- - - - -

LEGO Deals

#5791 FadeToOne   It's CAGtastic! CAGiversary!   1876 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

FadeToOne

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:43 PM

I found all the minifigs at Target today. They were in the candy aisles. There was one box that looked like it had barely been touched if at all.

Saw some mentions of them being with the Halloween stuff that was replacing the school supplies. When I went, they were dismantling the school supplies section, but the candy is on the other side of the store (where it normally is... there was just way more of it).
FadeToOne.png

#5792 Spanky   2 Legit CAGiversary!   880 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:23 AM

Found minifigs in my target today as well. Unfortunately both cases were bare:cry: I plan to make a run through a couple more targets around my area hoping for one store to have these in.
Posted Image

#5793 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9666 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:04 AM

I made a Target run and scored 30 minifigures, I only needed 6 to complete my set but still ended up needing 2 (Pop Star & Skier). I would have picked up the whole box but the employee said she would get chewed out if I bought all they had before they were put out on the floor.

I do have extras for trade, I'm looking for the Pop Star & Skier in particular. Also looking to complete a second set and need a Surfer, Disco Dancer, Pop Star & Skier.

I have 1xMexican, 1xSpartan, 2xRingmaster, 1xWitch, 1xVampire, 2xPatrol Officer, 1xExplorer, 2xMime, 2xMartial Arts Champion, and 1xPharoh

Let me know, Thanks

#5794 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4341 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:35 PM

I picked up the last 5 at TRU. I got 2 pop stars, 2 karate masters and 1 weightlifter (or at least I think)

edit: ended up with 2 ring masters instead of the pop stars.

I made a Target run and scored 30 minifigures, I only needed 6 to complete my set but still ended up needing 2 (Pop Star & Skier). I would have picked up the whole box but the employee said she would get chewed out if I bought all they had before they were put out on the floor.

I do have extras for trade, I'm looking for the Pop Star & Skier in particular. Also looking to complete a second set and need a Surfer, Disco Dancer, Pop Star & Skier.

I have 1xMexican, 1xSpartan, 2xRingmaster, 1xWitch, 1xVampire, 2xPatrol Officer, 1xExplorer, 2xMime, 2xMartial Arts Champion, and 1xPharoh

Let me know, Thanks

I'd trade for those if you want my doubles or stuff from my trade list. Let me know, thanks.
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=267534

Edited by encendido5, 10 September 2010 - 12:16 AM.

fs_overall.png

#5795 PANZERGRENADIER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

PANZERGRENADIER

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:55 PM

TRU had two full boxes so i finished my brothers collection and picked up a few more for gifts. Returned the extras from my lego.com order to TRU for some more Lego buying power. Target didnt have them out yet but i saw the space for them.

#5796 cgw1710   The black wind howls CAGiversary!   194 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:27 PM

Heres a deal at TRU that ends September 11:

http://www.toysrus.c...686910&view=all

#5797 illennium   Systems Analyst CAGiversary!   1650 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:31 PM

In my travels today I came across one of those Wal-Marts that time forgot. You know, the kind that still has Indiana Jones Lego sets in the clearance aisle marked at full price. Not a single price scanner in the store was working -- apparently this is because they are remodeling, although it appears they took their remodeling tips from Hurricane Katrina. Anyway, the clearance aisle was loaded but everything was either full price or at best 30% off. They had all of the Prince of Persia sets at around 30%, and I felt like buying something, so I got Fight for the Dagger (7571) for $20. I'm still in town for another night so I'm wondering if I should exchange it for Battle of Alamut (7573) for $54 or Quest Against Time (7572) for $35. Any thoughts? They also had some Power Miners, World Racers, and Star Wars sets with similar discounts but I passed. These 30% off clearance prices are pretty lame, especially after tax.

#5798 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:22 AM

I went into ToysRUs with the full intention of getting the TRU Exclusive themed semi truck and the new airplane. I walked around with them for probably 20 minutes or so until I realized I didn't really want the new airplane that much. I guess I'll just wait till they do a wider Buy 1 Get 1 1/2 off that includes some other themes.

#5799 prim4444   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1976 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:39 AM

I went into ToysRUs with the full intention of getting the TRU Exclusive themed semi truck and the new airplane. I walked around with them for probably 20 minutes or so until I realized I didn't really want the new airplane that much. I guess I'll just wait till they do a wider Buy 1 Get 1 1/2 off that includes some other themes.

Just a friendly reminder, TRU is going to do a B2G1 free the week of 9/19. Usual exclusions.

#5800 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17508 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:47 AM

No Star Wars. :/

#5801 TheHelix   CAGiversary! Silenced   2842 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TheHelix

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:50 AM

I bought my first minifig at Target. I got a witch. When I get my paycheck on Friday I'll probably get 10.

#5802 PANZERGRENADIER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

PANZERGRENADIER

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:03 AM

Minifigs back in stock at TRU.com limit 10.

#5803 Zepp-Head   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Zepp-Head

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:05 AM

Oh, this is really lame: I just read on Brickset that some guy in California bought 2 whole boxes of minifigs for only $1.99 per box - I suspect because the cashier only scanned the barcode on the back of the sealed box and didn't open it to check if there was a certain quantity inside. Shame on that guy for not telling how many were inside! That dude has some bad karma coming to him I think...
Speaking of karma, one time I was in the grocery store buying a couple of things and I was walking towards the only open checkout aisle, just ahead of a woman with a full cart coming from the other direction. I decided to lag my pace and let her get there in front of me instead. Then she turned around and said I could go ahead of her. I don't know if she was just rewarding me for being a gentleman or what, but I think it was good karma coming back at me. Do good things and good things will happen to you I always say.:D

#5804 xycury   there is only one CAGiversary!   4503 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:15 AM

Anyone else having the issue where you put 10 in your cart and TRU wants you to pay up to and over $23 shipping for it?

Edited by xycury, 09 September 2010 - 05:40 AM.
forgot the insane shipping charge

#5805 ChairmanMaow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   199 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

ChairmanMaow

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:42 AM

Out again

#5806 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7432 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:03 AM

Oh, this is really lame: I just read on Brickset that some guy in California bought 2 whole boxes of minifigs for only $1.99 per box - I suspect because the cashier only scanned the barcode on the back of the sealed box and didn't open it to check if there was a certain quantity inside. Shame on that guy for not telling how many were inside! That dude has some bad karma coming to him I think...
Speaking of karma, one time I was in the grocery store buying a couple of things and I was walking towards the only open checkout aisle, just ahead of a woman with a full cart coming from the other direction. I decided to lag my pace and let her get there in front of me instead. Then she turned around and said I could go ahead of her. I don't know if she was just rewarding me for being a gentleman or what, but I think it was good karma coming back at me. Do good things and good things will happen to you I always say.:D

People do shit like get cashiers to ring up full boxes at the price of a single package here all the time. I'm surprised nobody in this thread has tried it in all honesty... but people suck anymore, it's that simple.

#5807 180husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2329 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:12 AM

I don't know if she was just rewarding me for being a gentleman or what, but I think it was good karma coming back at me. Do good things and good things will happen to you I always say.:D

Do you eat meat?

Posted Image

#5808 Zepp-Head   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Zepp-Head

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

People do shit like get cashiers to ring up full boxes at the price of a single package here all the time. I'm surprised nobody in this thread has tried it in all honesty... but people suck anymore, it's that simple.

The stores should put a big black 'X' on through the barcode on the back of display box - this would put an end to full box theft I think.

Do you eat meat?

Hell yes! In fact I ate a juicy, greasy, straight-to-your-arteries burger last night. Sorry for the neo-hippie-granola talk. I just think some people are too greedy and should help eachother out in completing their collection, rather than steal/hoard/scalp these things. True, I bought 60 from TRU.com in order to guarantee I get a full set, but I'm giving the extras to my nephew and niece as birthday presents.

#5809 PANZERGRENADIER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

PANZERGRENADIER

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:31 PM

I just think some people are too greedy and should help eachother out in completing their collection, rather than steal/hoard/scalp these things.

I totally agree. I had six extra spartans in my hand yesterday at TRU. I couldn't do it. I don't want to screw someone else out of a complete set like i got screwed in series 1. I'm still 5 guys short and am tempted to give in to the ebayers.

#5810 PANZERGRENADIER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

PANZERGRENADIER

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:07 PM

Minifigs in stock again at tru.com. limit 43 for some crazy random reason.

#5811 okc0r   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   6 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:05 PM

The target near me had 2 cases of minifigs, by the time my wife got there someone had picked all of the spartans from the bunch. Hopefully my 16 from lego will have a spartan.

I just want a set!

#5812 freeorelse   Not in the Sandbox! CAGiversary!   1009 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

freeorelse

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:58 PM

What the ?

However, to ensure that you are informed well in-advance, we must tell you that the LEGO BrickMaster subscription program will no longer be available for renewal or new member purchase. Instead, we will be getting ready to offer a brand new and exciting experience in 2011.

Just got this in an email.

Damn right. After all, why should I have to shit stain my undies when I could buy them pre stained.:whee:

[chipinsig]07e4f48f08550a61[/chipinsig]

#5813 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9062 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:35 PM

I totally agree. I had six extra spartans in my hand yesterday at TRU. I couldn't do it. I don't want to screw someone else out of a complete set like i got screwed in series 1. I'm still 5 guys short and am tempted to give in to the ebayers.

I want two skiers, a life guard, a surfer, and maybe a Mexican and the disco guy. That's it. It's not even worth trying, not because LEGO screwed up like the first time, but because people are sick.

It's a toy! But they figured they can make 2-3 times the ammount when they sell them online.

Weird Brickmaster is ending, it just started a couple years ago.

They have all six sets if anyone wants them...
http://shop.lego.com...duct/?p=4633709

Edited by bigdaddy, 09 September 2010 - 06:53 PM.

#5814 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17508 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

SW CW Turbo Tank is $94.20 on Amazon w/FSSS right now. Really tempted as I like the figs in that one.

#5815 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

Just a friendly reminder, TRU is going to do a B2G1 free the week of 9/19. Usual exclusions.

Interesting, I figured it would be coming up soon but I didn't know when.

No Star Wars. :/

Yeah, that definitely sucks but I think I can find enough other themes even without Star Wars that I want beyond City to make it worth waiting a little longer.

#5816 salty tbone   Flipmode Squad CAGiversary!   3059 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

salty tbone

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:32 PM

Just came back from checking out a few Targets in my area. The ones that have the Halloween stuff out have the shelf tag, but either someone took them all or they don't have them in yet. I should have brought an empty bag to scan.

I did find the halloween promotional sets. I've read on the other boards that there are only 2, but I saw 3 today in the Halloween section priced at $2.99 each.

1. 30042 - Atlantis Mini Sub
2. 30031 - World Racers Powerboat
3. 30032 - World Racers Buggy

I saw these for the first time at target, but only the mini sub and buggy. Next to them was an empty space where the minifigs were.

I want two skiers, a life guard, a surfer, and maybe a Mexican and the disco guy. That's it. It's not even worth trying, not because LEGO screwed up like the first time, but because people are sick.

It's a toy! But they figured they can make 2-3 times the ammount when they sell them online.

While I agree with your sentiment, I think once the word "collectible" gets introduced, that changes many people's thought process regarding "It's a toy!"

If beanie babies were just little stuffed animals, there wouldn't have been such a fervor for them (and you wouldn't still see people with tables of them at flea markets trying to recoup some of their "investment.") But beanie babies were marketed as "collectible" back then and that changed the game.

I'm not saying it's right, but it's like a trigger that sets off certain people's "hoard" mentality. Similar to "limited edition" I think. People see that and the gears start churning thinking "If I buy a bunch, I'll be able to resell them later."
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#5817 DarkRider23   hates hoarders CAGiversary!   3433 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

DarkRider23

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:58 AM

I saw these for the first time at target, but only the mini sub and buggy. Next to them was an empty space where the minifigs were.

Same here. I only found the minisub and buggy. No minifigs anywhere though. I combed through the Halloween and Lego sections searching for them, but found nothing.

#5818 ChairmanMaow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   199 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

ChairmanMaow

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:01 AM

Same here. I only found the minisub and buggy. No minifigs anywhere though. I combed through the Halloween and Lego sections searching for them, but found nothing.

At least you didn't get the tease of an empty box

#5819 PANZERGRENADIER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

PANZERGRENADIER

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:36 AM

Stopped at a few Targets today. All of them had minifigs of varying amounts.

#5820 voidedx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   546 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:05 AM

I got the minisub and buggy (did not see the powerboat). I'm glad they did minisets aside from the minifigures, but too bad they were not mini-SW. Hopefully for xmas, they will have original trilogy mini-SW sets (wishing for A-Wing and TIE Interceptor). The 2 boxes of minifigures were already picked through for Spartans. Picked up a witch, mime, and popstar.
[URL="http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=SpaceNinjaDino"]Posted Image[/URL]