* * * * * 6 votes

What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

PSN PS+ PlayStation Plus PlayStation Network PlayStation 3 PS3 PlayStation Vita Vita PSP PlayStation Store

#7291 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62982 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:37 AM

Question - If you buy PSN points cards from Amazon do they send you a code like they do for their own gift cards or do they send a physical card?

Yeah, they sell codes.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B004RMK4P8/
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B004RMK4BC/

The 12th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Contest Now Live - Enter Before 3/17! 

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#7292 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17508 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:48 AM

I'm probably in for Outland. I kind of want Magic TG: Planeswalkers too, but eh....

#7293 Maklershed   Feed me a stray cat CAGiversary!   34088 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:30 AM

Yeah, they sell codes.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B004RMK4P8/
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B004RMK4BC/

Sweetness thanks

#7294 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8434 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:36 AM

if you want magicthe gathering dotP, psn+ has 2011 for free. 2012 for $8.
i heard you can customize your decks, i guess you couldnt with 2011?

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#7295 MSI Magus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8156 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:42 AM

if you want magicthe gathering dotP, psn+ has 2011 for free. 2012 for $8.
i heard you can customize your decks, i guess you couldnt with 2011?

You def couldnt with 2011, I would have swore I heard you still couldnt with 2012 too. Can someone confirm one way or the other. People could consider deck "customization" being the same crap in the first game I guess though. In the first you had a set deck of 40 or 60 or whatever cards, but then every time you won a match you got a new card...their idea of customization was that you could chose to have that card in your deck or keep it out but never edit the existing cards out nor have tons of options.

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#7296 Halo05   DJ Roomba CAGiversary!   7924 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:56 AM

You still can't with 2012. Fucking Wizards of the Coast and their shitty Magic Online system...

I'm absolutely appalled that Microprose made an amazing MTG game back in 1997 and in the pursuit of suckers with disposable money for virtual cards, Wizards of the Coast developed Magic Online.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#7297 Narcisstalker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Narcisstalker

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:46 AM

In the original Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers you can add unlocked cards to the pre-made decks but you can not remove cards other than those same unlocked ones.

In Magic 2012 you can add and remove both unlocked and core cards from the pre-made decks.

Neither of the games allow for full-on deck customization and the number of lands are dealt with automatically.

After putting many hours into both the PC and PS3 versions of the original DotP I'm just not feeling like purchasing 2012 even at 20% off. I do like the changes but I'm leaning towards picking it up on sale once some or all of the DLC is packaged with the core game.

#7298 Survivor Charlie   Paragon of Virtue CAGiversary!   859 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Survivor Charlie

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

There's too many lands per a deck. It gets annoying.

#7299 MSI Magus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8156 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

There's too many lands per a deck. It gets annoying.

Agreed. These decks are filled with junk cards and lands. It means you draw a land every 2 or 3 turns but 90% of the cards have a 2 or 3 casting cost meaning that your constantly playing cards with a mana cost far less then the mana you have available to you. It also means things can reduce to a luck fest since its a matter of who gets one of the rare awesome cards in the deck to turn the tides.

All that said its still a good and enjoyable game. It may not be the best magic simulator, but its still a fun game. Personally I use it as a fill in while I exercise. We have a sit down exercise bike and while you cant play a FPSer or some action intensive game while riding you can play something like this magic card game. Makes it much more enjoyable to exercise when I get to play a few hands of cards(or culdcept or a turn based RPG)and have a podcast or movie going on netflix at the same time.

If you are going to play this game and do nothing else you may get bored with it really fast. But as a blow a bit of time game while you exercise or watch a movie(that you dont want to actively watch)with the wife, its great!

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner

#7300 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8485 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

Bought MTG I am just glad that you can add/remove core cards this time. Now I can keep 60 card decks :D.

Did not see that outland was up, but I have to download the demo tonight.

125063.png808669.png
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#7301 tokyoterror   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

tokyoterror

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

I couldn't find the Alice demo in the EU store, anyone find it? know the location? Also, I went and madee a EU and JPN accounts and realized that you arent able to get the welcome back packages if accounts are created after April 21st...bummed to say the least. Anyone know of a way to "trick" the network to thinking you singned up eailer? The other regions have a good anount of demos, videos and themes to DL, so if your into thoes things its cool to check out, plus its cool to check out home and see how the other parts for the world lives.

#7302 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   6565 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:56 PM

This was a pretty lame week for demos and sales. I usually pick up at least one demo (that I dont touch till weeks later). Outland didnt look appealing enough for me.

<I must be the only person on PSN who doesnt switch between regions>

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#7303 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5163 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

Tried to reset my PSN account's password through Playstation's website, said the site was down for maintence. Hopefully I'll be able to reset my password soon, didn't work through my PS3 for some reason a week or so ago. I'll try again later tonight on my PS3.

Are there any other ways to reset PSN passwords besides Playstation's website or through the consoles/portables? Thanks ahead.

#7304 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62982 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:42 PM

http://blog.us.plays...for-ps3-owners/

Sony's now offering a six month trial for Music Unlimited instead of the old 30 day trial. I think the only restriction is that it's not available for those that already tried it out.

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#7305 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62982 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:54 PM

http://www.qriocity.com/us/en/

Sign in under where it says Manage Account and you should be able to change your password there.

#7306 Halo05   DJ Roomba CAGiversary!   7924 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

I'd probably be there with you if it weren't for Japanese PSOne games on their PSN. There's still some tiny, forever-teenaged part of me that will always think it's cool to play obscure JP games that won't make it out in the US. The rise of the import section in the US store has sort of made my interest null and void but some stuff like Firepro Wrestling G will never make it out of Japan.

The European store randomly has some cool stuff but I think much of it runs at the wrong speed thanks to the 50/60 Mhz difference. I was playing their Streets of Rage 2 (thanks to my month of European PS+) and it runs very slowly while the US one that I played yesterday seemed fine.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#7307 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   6565 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:59 AM

I'm not even sure how to switch regions. Do I just make a new account/user on my :ps3: and tell it I live in Japan or Europe?

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#7308 uncle5555   Grumpy Veteran CAG CAGiversary!   1417 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:21 AM

I couldn't find the Alice demo in the EU store, anyone find it? know the location? Also, I went and madee a EU and JPN accounts and realized that you arent able to get the welcome back packages if accounts are created after April 21st...bummed to say the least. Anyone know of a way to "trick" the network to thinking you singned up eailer?

Out of curiosity, have you not read this thread or the other one when it was asked and stated a few oh...hundred times that it had to be set up before April 21st? :booty::lol:

Just sayin...plus you're not going to "trick" the system, so I wouldn't bother.

(Still can't believe at this point not everyone who uses a PS3 regularly doesn't have a account for multiple regions.) O_o

I stand corrected, hehe... :lol:

I'm not even sure how to switch regions. Do I just make a new account/user on my :ps3: and tell it I live in Japan or Europe?

There's probably loads of tutorials on Youtube by now for them, it's fairly painless, I did it back in 2007 and never thought it was very hard to do. Anyway good luck.
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#7309 MSI Magus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8156 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:29 AM

How many decks are in 2012? I want to buy it but cant quite bring myself to.

#7310 Halo05   DJ Roomba CAGiversary!   7924 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:06 AM

Regarding making profiles for other regions - I honestly don't remember :P Like uncle, I did mine in 2007 and they've just been hanging around on there ever since.

#7311 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62982 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:43 AM

That's pretty much it. Just make a new user and when you sign up for a new account, just pick the country that you want the account to be associated with. Then just fill in the info it asks for, which you can use a Google corporate address if you want to be safe with picking a real address, phone number, etc. It's simple.

#7312 Narcisstalker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Narcisstalker

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:58 AM

Turning on a trial for their music service typically sets auto-funding to on so be aware of that.

#7313 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62982 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:08 AM

From what I've read, auto-renew is automatically turned off for the new trial.

#7314 mkernan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3192 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:13 AM

It appeared to turn on automatic renewal when I signed up today, but its pretty easy to disable it from the services list inside account management.
Posted Image

#7315 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62982 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:29 AM

Really? It specifically states that it doesn't auto-renew.

"At the end of the 180 day free trial your access to the music service will be terminated. This product will not automatically renew into a paid-for subscription."

#7316 mkernan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3192 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:27 PM

There was some wording that said "provided that you have enough funds or have automatic funding turned on, it will renew automatically" or something along those lines. I had to go into account management -> services list -> music unlimited (or qriocity, I forget what it says there) and there was an option to 'disable automatic renewal'. Once I did so, it changed to 'enable automatic renewal'.

So, it certainly was auto-renew for me, but maybe mine was a fluke. Just a heads up though, if you try the trial, definitely go check it out because you'll probably forget to cancel it after 6 months.
Posted Image

#7317 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8485 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:20 AM

Ugh, Magic 2012 is just like 2011, bullshit fucking opponents.

I played 2 games against the first guy on easy and I could not beat him because he pulls out of his ass cards that trump anything I been drawing all game.

Game one- he pulls out some 4/5 monsters I can't do shit against.
Game two- he gets four 4/5 monsters out in one game and I can't do shit because my most powerful monster could only take one out of the 4/5's with a one turn buff.

125063.png808669.png
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#7318 Brimah   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:37 AM

Really? I think I lost one match and just beat the game >_>; (the first campaign, havn't tried the 2 other campaigns yet)

#7319 madbst   Recquiescat In Pace CAGiversary!   762 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:52 AM

Ugh, Magic 2012 is just like 2011, bullshit fucking opponents.

I played 2 games against the first guy on easy and I could not beat him because he pulls out of his ass cards that trump anything I been drawing all game.

Game one- he pulls out some 4/5 monsters I can't do shit against.
Game two- he gets four 4/5 monsters out in one game and I can't do shit because my most powerful monster could only take one out of the 4/5's with a one turn buff.

MTG is like 95% luck. I enjoyed the first game though so I'll be getting this.
Posted Image

Posted Image

^^^ Amazon gift card count so far: $650 ^^^

#7320 lolwut?   Thank you BasedGod CAGiversary!   4331 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:55 AM

Is the Rockstar Pass still 9.99 or did it go up in price?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PS+, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Network, PlayStation 3, PS3, PlayStation Vita, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Store