides from the buyrite games website. They had a list price of only $11.99 and in spite of buyrites shipping charges which border on the sacreligious, it was still a great opportunity. I figured I'd sell one on ebay to make back what I paid for all of them and then offer two up in trade on CAG. I had never dealt with buy rite before, and of course I never will again.

I received an order number, but never received a confirmation e-mail. I waited and finally a week later I gave them a call and said I had placed an order and hadn't even received a confirmation e-mail. I gave them my name and the rather rude woman on the other end ofthe phone looked up my order.

Your order for the Disgaea guide was canceled. We don't have them in stock. Okay, that's believable. It is a hard to find item. Then why in the name of Sweet Peter Brown did the price of the guide change to $19.99 two days after my phone call? Why is it still listed on the website? And why did they hike the price of the game itself, which had been $39.99 for months to over $50.00?

Perhaps it is a simple misunderstanding, or perhaps they are lying insane backstabbers. Oh well a 2nd edition is on the way from Doublejump books , hopefully buyrite will get stuck with dozens of out of date books.

That sucks good find though to bad it didn't pan out. I've been looking to get my hands on a copy of disgaea strat guide but ebay its just horrible. Not going to spend 50.00 on a strat guide rather buy another copy of Disgaea for that. Still hope springs eternal might find some schmoo selling it low at buy me now price... at least one can dream.

r1s3n

Just be happy they cancelled your order so you don't have to deal with them...

http://www.boycottbuyritegames.com/

I know a few people who got burnt by them, and one of them forwarded me this website some time ago.

Hell, they also got kicked off of ebay fo having 200+ negative feedbacks.

Well, the whole experience was kind of..."icky" for lack of a better word. It's pretty obvious what runs the bottom line at buyrite...

Go read some stuff on the link I provided, especially the message boards where people post their own stories. :)

I dealt with Buy-Rite years ago when I bought a Japanese Dreamcast with several games. I think I spent around $700 'pre-ordering' the system and games. After launch, it took like 3 months to get my order with dozens of phone calls and emails. I wanted to cancel my order, but they wanted to charge me a restocking fee for items they obviously didn't have in stock anyway. They are TRUE scam artists and should be avoided.

I can't believe people still order from Buy Rite. I imagined everyone would know about them by now.

Buy Rite is awful. They don't have good deals as they continuously state. Shipping costs are horrendous.
Stay away

Yeah... only order from buyrite if you know they have it in stock and would like to save 2$ in return for the hassle. Otherwise, I've been ordering from NCSX for years (since the saturn fighting game days) and they've given me nothing but outstanding service.

http://www.ncsx.com

[quote name='loserboy']I will let you be the judge. Three weeks ago I ordered 4 Disgaea guides from the buyrite games website. They had a list price of only $11.99 and in spite of buyrites shipping charges which border on the sacreligious, it was still a great opportunity. I figured I'd sell one on ebay to make back what I paid for all of them and then offer two up in trade on CAG. I had never dealt with buy rite before, and of course I never will again.[/quote]

All I can say is Buy Rite = lying, cheating, money-grubbing backstabbers. Your biggest mistake is dealing with them at all. It's like buying something off eBay from someone with 30% positive feedback. The prices are very tempting, but consider that you have a very large chance of being swindled.

www.boycottbuyritegames.com

I heard a lot of bad things about buy rite too, but a few years ago I could not find Capcom Saturn Ram from anywhere but them. And it was actually a pretty cheap priced compared to 3rd party ram. Anyways I was one of the rare cases I guess that got a good clean order from them.

I have also heard bad things about Buyrite. I heard of people being charge for merchandise that they never get and their customer service is the pitts.

Bottom line is... purchase from BuyRite at your own risk. They have scammed fellow gamers by the hundreds.

Unless you are buying from a reputable source always assume that if prices are too good across the board, they are indeed too good to be true.

I've heard a lot of bad things about Buyrite - but I've had one perfectly (and profitable) purchase.

I knew the risk and took it - based on EVERY bad thing I've ever heard on BRG, I wouldn't suggest them to anyone.

Unless I hated them.

bread's done
Back