Gran Turismo 5: Prologue $36.66 Free Shipping, from Buy.com

Amazon Code = $35 and (since i have amazon prime) free shipping in two days. Don't think many people will jump on this, but i've been wrong before.

EDIT: Nope, i'm always right.

[quote name='the_punisher']Amazon Code = $35 and (since i have amazon prime) free shipping in two days. Don't think many people will jump on this, but i've been wrong before.

EDIT: Nope, i'm always right.[/quote]

;) with the exception of the edit.

I don't know if familyvideo.com allows coupon with preorders but GT prologue is 37.99 with .99 shipping and they usually have $5 off floating around on the net for new members which I believe is just creating a new email address. Haven't tried it myself though. Plus some people have said their shipping can be slow

[quote name='OldKai']Might be $26.66 with Google Checkout when it's out!! >_>[/quote]

Gotta love the good old GCO (which sometimes you can get away doing it more than once)

Well, being in a taxable state, the Buy.com price is probably my best deal. Told a buddy about it at work today, and he pre-ordered the game without even OWNING a PS3. (So selling him my 2nd one, and playing online together should be a gimmee. :) )

I'd say the OP is awesome! :)

[quote name='Fatal Snipe']Hmm well I guess $36.99 is a much better deal for a demo than $39.99.[/quote]
Take your goddamn sarcasm elsewhere. ;) And it's 36.66 so...so, there! Seriously tho, it's a new release and a few dollars' savings is always nice for a new release.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']$20 for the demo, and i'm there.[/quote]

Define what you consider a demo? To me, a demo is something I get 45 minutes or an hour of play out of (if that due to the fact that a majority of them suck) if I'm lucky.

GT5 Prologue on the other hand is a game I can see myself playing over and over again. I'm not even into online play that much, and I still think $34.99 (with the $5 off Amazon.com code) is more than worth it for just the single player element of the game.

Now if I get 5-10 hours of play out of the game, and nothing more, than I will admit "it's a demo". Otherwise, it's worth every penny, and will by far be the most superior graphics I've ever seen in a video game (I've said the exact same thing with GT 3 and GT 4 on PS2).

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Define what you consider a demo? To me, a demo is something I get 45 minutes or an hour of play out of (if that due to the fact that a majority of them suck) if I'm lucky.

GT5 Prologue on the other hand is a game I can see myself playing over and over again. I'm not even into online play that much, and I still think $34.99 (with the $5 off Amazon.com code) is more than worth it for just the single player element of the game.

Now if I get 5-10 hours of play out of the game, and nothing more, than I will admit "it's a demo". Otherwise, it's worth every penny, and will by far be the most superior graphics I've ever seen in a video game (I've said the exact same thing with GT 3 and GT 4 on PS2).[/quote]

Well, i consider anything that isn't the full game, a demo, even though this is longer than most demos.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']Well, i consider anything that isn't the full game, a demo, even though this is longer than most demos.[/quote]

I see your point. This game is 40%-50% of the full game, and can be viewed as an attempt by Polyphony Digital to cash in twice on the very same game. However, they've said that it'll be at least a year until Gran Turismo 5 comes out.

Also, I think they'll continue to allow those of us who've bought Prologue to continue playing online with those who wait to buy the full version of the game (though obviously we won't be able to play all the courses).

Depending on how much more we'll actually get for another $60 investment (and it's safe to say at least 20% or more of the people who buy Prologue will also buy GT 5), I may not buy the full version of the game. I own every version of Gran Turismo, and find myself interested in the games for a good 20 hours or so. Because of that, I may not even want to buy the "full" version of the game.

Another reason I hope the "demo" (as you put it) does extremely well (which it will) is because it'll send a message to the game developers. $35 or $40 is a price we're willing to pay as a consumer. $60 is too much money for a game, regardless of the amount of time that games provides us. Hopefully Sony will put two and two together when Prologue outsells GT 5 3 or 4 to 1.

bread's done
Back