Lost Odyssey 4-Disc Case Japanese Exclusive? But I Want One, GIMME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the_punisher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
200 (100%)
Where can i get one of those 4-disc cases? I really need them, but i'm pretty sure they're only out in Japan.

Does anybody have one/know where i can get one?

I'd be interested in seeing any solutions. Sure, they may not be as good as a real 360 case, but nearly anything is better than a sleeve sitting in there...

[quote name='Trakan']I don't think the US cover art fits in the Japanese case anyways. I had the same idea for a while too.[/quote]

Their cover art is cooler anyway xD

I guess this is a hopeless attempt anyway, unless i import the game, making it a little too expensive....damn shipping costs....

[quote name='62t']you can get the asia, japanese or europe version of LO to get a 4 disc case[/quote]

Lol, not really looking to spend $60+ for a game i can't understand.

I'm guessing they'll be obtainable eventually, when more multi-disk games are released. I'm not too fond of the way the Blue Dragon discs are handled, either.

I really don't see how it would have been that much of a profit-breaker to just give us proper cases. Hell, increase the price by a buck or two if its that necessary, I'm sure most of us here would have gone for that solution. Clearly a case of a distributor not knowing a good chunk of its target audience's wants.

I was going to recommend the asian version, with english language, but it's NTSC-J and PAL locked for some reason, why the hell do the europeans get to import this one but not us?

I'm definitely getting an imported Xbox 360 Arcade/Core after that additional tax relief shit comes in for me -- most US games can be played on an imported machine, but not vice versa -- plus I'd like to have a HDMI console.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-15-lost+odyssey'-70-2iys.html btw for LO Asian.

[quote name='twen']I was going to recommend the asian version, with english language, but it's NTSC-J and PAL locked for some reason, why the hell do the europeans get to import this one but not us?

I'm definitely getting an imported Xbox 360 Arcade/Core after that additional tax relief shit comes in for me -- most US games can be played on an imported machine, but not vice versa -- plus I'd like to have a HDMI console.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-15-lost+odyssey'-70-2iys.html btw for LO Asian.[/quote]

$56 shipped.....no thanks, but if someone wants to buy it and send me a case, i won't complain. :D

[quote name='shrike4242']It's not green, but the closest option I've found:
http://www.meritline.com/4-disc-dvd-case-frosty-clear-with-tray.html[/quote]
Nice...i'd love to just get a case from the Europe/Asia version but i can't find any of those. I did come across two that i might get;

http://www.kingdom.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=CDVA4

http://www.shop4tech.com/item2537.html

Only problem is you usually have to buy these in at least 25 packs and i don't need that many. Now, if i could find a 5 or 10 pack, perhaps some CAGs here would want one and just pay shipping?

[quote name='eliter1']Why can't you just buy extra Xb0x 360 cases? I'd prefer that just because they are the same color.[/quote]
Ideally, there would be someone selling cases just like the ones for the Europe/Asia release of the game...

[quote name='SynGamer']Ideally, there would be someone selling cases just like the ones for the Europe/Asia release of the game...[/quote]

Yeah, good luck, I can't even find an official case that holds two xbox or xbox 360 games.

If someone lives in Europe or Japan...could you try calling up Xbox Support and seeing if you can obtain replacement cases? Even if it costs like $10, i would do...

[quote name='joshingit']This guy is selling cases that triple stack. I'm pretty sure I have 30 of these around. Gotta look for them.[/quote]
We already have that...that's the same case our game(s) came in. What we want is this;

56595499ww1.jpg

Well, my LO Asian edition is in trade right now, but I'm going to take a look around and see if it's possible to find just the cases although I doubt it. At this point, the cheapest option is probably buying LO used here but, then you will of course have a $30-$40 4 disc case with a game you can't understand (or play unless you have a JP system).
Anyway, I'll do my best to try and track something down.

[quote name='dv8mad']Well, my LO Asian edition is in trade right now, but I'm going to take a look around and see if it's possible to find just the cases although I doubt it. At this point, the cheapest option is probably buying LO used here but, then you will of course have a $30-$40 4 disc case with a game you can't understand (or play unless you have a JP system).
Anyway, I'll do my best to try and track something down.[/quote]
If you find anything, please let us know. Even if it's a 25 pack, i'll buy it and then send them out at cost + shipping to help others out.

I have Lost Odyssey too and I wondered why they packaged it in such a weird way as well. Initially I thought it came with a soundtrack because theres no possible way someone would package the game disc in such a fashion, but I stand corrected. Honestly I would have paid an extra dollar or so to have a normal 4 disc case then the stupid sleeve sticking out at the side. I'm just scared I might put something heavy on it and I'll have a cracked 4th disc by mistake.

[quote name='DragonSlayerX']I have Lost Odyssey too and I wondered why they packaged it in such a weird way as well. Initially I thought it came with a soundtrack because theres no possible way someone would package the game disc in such a fashion, but I stand corrected. Honestly I would have paid an extra dollar or so to have a normal 4 disc case then the stupid sleeve sticking out at the side. I'm just scared I might put something heavy on it and I'll have a cracked 4th disc by mistake.[/quote]
If you don't mind spending $6 or so, you can get a clear 4-disc case with booklet clips like the one i got above. It's clear and exactly the same size as a normal DVD/Game case so the cover will fit right over. I'm hoping that since it's clear, the green from my other games will help it blend in with my collection, but either way, beats having 3 discs on top of each other and 1 in a fucking sleeve.

My case arrived today, it's a snug fit, but it looks much better than having the discs stacked on top of each other. Really fast shipping too, ordered on the 16th, shipped out of OH, and got here today (18th) in upstate NY. Pictures below;

[quote name='SynGamer']I just ordered the following to tide me over until i find a Xbox 360 4-disc case...came up to $6.xx shipped for 1.

[/quote]Link to where you ordered it?

The image links directly to the product. You can select from Black and Clear, i highly suggest Clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
if your local blockbuster is nice, they have 4 disc cases which are basically the leveled cases where the discs sort of overlap, much like you see in big dvd collections like lost and heroes. wouldn't fit the manual, but if the discs are your concern, should be fine.

[quote name='rifle21']if your local blockbuster is nice, they have 4 disc cases which are basically the leveled cases where the discs sort of overlap, much like you see in big dvd collections like lost and heroes. wouldn't fit the manual, but if the discs are your concern, should be fine.[/quote]
After a month and a half with the clear 4-disc case i bought above, i couldn't be happier (aside from getting the Asian case).

I was using 2 dual disc 360 cases, but I just purchased the 4 disc clear case, see how that goes. For 6 bucks it's worth a shot.

[quote name='SynGamer']After a month and a half with the clear 4-disc case i bought above, i couldn't be happier (aside from getting the Asian case).[/quote]
I bought one of those after seeing your post, and I have to agree, it's a nice case. Works perfectly.

[quote name='YodaEXE']I bought one of those after seeing your post, and I have to agree, it's a nice case. Works perfectly.[/quote]
With the manual inserted, it's a bit tight, but overall MUCH better than having the discs stacked on top of each other and in a paper sleeve. Definitely can't complain for $6 since i don't plan on trading it anytime soon.

So they did the same with this game as they did with Blue Dragon? Why can the people that put the packages together for the games on the 360 learn to stop this type of shit. This and some of the ways they do the tins(gears of war/mass effect) just piss me off.

Just received mine today, and it is awesome. Seriously awesome. Definitely have to agree with the tight fit with the manual, but definitely worth the 6 dollars.

bread's done
Back