CAG GTAIV Night: Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel[ 9/2 @ 10pm EST ]

bornrunnin31

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I think the pictures speak for themselves.

gta4deadguy.png

gta_anniversary.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Like most online games it'll get it's own thread closer to the release date. Mana or some of the other big guns will create it when the time comes.

Ok, great. I'd expect Mana to set one up. I was just curious since all that new multiplayer news for gta just came out...

Yeah it looks like TMK has some sort of Rockstar boycott going on, and although I am sure he will create the thread, he wont be hosting GTA4 nights. I am sure we will have no shortage of CAG members stepping up and hosting. I know SB and I have volunteered.

As log as someone does it, but before it gets all set up could we sort of talk about what day/time it would be, closer to release. 'Cause I wold like to get in on it, but if its a a time I can't do it, that'll suck.

[quote name='smiggity']Well, If I host it will probably be during the week[/quote]

what days are open, if you didn't want to conflict with the other cag nights?

Yeah, mana will setup the official time etc. But just like COD I'm sure we'll all be playing a bit during the week etc.

Plus remember, Wipeout HD and Haze come out in May so there will be tons of Multiplayer goodness going around.

Well, let me just say, I will not start the thread and will I have anything to do with GTA IV night. The only thing I may decide is which day of the week it will be on.

Let's just say I really dislike GTA type games and really not a fan with the way RockStar takes their games (too much swearing, violence, and other things I'm against).

Well, I'm honestly not sure if GTA IV how well at CAG PSN. The main reasons is (sorry if I'm bragging a little) if I choose to buy a game and support it in some way online (such as Hot Shots Golf: OoB, Warhawk, CoD4, etc.), it will usually do well (since I tend to push it, try to get people to play, and so on). If I choose to not buy a game or really support it for some reason (UT3, Vegas 2, The Orange Box, etc.), it usually doesn't do too great here (Don't know why, but that has been the case). I will buy games like GT5P, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Socom Confrontation, MGO, Wipeout HD, MotorStorm 2, etc., so they should all do well. If anyone remembers, CoD4 wasn't exactly organized until I took it over fully (same with Warhawk in ways), and plus I know most everyone in the CAG PS3 forum well (I'm kind of like a leader). If a DDR comes to PS3 with online play, you better bet there will be CAG games heavily pushed by me.

I think Triple X (bournrunnin31) said he might want to handle GTA IV online thread, which is fine by me. The most I will do is insert its night into the main CAG PSN schedule (along with linking to the thread) and that's all.

I respect your view on GTAIV, but i feel that a lot of people here on cag are really looking forward to GTAIV. And I must admit, you do seem to get the cag nights going, but I feel like its inevitable that GTAIV will become pretty big on cag. So I'm sure someone will handle it...

Well in that case, either I, Smiggity or Bornrunnin31 can start the thread ..... (or anyone else who'll be playing regularly and posts regularly)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, let me just say, I will not start the thread and will I have anything to do with GTA IV night. The only thing I may decide is which day of the week it will be on.

Let's just say I really dislike GTA type games and really not a fan with the way RockStar takes their games (too much swearing, violence, and other things I'm against).

Well, I'm honestly not sure if GTA IV how well at CAG PSN. The main reasons is (sorry if I'm bragging a little) if I choose to buy a game and support it in some way online (such as Hot Shots Golf: OoB, Warhawk, CoD4, etc.), it will usually do well (since I tend to push it, try to get people to play, and so on). If I choose to not buy a game or really support it for some reason (UT3, Vegas 2, The Orange Box, etc.), it usually doesn't do too great here (Don't know why, but that has been the case). I will buy games like GT5P, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Socom Confrontation, MGO, Wipeout HD, MotorStorm 2, etc., so they should all do well. If anyone remembers, CoD4 wasn't exactly organized until I took it over fully (same with Warhawk in ways), and plus I know most everyone in the CAG PS3 forum well (I'm kind of like a leader). If a DDR comes to PS3 with online play, you better bet there will be CAG games heavily pushed by me.

I think Triple X (bournrunnin31) said he might want to handle GTA IV online thread, which is fine by me. The most I will do is insert its night into the main CAG PSN schedule (along with linking to the thread) and that's all.[/quote]

e-hard you should be The Mana 'Nostradamus'

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Yeah, mana will setup the official time etc. But just like COD I'm sure we'll all be playing a bit during the week etc.

Plus remember, Wipeout HD and Haze come out in May so there will be tons of Multiplayer goodness going around.[/quote]

what about Quake Wars?! That's coming out in May supposively according to the IGN release list.

Well I sure hope somebody runs it cuz now that the details are out I am excited about the multiplayer in this game.

Mana Knight, I understand your qualms with supporting a game you disagree with but IMO a game like COD4 that perpetuates stereotypes is far more damaging overall than a game like GTA4 which skewers stereotypes more than glorfying them. Honestly I have always thought Rockstar was quite witty with the depth of their social commentary, especially in the mock advertising, radio, etc. Again however I will say I can totally understand your opinion because obviously there is outageous content in the game but if you are willing to voice those concerns about this game, you should take a closer look at other games and the influence put forth by them.

for the record I'm not putting down COD4 as a game, nor would I not support it, I am merely using it as an example.

[quote name='metrognome']Well I sure hope somebody runs it cuz now that the details are out I am excited about the multiplayer in this game.

Mana Knight, I understand your qualms with supporting a game you disagree with but IMO a game like COD4 that perpetuates stereotypes is far more damaging overall than a game like GTA4 which skewers stereotypes more than glorfying them. Honestly I have always thought Rockstar was quite witty with the depth of their social commentary, especially in the mock advertising, radio, etc. Again however I will say I can totally understand your opinion because obviously there is outageous content in the game but if you are willing to voice those concerns about this game, you should take a closer look at other games and the influence put forth by them.

for the record I'm not putting down COD4 as a game, nor would I not support it, I am merely using it as an example.[/QUOTE]Let's just say too much swearing (one thing I do get highly offended by, which is one reason I just can't get myself to play Yakuza) and the concept of actually committing crimes is just something I do not support (to an extent I am a bit religious), but that's another story.

Anyway, from what I can say, GTA IV cannot have the Friday night slot (from 10pm EST on), Saturday at 9pm-11pm slot), whatever the Tekken 5: DR Online slot is (usually at 9pm PST on Saturday or Sunday), and on Wednesday (which I think I'll leave Hot Shots Golf on unless I change it).

If there is anyday of the week I'd like to see GTA on, it would be Saturday before CoD4, Sunday, or Monday. We really need games to fill that time slot. I'm considering putting GT5P and Wipeout HD on Tuesday and/or Thursday, but may be willing to let GTA IV use Thursday. I also gotta talk with the Rock Band folks and figure out how that's going to factor into scheduling.

Anyway, just negotiate with me sometime on a day for GTA IV night.

If people want to requests for a GTA IV night or want to requests a game night for some other game, I would prefer it if people posted it in this thread.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Let's just say too much swearing (one thing I do get highly offended by, which is one reason I just can't get myself to play Yakuza)[/quote]

The voice acting in Yakuza is way more offensive than the swearing. :bomb:

I'm down for whatever night there's a regular schedule, but for now we should set up a time that Tuesday night when it drops! unless of course i'm the only one picking up a pre order copy that day...

I think most people are going to be playing the single player for a few days after release, or more even. I know I am. I at least want to get a feel for the game, before I get into the multiplayer...

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I think most people are going to be playing the single player for a few days after release, or more even. I know I am. I at least want to get a feel for the game, before I get into the multiplayer...[/quote]
Me and my friends have decided to dive straight into multiplayer first for some reason, same thing to me!

We still don't know how the multiplayer will be setup yet. If it'll be friends list based or server based etc.

I'm thinking this game is so big it'll need more than one day too. So other than Tuesday is there any other days that fit better?

[quote name='StrandedBrit']We still don't know how the multiplayer will be setup yet. If it'll be friends list based or server based etc.

I'm thinking this game is so big it'll need more than one day too. So other than Tuesday is there any other days that fit better?[/QUOTE]

use the eye of thundara and tell us how the multiplayer will be set up.

[quote name='Thomas96']use the eye of thundara and tell us how the multiplayer will be set up.[/quote]

Mumm-ra is using his evil powers to block my vision.

Can we get Sunday Night as well?? GTA4 definetely needs two nights..If not we can do something like 1hr after COD4 nights start on Saturday.

[quote name='smiggity']Can we get Sunday Night as well?? GTA4 definetely needs two nights..If not we can do something like 1hr after COD4 nights start on Saturday.[/quote]

Sunday is cool for me. You thinking afternoon or evening. If you want I'll start the official thread unless you want to.

sunday is fine, if its during the night on tuesday that'll work. But if you want to do it after cod4 nights, thats cool too... Whatever you guys decide is fine by me...

GTA4 is going to sell like crack, so I'm sure a lot of CAGs will be playing. I can't wait for the CAG nights. I thought single player was going to keep me playing forever but multiplayer adds so many more hours to it. :bouncy:

[quote name='smiggity']Go for it SB. I was thinking Wednesday and Sunday evenings would be perfect[/QUOTE]No, Wednesday is already Hot Shots Golf (and that's my favorite multi-player game too). And that night I'm not about to change either (due to some not getting back until really late on Tuesday, but available for Wednesday). If it were on Wednesday, it would not be listed in the CAG PSN Gaming group thread.

Like I said before, Sunday - Tuesday is perfect time to put GTA IV night since Wednesday - Saturday is occupied. Sunday most definitely I'll support and link to it in the CAG PSN Gaming group thread.

[quote name='smiggity']Yeah, just set us up with a day TMK and Team Michigan can take it over from there...[/quote]

Fa sho Michigan can handle this! :twoguns:

My vote goes for Tuesday, Wed, or Sunday.

If no one else wants to organize, I can but it sounds like SB was about to.

But I guess right now the main concern is how R* is handling online. Whether we can set up our own servers or not remains to be seen . . . .

Also, let me know what day you all want to be a main GTAIV night, whether it's Sunday or Tuesday. I just need to know so I MAKE it a priority, while there might be another game going on another night (but GTA IV will be a 2nd option).

Here's what I recommend doing for the GTAIV online thread or whatever:
-Whoever wants to lead it, should become the OP of this thread (there's already quite a discussion anyway in this thread). Just sent a PM to a mod like LinkinPrime and he'll make it happen.
-Change the title of the thread to "CAG GTAIV PS3 Night [ ]".
-The other thread about the GTA IV reviews, can just turn into a regular "GTAIV PS3 Gen. Discussion & Info", where people can just discuss the game in general.

That's just my suggestion. By doing this, we'll be down to just two threads like most games, instead of too many similar threads floating around.

EDIT: Unless multiple posts need to be reserved, stick with this thread).

Good Call. Sunday Night Is the Official GTA4 CAG night, and Tuesday Night is the secondary night. SB will be the OP of the thread and Team MI can handle hosting/posting duties..

This will be one of the rare games I am highly interested in multiplayer with the community.

Really looking forward to it.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']PMd LinkinPrime to get me to be the OP to this thread (FYI V4oLDbOY). Once that happens I'll change the thread title and get the OP setup.

Sunday and Tuesday it is, but I'm assuming that like COD4 there will be multiple other unofficial GTA4 nights .[/quote]

Ok, what time on tuesday would it be...?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thread is now yours StrandedBit.[/quote]

Thanks.

As for times. Weeknight stuff usually goes down at 9pm EST or maybe 10pm EST to accomodate the west coast?

Can you not have it start at the earlier time and let the Westers join in an hour later?

Or is there a serious protocol to this whole thing?

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Thanks.

As for times. Weeknight stuff usually goes down at 9pm EST or maybe 10pm EST to accomodate the west coast?[/quote]

10pm EST time is best for west coast, unless its too late for east/central...

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Off-Topic, but how do you change a thread title? I could never figure that out.[/quote]

Once you hit edit, you gotta hit advanced edit after that, bottom right corner...

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Off-Topic, but how do you change a thread title? I could never figure that out.[/quote]

Usually by editing the original post.

bread's done
Back