- - - - -

GamesForCanada.com (GFC) - Friendly Package Forwarding Service for Canada & The World

#10801 goomba478   Canada's Amerifriend ^_^ CAGiversary!   6281 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

** Changes to the Site **

1) As mentioned many times in the last few weeks, our GFC Rewards store is nearly done. I'm just putting some final touches on it to make it more presentable (nobody wants to see walls of text with no graphics), but I promise within the next week I'll have something to show you guys :).

2) I will be closing the traditional GFC Store for the time being, while migrating to our new system. What this means is that if you want to join GFC Premium, you'll have to do so by contacting me at JJParks AT improcomics DOT org in the meantime. We'll have a fully automated signup page on the site shortly.

3) We will no longer be selling iTunes card codes on our site, due to a LARGE number of fraud cases (unfortunately). It was fun while it lasted and I really did appreciate your support for those who regularly bought from us. That being said, scam artists are far too common these days and I want to keep GFC as far out of grey areas as I can. If you were a regular customer of ours that wants to buy them, I'd be happy to help you.

#10802 Pat_McCrotch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Pat_McCrotch

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

Hey Goomba,

I was just wondering if you can ship Protein powder to Canada. One of the reasons I couldn't ship to Canada from the main website was because it was considered a "food" item. Would that cause issues with you shipping it to me?

#10803 goomba478   Canada's Amerifriend ^_^ CAGiversary!   6281 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

Pat_McCrotch, I've shipped it in the past. I don't think it's an issue to be honest. I can ship certain food items anyhow, just non-perishable things though and not meat/milk/dairy/plant related things. I've shipped quite a bit of health products in the past though with no issues to date. Thanks :).

#10804 Pat_McCrotch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Pat_McCrotch

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

I gave you the wrong link in my first order (#288495050). Just ignore that one if you can.

I placed a second order and paid that fully.

#10805 goomba478   Canada's Amerifriend ^_^ CAGiversary!   6281 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

Thanks Pat_McCrotch, I was able to order all of your items successfully. I will let you know once I've received them and shipped them out as well :).

Sincerely,

JJ Parks ^_^
GFC

#10806 goomba478   Canada's Amerifriend ^_^ CAGiversary!   6281 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

** GFC Rewards BETA Starts....NOW! **

gfc-rewards-preview.png

I'm happy to say that for the first time in 4.5 years, we have officially launched (in BETA) our GFC Rewards store! Granted the first initial 8 rewards are a bit random, and a couple are recycled from our eBay store but we are planning on adding new items every day and will have TONS of things to give away (many of which will be very cheap or even free). Here's the link:

http://gamesforcanada.com/rewards.php

The way it works is this: When you place orders with us on GFC, we will issue you "Canuck Bucks (CB's)" as rewards. The amount you get will very based on your membership and/or monthly promotions that we offer, but every order will at least reward you something in terms of CB's. You can use these CB's to get any of the rewards in our store, and if you're a little short, you can buy additional CB's to make up the difference.

We plan to have some really special items in there, and while some may appear to be a bit expensive at first, keep in mind that if you're patient enough you can earn all of the items free from just doing your normal ordering :). This program is in BETA though, so if you see anything wonky or out of the ordinary, please let us know. We'll be adding in sort options, a full list view and other things soon enough, but for now we just wanted the core pages to work properly. Here is how it goes:

1) Rewards page - shows the rewards themselves, the name of the reward and the price in CB's. Click the reward you want for more details.

2) Rewards Detail page - shows even more detail and a description of the item. If you click the thumbnail you can get a full view of the reward and two options: Buy Now (if you already have enough CB's in your account) or Make Offer. With Make Offer you can set your own price in CB's and if we accept we'll deduct the CB's and hold it on the side for you. All rewards will ship free with your next DR/PF order with us.

3) Buy CB's link: All of the rewards pages also have a link in which you can buy additional Canuck Bucks if you're a little short for your goal. Keep in mind this is optional though.

More details soon, but I'd love if you'd check it out so far. We have spent literally the last three weeks coding almost all of this from scratch and we're proud with how it's coming along so far. Lots of updates around the corner and new rewards added daily ^_^.

#10807 goomba478   Canada's Amerifriend ^_^ CAGiversary!   6281 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

Hmm, no feedback on the Rewards Store BETA? I guess I'll just have to keep adding to the prize list :) Thanks guys.

#10808 Capsuledragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Capsuledragon

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

Random they are indeed, but it's cool you're giving back some to people.

Just wondering, but will there ever be a way of waiving the shipping buffer?

#10809 goomba478   Canada's Amerifriend ^_^ CAGiversary!   6281 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

Capsuledragon, lol yes and they'll become a lot more random soon enough as I have tons of things to give. We are looking into a system for waving the shipping buffer, but it's not something we can launch yet as it involves a new rating system for buyers. More on this in August probably :) Thanks for your interest!

#10810 Jotamide   CAGadian CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:42 AM

EDIT: Nevermind, I got the confirmation e-mail. :P

Posted Image

#10811 RoganSarine   Goomba's Elf CAGiversary!   917 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

RoganSarine

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:23 AM

Hey Goomba,

Did you end up sniping that eBay thing for me? If it didn't go through, I have something else I'd use it on (but it can just be refunded because I can snag it myself)

Posted Image
No credit card required. Since June 2009 I have gotten $430 in amazon gift cards. Just use it instead of google (because it's the same search engine), and get giftcards for amazon.

Want to discover new music? Check out my site filled with live videos of unsigned artists: http://www.overmined.com Podcast: Coming soon
http://www.youtube.c...ser/RoganSarine

#10812 goomba478   Canada's Amerifriend ^_^ CAGiversary!   6281 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:54 AM

RoganSarine, I did snipe it but you got outbid by $2.00 or so at the last minute again. I'd be happy to refund you but right at the moment my Paypal account funds are frozen as Paypal is investigating about $1000 of purchases that are being disputed due to a scammer buyer. They expect that I should have the funds returned to me ASAP. If you'd like to purchase something else, I can do so as I have a credit card for purchases, but it's separate from my Paypal acct. Let me know :) Thanks!

#10813 Jotamide   CAGadian CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:07 AM

Goomba, I wanna take advantage of this offer from Newegg to get Shin Megami Tensei IV cheaper. It's kind of a hassle cause it requires the buyer to use a cellphone and have a Google Wallet account. Is it ok to put a bunch of instructions on the Direct Request form on your website?

Posted Image

#10814 goomba478   Canada's Amerifriend ^_^ CAGiversary!   6281 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

Jotamide, sorry I didn't hear from you sooner. As you probably am aware we had a scammer majorly screw us up this week and we've been working it out with Paypal. In the future if you need a faster response feel free to Email me directly at JJParks AT Improcomics DOT org. I try to always write back as soon as I receive the Email (I check about 30 times a day). I saw that you posted on Neogaf that I was out of touch, and I assure you that I'm very much up-to-date but just haven't had time the last few days to check the thread due to the Paypal issues.

I'd be happy to help you though with the Newegg request. Just put the DR through as usual and yes put the directions in the additional comments section. Sorry for the delay buddy :).

#10815 goomba478   Canada's Amerifriend ^_^ CAGiversary!   6281 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:16 AM

** IMPORTANT GFC UPDATE **

Hey guys, I just wanted to re-iterate what I've said privately and partially. Over the last week, our GFC Paypal account has been hit with several (around 12 to date and counting) fraudulent chargeback claims. Essentially, a customer (I believe it to be a single individual) ordered a bunch ($1000+) worth of iTunes Gift Cards over the month of June using various accounts, names, Emails and addresses. I sent them as I always do and was happy to do so. Then out of the nowhere, I get MULTIPLE Emails from Paypal saying that the buyer contacted their credit card company to charge back the full amounts of the cards. Paypal debited the money out of my account, leaving me with a negative $600 balance with several other chargebacks on the way (seeing as there are orders from this user that haven't cleared yet). This dried up all of my day-to-day funds that I use to run the site and created literally about 10 hours of Emailing and paperwork.

To date I've recovered some of the money (very little) but it now looks that Paypal will not side with me, even though I physically mailed the cards out as well. What this means is that it'll take me a couple of weeks to recoup these funds from eBay sales, money from work, etc. but all of your funds are still accounted for. If there's anything you have credit with me and that you need to use to order, please contact me and I'll do my best to order it right away. Again, I have other credit cards and ordering methods that are available to me so I won't be penalizing you in any way for my loss, it's just an unfortunate setback.

All existing GFC orders are still being processed as normal, and any new ones will be processed just as efficiently as always. The only reason I was slow to answer Emails this week is that I had to work extra hours at my day job, and the rest of my free time was spent in Paypal Email back-and-forths. I apologize if I missed any of your Emails or was slow to respond, it wasn't intentional.

If there's anything I can do, please let me know. The sooner this is all behind me the happier I'll be =). Thanks again for your generous support over the years, I really do appreciate your business.

#10816 Pat_McCrotch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Pat_McCrotch

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:48 AM

Hey Goomba,

I was looking at the GYROS page on your website and I can't seem to find my order (#636803367). I'm assuming it's been shipped? Thanks again!

#10817 goomba478   Canada's Amerifriend ^_^ CAGiversary!   6281 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

Hi Pat_McCrotch, yes they shipped on 07/16/13 :) You can find the shipped items by clicking the tab on the bottom of the GYROS page. Thanks again! Hope they reach you quickly and safely ^_^.

#10818 Jotamide   CAGadian CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

Jotamide, sorry I didn't hear from you sooner. As you probably am aware we had a scammer majorly screw us up this week and we've been working it out with Paypal. In the future if you need a faster response feel free to Email me directly at JJParks AT Improcomics DOT org. I try to always write back as soon as I receive the Email (I check about 30 times a day). I saw that you posted on Neogaf that I was out of touch, and I assure you that I'm very much up-to-date but just haven't had time the last few days to check the thread due to the Paypal issues.

I'd be happy to help you though with the Newegg request. Just put the DR through as usual and yes put the directions in the additional comments section. Sorry for the delay buddy :).

Hi Goomba sorry about that, I didn't know about the PayPal issues. I usually post here from my phone so I don't read the whole thread. I'll send you an e-mail because I have multiple requests to make at the same time. Just to arrange how we can work this out.

Posted Image

#10819 goomba478   Canada's Amerifriend ^_^ CAGiversary!   6281 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

Thanks Jotamide, no problem. I look forward to hearing from you :)

#10820 goomba478   Canada's Amerifriend ^_^ CAGiversary!   6281 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

Jotamide, I sent you an Email back =) Please respond with the items that you want to order and I'll manually invoice you for them ^_^ This way I can apply your shipping buffer credit. Thanks!

#10821 kuro67   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

Just used GFC again for the second time, hopefully this works out fine.

#10822 SinisterPanda   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

SinisterPanda

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

i want to try out the service but im pretty new to it i just have some question im hoping someone can answer for me. do i need to sign up and pay for a membership? and also how do i submit a request? what kind of payment do you accept and how long after i submit the request (if thats how i do it) do you place an item on order?

#10823 hooshang   Cancer Lancer CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

hooshang

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:29 AM

Thanks for the lebrons, James!  

#10824 Pat_McCrotch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Pat_McCrotch

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:05 AM

Hi Pat_McCrotch, yes they shipped on 07/16/13 :) You can find the shipped items by clicking the tab on the bottom of the GYROS page. Thanks again! Hope they reach you quickly and safely ^_^.

Ahhh, didn't know about that! Thanks again!

#10825 Jotamide   CAGadian CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Just dropping by to say that my copy of Heavenly Sword arrived in mint condition. Thanks Goomba!
Posted Image

#10826 kuro67   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

What does ''May Need Shipping $'' mean?

#10827 goomba478   Canada's Amerifriend ^_^ CAGiversary!   6281 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

Hey guys, just stopping in to answer some of your questions/comments. As always, the fastest way to reach me is to Email me directly (for some reason CAG no longer notifies me when there's a response in this thread) at JJParks AT improcomics DOT org. Here we go:

1) kuro67, we always do our best =) We'll keep your order as up to date as possible with our GYROS page (sometimes takes a few days to have it listed there, but we'll get it there eventually). Keep in mind GYROS is just mostly for estimates so from time to time things like shipping dates and such can change.

2) SinisterPanda, you don't need to sign up for membership. We offer two tiers: Free and Premium. Free members can order with our "Direct Request (DR)" Service where you tell us what to order for you, and we do the ordering/shipping to you. Premium members have the option of ordering the items themselves with our "Package Forwarding (PF)" Services. Either way the items will come to us in one way or another and we have them shipped out to your address from our offices. We accept only Paypal payments on our website and occasionally other forms of payment like Amazon Gift cards for smaller items (or orders on Amazon.com). We typically order items from DR orders in 12 hours or less after receiving them, so for items that need to be ordered immediately we recommend using our PF system.

3) hooshang, you're very welcome ^_^ Glad you like 'em!

4) Pat_McCrotch, yeah we're going to be revising our GYROS system eventually so that it's not using Google Docs, though I really do like that system as it is. Ultimately I want to have it tied to our database, so it can be updated in real time, but for now I have more important updates to work on :).

5) Jotamide, that's great news! Glad it made it there safely. I'm doing my best with your newest order, but the NewEgg thing is giving me major difficulties. I'm going to try and contact NewEgg Customer support :). I'll keep you posted.

6) kuro67, "May Need Shipping $" means that the money you sent initially for your order may not be enough to cover the shipping to you from our office. This is an all-encompassing status though, so it can result from customers forgetting to include shipping from the original company, underestimating shipping weight, etc. Once we receive your items we'll Email you in detail to explain the situation :). Thanks!

-----

As always guys, I'll do my best to get your orders in ASAP and I'll try to keep GYROS up to date as well. Thanks again and see you soon. Back to packing!

#10828 goomba478   Canada's Amerifriend ^_^ CAGiversary!   6281 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

** Google Chromecasts **

Just a quick update for those of you who are ordering, ordered or plan to order Google Chromecast devices. Amazon and Best Buy are currently backordered and Amazon is limiting purchases to 3 per customer (which we've already filled all our spots). If you plan on ordering one, I suggest either waiting until they're in stock everywhere or order yourself when you can and use our PF services. For those of you who did order, we'll do our best to get yours ASAP. Thanks guys!

#10829 Jotamide   CAGadian CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

Goomba, I sent you the payment. However, the shipping address is incorrect. Please take a look at the info I sent on the PayPal payment.

Posted Image

#10830 goomba478   Canada's Amerifriend ^_^ CAGiversary!   6281 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Jotamide, thanks I've fixed your address on there. We'll be picking up your PF order on Thursday probably so as long as it's there, we'll have it shipped out Friday morning. Thanks again :)

Everyone else, just a friendly reminder that we CAN ship LI-ION batteries now as long as they are in their respective device (cell phone, video game system, etc.) but we CANNOT ship empty LI-ION batteries by themselves through USPS. We need to arrange UPS shipments for these types of things. Thanks!