CAG PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Night [On Indefinite Hold]

AllahBomber

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
CAG PS3 UT3 Night is on hold indefinitely.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure to check the "Requirements" section below.
Schedule
Date: TBD
Server: CAG
Pass: cag
Time: 9:30 PM EST / 6:30 PM PST
Keyboard/Mouse: Allowed
Mic: If you don't have one, get one

Mode: TBD
Maps: See "Requirements" below
Instructions
Joining the server:
1. Load up UT3
2. Go to multiplayer
3. When searching for a game search via the game type. Also make sure you set locked servers to Yes since the server is password protected.
4. Find the server by name, it will be called CAG
5. The password is always cag
6. Join game and frag people!

If you can't see the server, make sure you're using the right game mode for that night. If everything checks out but you're still running into issues, add someone who's a regular to your UT3 friends list (separate from PSN), then go to "Community > Friends" and 'follow' them. You will still need to enter the password.

Weekly:
NEW=Everyone needs to download, even regularly attending players
OLD=Regulars probably have these, newer players probably don't. Everyone needs to verify though!
(Mod Browser)=Map is available directly from the Mod Browser, but a link is provided as a backup.
Persistent:
(Needed every week except during Bombing Run)

Official Map Pack (PSN Store)

This is a single download, but it includes:
  • DM Facing Worlds
  • DM Morbias
  • CTF Searchlight
Official Titan Pack (PSN Store)

• DM Dark Match
  • DM Eden, Inc.
  • DM Koos Barge
  • DM Lost Cause
  • DM Ocean Relic
  • DM Turbine
  • CTF Morbid
  • CTF Nano Black
  • CTF Shaft
  • VCTF Rails
  • VCTF Stranded
  • VCTF Suspense Necris
  • WAR Hostile
  • WAR Confrontation
  • WAR Cold Harbor
  • WAR Downtown Necris
Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 1 (Mod Browser)

• DM August
  • DM Endura
  • DM Hong Kong
  • DM Salvation
  • DM IronMaiden2
  • CTF Touch
  • VCTF TheDig
  • WAR Airlock
Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 2 (Mod Browser)

• DM Decay
  • DM Solar
  • DM Thor
  • CTF Agonas
  • CTF Arean
  • CTF The Excavation
  • CTF Krodan
  • CTF Morgoth
  • CTF Vengeance
  • WAR CBP3 Meditation
Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 2 - Characters (Mod Browser)

• WarMachine
  • Kat
Mods/Mutators
PCSpeedX (Install this the same as any user content)

Tutorial for getting user content:
Note: You can only save 1 JAM file to a device at a time and you can NOT rename the JAM or change the extension in any way. Community Bonus Packs are available directly within the Mod Browser so you may skip these steps for those.
1. Download JAM file to external memory card/usb flash drive in the ROOT directory (this is the parent directory, i.e. in windows the first window that pops up when you double click the drive)
2. Insert memory card/flash drive into ps3
3. Load up UT3
4. Go to Community
5. Go to Mod Browser
6. Hit Square to get a list of available external devices
7. Pick the appropriate device where the content is
8. When selected, UT3 will transfer the file and install it
9. Rinse, repeat

Downloads in Limbo:
Keep an eye on this section for future dates!
Items listed here are not required this week.
* DM SteamTemple (Mod Browser)
* DM Downpour (1.0)
* DM Fragpipe2k8 (1.0)
* DM Campgrounds2k8 - 2 to 6 (1.0)
* DM Tokay Towers (1.0)
* CTF React (Mod Browser)
* CTF Dreary3 (1.0)
* CTF Haco (1.0)
* CTF Safeguard (Mod Browser)
* VCTF Mega Structure SE (Mod Browser)

Bombing Run
For people who are interested in playing Bombing Run. It's a game type where you try to run the ball through the enemy's goal/portal thing, or you can also shoot it through. Running nets more points though. You can't shoot weapons while holding the ball, can only shoot the ball.
Unfortunately, since Bombing Run is a completely different game type, no other maps can be used except the ones below. So, you'll need to download all of these files to play it:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job with the first posts and I want to wish you all the best with CAG UT3 night. As of right now it isn't needed, but down the road, it would be best to put a PS3 icon logo in front of the main post, or put "PS3" just before "Night", to indicate it's the PS3 version (to eliminate confusion on the forum front page).

Some stuff I told you via PM, but I made a post regarding setting up game nights and such (like info I need):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4246790&postcount=327

As a warning, your first and second night may not be too successful, with only a few showing up (I've been there before), but you just gotta keep at it and more will definitely come, since they can see it's pretty serious.

I just saw this after posting on the other thread asking about set night and such. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to these nights as I work during those hours.

I know GTAIV will take over sundays, and I won't be able to show up to that either since I'm not picking up the game right away. After throwing money away on R6V2, I wait to get 3rd party developed titles to make sure everything is solid, including the online.

[quote name='Projekt2501']I just saw this after posting on the other thread asking about set night and such. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to these nights as I work during those hours.

I know GTAIV will take over sundays, and I won't be able to show up to that either since I'm not picking up the game right away. After throwing money away on R6V2, I wait to get 3rd party developed titles to make sure everything is solid, including the online.[/quote]

what hours do you work on Monday/Weekdays?

Are character mods okay? Also...I assume everyone's going to use a Controller and not KB/M.

They fixed the Microphone glitch, right?

[quote name='KingBroly']Are character mods okay? Also...I assume everyone's going to use a Controller and not KB/M.

They fixed the Microphone glitch, right?[/quote]

Character mods should be fine. I'm not sure how they work with respect to not everyone having them. I'll post a list and links to required extra stuff outside of the base game stuff we'll need for the coming CAG nights.

The microphone is supposed to be fixed in the patch, but from my pub playing experience I haven't heard anyone talk. I'd be up for trying it out on CAG night though or earlier if anyone wants.

KB/M vs. Controller. I grew up playing with a kb/m, so that's what I use for UT3 and one of the big reasons I got it. If a majority have serious qualms with it, we can discuss it after the first CAG night.

Wooo. About time. The DLC should be mandatory. It's free so if you have the game there's no reason why you shouldn't have it. I can't wait to see how our first night goes.

[quote name='Blackout542']Wooo. About time. The DLC should be mandatory. It's free so if you have the game there's no reason why you shouldn't have it. I can't wait to see how our first night goes.[/quote]

I agree, free easy to get DLC should be mandatory. As for the user created content I'm still iffy and a definite no on the first night. I'm really going to see how it fares and take it from there. There are definitely some great dm maps I've looked at in the past two days or so I'd love to throw in the map rotation as well as try out some of the mutators. We'll probably be voting from week to week what people want to play. I'll probably just try things the first few weeks. On top of it all user content is sort of a PITA to install.

I should be around tonight...I kinda hate Deathmatch but I may pop-on just to help pad everyone's kill numbers.

[quote name='hone']TMK gave me the okay to start UT3 nights on Mondays.[/quote]

LOL. Did you have to kiss the ring? :roll:

[quote name='bmachine']I should be around tonight...I kinda hate Deathmatch but I may pop-on just to help pad everyone's kill numbers.

LOL. Did you have to kiss the ring? :roll:[/quote]

You didn't know that Mana was the PS3 CAG Night Godfather? Gotta kiss the ring dude and get your blessings! On a more serious note, it just reserves a spot so we're not competing with other games that night for hopefully higher attendance.

I picked dm over other stuff (dm 'cept dueling isn't my favorite mode) mostly because it's the most accessible on the first night. I'm not really sure how attendance is going to pan out either. I think it'll really be a hit or miss, but based on that, the active players can help steer the nights into something everyone would like is my plan. I'm hoping to do other modes besides dm in the future.

[quote name='hone']I picked dm over other stuff (dm 'cept dueling isn't my favorite mode) mostly because it's the most accessible on the first night. I'm not really sure how attendance is going to pan out either. I think it'll really be a hit or miss, but based on that, the active players can help steer the nights into something everyone would like is my plan. I'm hoping to do other modes besides dm in the future.[/quote]

No worries...you certainly don't have to cater to my tastes!

I'm an "enthusiastically mediocre" gamer and I tend to play better with team objectives rather than every-man-for-himself games, so I favor TDM and VCTF over regular 'ole DM.

I'm just grateful that we're playing!

We gotta make sure we all have each other on our buddy lists.

I am interested, but cannot make a 9:00 PM EST start time. I am west coast and typically work until 6:00 PM PST (so 9:00 EST). Perhaps I can look to hop on when I get home? How long do you think you will be online...things like eating and such may push me back even later...

But yeah, this should be great for people who are able to join in!

I'm thinking 9:30pm EST or 10pm EST may be good in the future, to get the people from the west coast in. 9:30pm EST is a perfect time IMO for games; however, since it's not a 00 time, people tend to show up at 10pm or 9pm (from my experience).

[quote name='ecmazza']I am interested, but cannot make a 9:00 PM EST start time. I am west coast and typically work until 6:00 PM PST (so 9:00 EST). Perhaps I can look to hop on when I get home? How long do you think you will be online...things like eating and such may push me back even later...

But yeah, this should be great for people who are able to join in![/quote]

I'm not entirely sure how long it's going to be since it's the first night, but COD4 nights usually last about an hour and Warhawk longer. For the map rotation I have of 10 mins per map * 8 maps = 80 mins or so probably a bit longer. I think the rotation will hopefully loop if we hit an end and people are still there.

[quote name='Blackout542']We gotta make sure we all have each other on our buddy lists.[/quote]

UT3 is one of the games where you've got to maintain a separate list in the game, right? It doesn't carry over from the XMB list, for some dumb reason.

Regardless, I'll add you to both of mine. Hone's already on there!

[quote name='bmachine']UT3 is one of the games where you've got to maintain a separate list in the game, right? It doesn't carry over from the XMB list, for some dumb reason.

Regardless, I'll add you to both of mine. Hone's already on there![/quote]

I'm pretty sure it pulls from xmb. I haven't tried "inviting" people outside of the xmb list, but people from xmb who login on I think get auto added. I know messaging in ut3 is kept separate.

I sent you guys who posted in this thread buddy invites.

These CAG nights should be great because I can expand my stats. I usually only play a couple matches at a time but these longer sessions should work really well.

Ironically enough, I jumped on the UT3 $39.99 deal at Amazon, so I may very well get this in the mail today. If I do, I'll jumped on for sure (and likely get wiped out in the process). No microphone for me though.

My PS3 tag is MrDiamondJ.

[quote name='KingBroly']I plan on playing...for a couple matches at least.

EDIT: Are character mods okay?[/quote]

character mods should be ok.

Everyone was warping all over the place for me. That 437 ping I saw sure didn't help.

I'll play next week if the ping number comes down dramatically. I think I was holding my own in that second game. First game...the only one with a character mod...I sure do stand out.

sorry about the ping, my g/f was actually streaming stuff I didn't realize. She stopped after you left, so like 4th round. How's everyone's ping though? good/bad/playable? If we have to we can shop around for hosts, someone else can host next week.

lol man hone you killed me lots of times, man dude awsome game we had, sorry but i got really tired im very sore from my triceps and such. im looking foward to play with you guys every monday :)

I keep trying to get on but it keeps saying "Error: Connection to Server was lost." Now I get "Connection Failed".

My ping is 361.

We had some pretty good games. That last one turned into a rocket fest:D

I really didn't encounter any lag. It was smooth the whole time.

Thanks to all the people who showed. I think this is the complete list of everyone who connected in no order. Tell me if I got your psn name wrong or if I forgot you :( bad me if I did.
* jman4482
* randy_wrecked
* prince916(sp?)
* kelvun4eva(sp?)
* SolidShady
* KingBroly
* BigTuna89
* EmoneyTVS

Also, the connection is probably not so great for west coast people because I'm on the east coast. Any thoughts on this week would be great feedback for deciding what we do next week. How was the server, map rotation (didn't know there was voting), were the maps too big/small? Do people want to do deathmatch next week? Later or earlier time? Again thanks to everyone who showed. I had a blast. I know I had an unfair ping advantage and on different circumstances I'd definitely win less. =D

I couldn't stay for long but I had a blast! Thanks for pulling it together, Hone.

[quote name='KingBroly']Everyone was warping all over the place for me. That 437 ping I saw sure didn't help.[/quote]

I experienced the same thing on the first map, but it was much better by the second and third.

[quote name='jman619']Was nice for a first night. I'm not use to deathmacth like I am capture the flag. I had a good time.[/quote]

Ditto...I wasn't looking forward to playing DM but I think I held my own fairly well! Would definitely love to play some CTF and VCTF in the coming weeks. If we can get enough people with headsets we should definitely lay into the Warfare maps!

[quote name='silks']I keep trying to get on but it keeps saying "Error: Connection to Server was lost." Now I get "Connection Failed".

My ping is 361.[/quote]

On the 2nd message it's probably because I took the server down after everyone left. Sorry you couldn't get in on the action. If you want we could try doing some connection tests later this week.

I thought it was a lot of fun, even if I suck pretty bad at UT... I think starting a little later next week would be better, maybe even just 30 mins, but I can always just join later too, so whatever should work.

Oh yeah, and I always like deathmatch, but some team-deathmatch or CTF could be fun too (at least if voice works - I had my BT on tonight and did not hear anything, so I dunno)

i encountered small lag but nothing big. im in texas, and well it rains alot here, so yeah maybe the wind that contributed to the small lag i got. had fun thu tonight

[quote name='hone']On the 2nd message it's probably because I took the server down after everyone left. Sorry you couldn't get in on the action. If you want we could try doing some connection tests later this week.[/quote]

Sure man! Name the place and time. Should I send a friend request from within Unreal or in the XMB? The way the UT3 handles the friend list is confusing. I actually got a friend request from somebody I was playing, but I didn't see it show up in the Unreal friend list or the XMB. Weird.

I'm on the East Coast BTW (Atlanta), so the pings I was getting (300's and 400's) were suprising.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Screw you guys. Where were you 4 months ago?

Guess I'm gonna try track down a cheap copy ......[/quote]

haha you seem bitter sb =D yeah I didn't pick this up until a few days ago, last thursday. The last day of the GS coupon.

[quote name='silks']Sure man! Name the place and time. Should I send a friend request from within Unreal or in the XMB? The way the UT3 handles the friend list is confusing. I actually got a friend request from somebody I was playing, but I didn't see it show up in the Unreal friend list or the XMB. Weird.

I'm on the East Coast BTW (Atlanta), so the pings I was getting (300's and 400's) were suprising.[/quote]

yeah same here for the friend request via ut3. It happened during cag night and I didn't add him before he left, so now I don't know who it is. xmb is probably safer even though my list is getting pretty full. I'll have to prune it.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Screw you guys. Where were you 4 months ago?[/quote]

LOL...I was playing UT3 4 months ago! Picked it up on day one.

You should definitely get in on this.

[quote name='bmachine']LOL...I was playing UT3 4 months ago! Picked it up on day one.

You should definitely get in on this.[/quote]

has the population gone down since 4 moths ago?

[quote name='silks']Sure man! Name the place and time. Should I send a friend request from within Unreal or in the XMB? The way the UT3 handles the friend list is confusing. I actually got a friend request from somebody I was playing, but I didn't see it show up in the Unreal friend list or the XMB. Weird.

I'm on the East Coast BTW (Atlanta), so the pings I was getting (300's and 400's) were suprising.[/quote]

what time are you usually available? My schedule varies from school, but it's not too busy of a week, I should be able to do something. We could duel while we're at it too.

Alright lads. Just cos I like some of you guys, I might be swinging to a UT3 night sometime soon ...... just probably not the next one.

Maybe the one after that though. ;)

bread's done
Back