[Canada] Few Crazy EB Price Drops

Arcturian

CAGiversary!
As of yesterday (April 19) in Fredericton, NB the two EBs here reduced the following NEW games to the following RIDICULOUSLY LOW prices. please note I have listed the game's titles, system, price, and a symbol which indicates with which emotion you should respond to said prices.

Stranglehold CE:360 - $15.00 (!)
Spiderman: Friend or Foe - $10.00 (forget which system) (?...)
Chibi Robo: Park Patrol:DS - $10.00 (!!)
uhhh other actually good games which I am forgetting right now.

I bought El Strangleholdo for this price, mmhmm.

ROCK AND ROLL

That's a pretty good price for Stranglehold. I'll probably tell my buddy to pick up a copy (he couldn't stop playing the demo). Hopefully this will be on in GTA. Also, were these prices for used copies or new copies? I'm assuming used, but one can hope.

This is the kind of deal that will stay exclusive to CAG.

If it was on RFD, there will already be multiple post regarding BBV's TIV and how some a@@hole drove to 5 EBs so he can buy like 10 copies of each game. NOT COOL.

[quote name='Arcturian']As of yesterday (April 19) in Fredericton, NB the two EBs here reduced the following NEW games to the following RIDICULOUSLY LOW prices. please note I have listed the game's titles, system, price, and a symbol which indicates with which emotion you should respond to said prices.

Stranglehold CE:360 - $15.00 (!)
Spiderman: Friend or Foe - $10.00 (forget which system) (?...)
Chibi Robo: Park Patrol:DS - $10.00 (!!)
uhhh other actually good games which I am forgetting right now.

I bought El Strangleholdo for this price, mmhmm.

ROCK AND ROLL[/quote]

Come, on! remember.....!

I actually loved Chibi robo on gc...
Ill give stranglehold and Spiderman a try at those prices....

I'll have to see if they have any copies of Stranglehold. I almost bought it for 2/40 at Rogers yesterday, so this would be much better!

360, all $10, forgot to ask about PS3 silly of me considering I own one...

Madden 07
March Madness 07
WWE 2007
Two Worlds
Project Sylpheed
Superman
Spider-Man 3
Spider-Man FoF
Stranglehold CE is $15

Can't think of the rest. Picked up Stranglehold CE and FoF (easy 1000 ach points). Thanks OP.

[quote name='darkandlong'] FoF (easy 1000 ach points). Thanks OP.[/quote]
Actually, 925 are easy, but take a TON of pain to get through.
The last 75 point achievement takes like 10 plays of the last level, which would be horrible (I couldn't do it).

[quote name='darkandlong']360, all $10, forgot to ask about PS3 silly of me considering I own one...

Madden 07
March Madness 07
WWE 2007
Two Worlds
Project Sylpheed
Superman
Spider-Man 3
Spider-Man FoF
Stranglehold CE is $15

Can't think of the rest. Picked up Stranglehold CE and FoF (easy 1000 ach points). Thanks OP.[/quote]

fof is 925 cake points if you have the penny guide! screw the last 75 i traded that game in already

Is this all across Canada? I'd pick up FoF and stranglehold for sure. But even more I'd love to PM at FS.
Project Sylpheed any good by the way?

[quote name='Spades22']Is this all across Canada? I'd pick up FoF and stranglehold for sure. But even more I'd love to PM at FS.
Project Sylpheed any good by the way?[/quote]
No, but apparently people are still buying FoF, so I guess my opinion doesn't matter.
I'd say get 5 copies of Sylpheed over Spiderman:Fof.
Sylpheed: 4/10
Spiderman:FoF 2/10

Azumangaman changed his Azumanga avatar. That's not very Azumangamanly of him.
I tried the Sylpheed demo and it confused the heck outta me ._.;

Looks like it's time to pick up the formerly-Walmart-only-in-US-now-on-Amazon.com, Chibi Robo DS.

Prey Limited Edition was also $15 (or was it $10, I can't remember)

All Pro Football 2K8 (360, PS3) was $10 I believe.

[quote name='Rex']Prey Limited Edition was also $15 (or was it $10, I can't remember)

All Pro Football 2K8 (360, PS3) was $10 I believe.[/quote]

Those are the ones I forgot, thanks.

All-Pro football is fun for 10 bucks, I seriously considered repurchasing it but wussed out. Too many games to play.

Thanks for the heads up OP.
I picked up Stranglehold, FoF, and Prey Collector's Edition used for 7.99
After my gift certificate it only came to 16 bucks.

Prey is 15 new

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']Thanks for the heads up OP.
I picked up Stranglehold, FoF, and Prey Collector's Edition used for 7.99
After my gift certificate it only came to 16 bucks.

Prey is 15 new[/quote]

Is that Prey:CE for $15 new or Prey reg.?

Yeah, I just saw some of these deals at EB today. Stranglehold is a fun Max Payne clone and is a great buy for 15 bucks. =)

ALSO, if I recall correctly, I think I saw The Darkness (360) for 15 new and 10 used.
The Darkness (PS3) for 20 new.

[quote name='craig64']Two Worlds too? Okay, I'll have to check this out. I can't pass that up for $10.[/quote]

You should pass it up, even at that price. It's just an awful, awful, awful game. A very pale and unoriginal copy of Oblivion. It's not even worth 5$. Maybe 2$, since it gives you a original green Xbox dvd case, but thats it.

Thanks OP. I haven't played my ds in a long time (thanks to the recent amazing releases for the psp), I decided to pick up chibi robo for the ds. Thanks again OP:applause:

[quote name='gamer602']1 more...
The BIGS PS3! ($9.89)

OP, can you update the OP with the new titles?

DAYS THIS DEAL HAS STAYED CAG EXCLUSIVE: 2![/quote]

Welp...I'm gonna hope for one more day because I've had 2 back-to-back exams (Yesterday evening and this morning) so I haven't been able to stop by an EB. I shall try tomorrow and pick up some of these games for myself, I hope I can still find a Stranglehold CE (PS3). :D

These price drops will work great with the 25% off used Xbox 360 games coupon that was in Friday's newsletter. Especially since the coupon works *with* your Edge card, giving a total discount of 35% off! :)

Going to go pickup the Darkness ($9.99 used - 35% = $6.50!) and hopefully a copy of either Prey or Project Slypheed.

I was buying Stranglehold CE at my local EB Games when one of the clerks said aloud "I wonder why it's so cheap." Another clerk, who felt quite clever and witty, whispered in his ear "Coz it sucks MAN!".

Well... if this is just a sample of what these clerks thinks of videogames... I wonder what they sell to the unsuspecting customers...

[quote name='ProfNut']I was buying Stranglehold CE at my local EB Games when one of the clerks said aloud "I wonder why it's so cheap." Another clerk, who felt quite clever and witty, whispered in his ear "Coz it sucks MAN!".

Well... if this is just a sample of what these clerks thinks of videogames... I wonder what they sell to the unsuspecting customers...[/quote]

I never go into EB, no customer service whatsoever, and "witty" remarks like that all the time. I went into a downtown one once, there's about 10 people there, all looking around, and four university retards just standing there talking about pot and cellphones. Disgusting.

I go into the one in my neighborhood regularly, but only 'cause there's a few decent guys there.

Picked up Two Worlds (7.99 Used, prices weren't updated so check with the clerk. Collectors edition used is still 34.99)

and Stranglehold SE new. 14.95.

BTW Assassin's Creed trade-in value was still $30.00.

AC has 30$ TIV at EB??! That's pretty sweet...I can get 3 games for that :p

haha somehow missed the player review posted on the first page before for FoF. Then I looked at IGN's and the game looks pretty crappy. I bet it would just be fun to zoom through with a friend (or 3? if its allowed) and grab some GP. Then I could maybe use it as a water frisbie or something...not bad for 10$.

Oh ya and whats better, Madden 07 or All pro football 2k8? I'm in the mood for a football game lately...

bread's done
Back