- - - - -

The conduit: Will be at ComicCon 2009 @ NYC.

#1 blackbird3216   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1465 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

blackbird3216

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:27 AM

All you need to know is that it's a fps published by sega.
Proof:
http://i269.photobuc...itPublisher.jpg

This was the same way sonic unleashed was found out about.
Spoiler

Edited by blackbird3216, 16 December 2008 - 10:35 PM.

#2 Chacrana   You wa Cock CAGiversary!   22669 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:31 AM

Graphical style isn't particularly interesting, and the developer is a no-name... so... no, I don't think this'll be good.

#3 Strell   LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS! CAGiversary!   26583 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:35 AM

Graphical style isn't particularly interesting, and the developer is a no-name... so... no, I don't think this'll be good.

While I actually agree, the same was said about Retro/Metroid Prime.

I'm sure you'll come back and say Metroid Prime sucks though.

OP: It's "conduit," with an i. "Condult" isn't a word as far as I know.

#4 JoeB1233   Aaawhat?!?! CAGiversary!   1173 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:35 AM

This actually looks really cool. I'm not too big of an FPS enthusiast, but I would buy this just to send the message that I approve of the following statement. I will reward your effort with my dollars!

We think it's a real shame that publishers and developers aren't taking advantage of the technical possibilities of the Wii platform. Most Wii games don't even look as good as the later day PS2 titles and that's a real slap in the face to consumers.

#5 blackbird3216   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1465 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

blackbird3216

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:38 AM

oops. Fixed.

#6 CouRageouS  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:43 AM

Looks interesting. I'm just stunned that the screens are all 4:3. Come on!

#7 Dr Mario Kart   SD/2D Defense Force CAGiversary!   10957 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Dr Mario Kart

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:44 AM

Its a huge risk. Red Steel had the powerhouse marketing of Ubisoft behind it and struck during the launch window. Secondarily, the Wii base hasnt shown a fondness for shooters, generally.

#8 The Crotch   There are ten sticks of dynamite waiting for you. CAGiversary!   14940 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:30 AM

Better be good. I hate aiming with dual analogue sticks. Could use a real, quality FPS on the Wii.

#9 Chacrana   You wa Cock CAGiversary!   22669 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:31 AM

While I actually agree, the same was said about Retro/Metroid Prime.

I'm sure you'll come back and say Metroid Prime sucks though.

OP: It's "conduit," with an i. "Condult" isn't a word as far as I know.

Naw, Metroid Prime 1 is one of my favorite games ever, Metroid Prime 2 was really good (though not as good), and 3 was amazing. Retro had Nintendo guiding them with that shit though, so I think that's partially responsible.

The dev in question here is just... a complete non-factor, the game doesn't seem to have much ambition, and the shots don't look promising... there's just no reason to think this would be good.

#10 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11526 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:02 AM

I'm always up for a FPS on the Wii as long as it has some form of multi player.

Red Steel I bit the bullet on because it was a launch title and launches are always bare bones where one has to decide which two games they want to buy with the system (well on average I buy two games, some people buy more at launch) and I picked up Red Steel and Zelda.

These days however (with the exception of maybe Metroid Prime series) a FPS *must* have some multi player to keep me entertained.

#11 Sofa King Kool   Is srsly... CAGiversary!   4453 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Sofa King Kool

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:09 AM

The tech demo was great IMO. Also, that robot/alien thing in the screen shot looked really cool.

Really hope this doesn't suck. The Wii could definitely use some awesome FPS games.

#12 AmigoOne   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   252 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

AmigoOne

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:33 AM

Negative attitudes and low sales for this will just have more games be shit ports for the wii... These guys are publicly saying what all of us on the forums have been saying, that the 3rd party developers are scared and lazy and all that jazz. If they flop, not only will it be embarrassing as hell for them, we can also expect nothing third will be coming to the wii that isn't a port or some shallow thing.

#13 RelentlessRolento   Conversation Comedy CAGiversary!   29351 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

RelentlessRolento

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:31 AM

looks like it's 50/50, but at least it's original and probably better than most Wii games.

#14 bmulligan   I am not a number CAGiversary!   6078 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:39 AM

FPS's on the Wii just don't cut it. Yeah, MP3 was a decent game, but mostly because it's predecessors were decent games. The waggle and aiming didn't really add much to the game. In fact, it took away from the game because of having to constantly point the damn controller at the screen the whole time. After about an hour, it's just too much of a pain in the ass to have to keep your arm in the air with the mote aimed at the screen constantly. Every FPS is just to goddamned tiring because of this.

#15 glitterpunk   SHAQFUSHAQFUSHAQFU CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

glitterpunk

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:07 AM

FPS's on the Wii just don't cut it. Yeah, MP3 was a decent game, but mostly because it's predecessors were decent games. The waggle and aiming didn't really add much to the game. In fact, it took away from the game because of having to constantly point the damn controller at the screen the whole time. After about an hour, it's just too much of a pain in the ass to have to keep your arm in the air with the mote aimed at the screen constantly. Every FPS is just to goddamned tiring because of this.

Did you actually play MP3? If you had, you might have figured out that there's no reason to keep your arm suspended in midair (except perhaps stupidity).

#16 Kaijufan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9848 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:10 AM

The screenshots of the game look like it's still pretty early in development and the art style isn't the greatest I've ever seen, but the tech demo looks amazing. Hopefully Wii developers start using this engine.

Hopefully the game will pick up a publisher and it turns out to be good. The Wii needs more FPSs.

#17 bmulligan   I am not a number CAGiversary!   6078 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:55 PM

Did you actually play MP3? If you had, you might have figured out that there's no reason to keep your arm suspended in midair (except perhaps stupidity).

Yes, I played it and while you ddon't have to have your hand in mid-air, it's still tedious to have it constantly pointed at the screen. I have the same problem wiith splinter cell. It's just a pain in the ass to me.

#18 CombatCraig   Now a Wii-60 Owner CAGiversary!   1040 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

CombatCraig

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:07 PM

I dunno I think it looks pretty good to me. I LOVED MP3 so I would be willing to try another FPS on the Wii. Some wiggle/waggle is OK as long as it works and it doesn't take away from other parts of the game.

IMO the graphics looks pretty great for a Wii game. They aren't the best ever but no one bought the Wii for its graphics power.

I'd like to see/hear more about it in the future.

#19 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1738 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:07 PM

Yes, I played it and while you ddon't have to have your hand in mid-air, it's still tedious to have it constantly pointed at the screen. I have the same problem wiith splinter cell. It's just a pain in the ass to me.

It sounds like your setup is just not suited for this style of gameplay. I'm thinking that your tv is either mounted or just generally elevated. I have mine about level with my couch and I can aim fine with my hands resting on my lap.

#20 Snake2715   Gotta Have Your Toys... CAGiversary!   8551 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:22 PM

I am interested and I hope they can get some decent reviews.

Its almost as if this game is announced to demo their engine...

#21 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16520 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:55 PM

We'll have to disagree, since I found the controls to be infinitely more precise and intuitive on the Wii. I played Gears (or Halo, can't remember) with my brother-in-law shortly after playing MP3, and I felt like I didn't know what the hell I was doing (partly because I hold the nunchuk in my right hand, but dual analog controls have you aiming with your right thumb).

The engine looks generally impressive. The screens don't make it look like the next coming of Christ, but relative to everything else not developed by Nintendo, I don't see how someone could complain.

#22 prisonerac   Yes ... DAISY! CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

Well I am interested. I am a sucker for sci-fi fps especially with wii controls on par or better than MP3. Judging from the screens looks like wii has its Halo 1 killer (Joke) :)

#23 trq   I *am* the reinforcements CAGiversary!   2365 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:27 AM

Well, I'd say the graphics have potential. I'll have to see it in motion, of course, but the screens look clean and there's some nice bump-mapping in there.

And the devs *do* have a lot of experience: just on licensed titles, as far as I can tell. For example, they did the Hunter: the Reckoning games, and (cough, cough) 50 Cent: Bulletproof. This is their first IP of their own, so this *could* be a break-out title for them. I'm gonna go with Rolento and give it 50/50.

#24 The Crotch   There are ten sticks of dynamite waiting for you. CAGiversary!   14940 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:45 AM

They did the Hunter games?

Hmm. Those were... mediocre. I'm expecting the same here.

#25 PhoenixT   This space reserved CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

PhoenixT

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:33 AM

OK why is it everyone throws MP3 in with FPS games when they want to on this board and call it a FPA when it suits them. MP3 is NOT a FPS game at ALL. Its a great game don't get me wrong but shooting enemies was very secondary in the game it was more about exploration than anything else. I'd love to see a great shooter on the Wii(even though its not why I got the system) but I"m not holding my breath on this one till I see more.

#26 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22543 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:35 AM

It looks kinda cool.. but I just don't see any shooting game playing well on the Wii. It's a bitch to always have the Wiimote pointed at the screen too. I liked how RE4 was handled.

#27 rgd2blck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:48 AM

These days however (with the exception of maybe Metroid Prime series) a FPS *must* have some multi player to keep me entertained.

I have a similar stance. The requirements for me to buy an FPS are, in order of importance:

1) Great controls
2) Great multiplayer -or- great storyline
3) Don't look like crap

MP3 fit 1 2 and 3 nicely and I was happy with the purchase as an FPS for the Wii.

With that said, these screenshots remind me of HL2, and I think that's a good thing:

Posted Image

Posted Image

If the controls are sharp (yay for IR aiming, boo for waggle) and the story and/or multiplayer deliver, then I'm buying it.

#28 RelentlessRolento   Conversation Comedy CAGiversary!   29351 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

RelentlessRolento

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:59 AM

I actually find single player aspects of shooters keep me more occupied than the multiplayer. I've spent dozens of hours in Timeplitters' (all of them) mini side missions and games.

#29 glitterpunk   SHAQFUSHAQFUSHAQFU CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

glitterpunk

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:19 AM

I actually find single player aspects of shooters keep me more occupied than the multiplayer. I've spent dozens of hours in Timeplitters' (all of them) mini side missions and games.

Yup. Much as I love blasting the hell out of my buddies, I absolutely prefer single-player FPSs. Maybe I just played too much Goldeneye back in the day, but aside from Timesplitters I've gotten pretty damn bored with the multiplayer side of the genre; especially when compared to works of art like the Half-Life series.

#30 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16520 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:44 PM

I don't think it's been mentioned, but for those interested, the engine they're building does have online functionality built in, with lobbies and the like.