Unreal Tournament III PC 29.99 at GS

[quote name='Burchamj']http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=42770

29.99 at GS.
32.99 at amazon...[/quote]

Collector's edition same price in-store--I should have gotten it this past weekend, not sure how rare that is becoming. Usually Amazon fire sales the Collector Editions a few months after release.

Is anybody playing this online? I'm looking forward to trying out the PhysX physics on it when nVidia updates the drivers to support that. . .it has a level that supports PhysX.

[quote name='turls']Is anybody playing this online?[/quote]
Not really. Maybe the new price-cut will change things, but Steam sales doesn't seem to be improving the online numbers either.

I got it for $20 brand new at Target with the $5 off coupon. $30 is still a fair price for this though. The gameplay is awesome, and two patches have already come out fixing a whole heap of things. New content was added as well.

It's $30 on Steam, as well, in case anyone cares. The Unreal Deal Pack is now only $45.

It's weird, the way UT3 has tanked, after the years of hype...

Oh well. UT99 is still the greatest, now and forever. I swear to god, I'll still be playing that shit 30 years from now. Morpheus for life.

yes, it is kind of sad. I've been looking forward to playing, and it really had a great push at launch, but it hasn't caught on like previous titles. But who knows, there may be another UT3 (UT3.5?) released at some point. Kind of like how UT2004> UT2003.

UT 2K3 came out at a time when most people didn't have the hardware to play it, either. UT2K4 came out when everyone caught up hardware-wise. It wouldn't surprise me if they did a re-release when UT3's requirements are a bit more mainstream. My x1950 Pro runs its acceptably well, but some of the lighting effects cause lag on certain areas. For DM games, I need my framerate to be extremely smooth, as I don't like to lose battles because my video card lagged in the middle of a firefight.

I loved Vehicle CTF, though. Maybe they just should have held off release until after the onslaught of good games had settled. Say, in March or April of this year. Timing is everything.

The real problem with UT3 is that it feels like 2k4 with just the unreal engine added.

No new guns and the new game play modes kinda stink.

They really phoned this one in.
I think you might be able to get it at target for around 20 dollars.(YMMV)

[quote name='Filbert']Both the regular and collectors editions are $29.99 at amazon now as well.[/QUOTE]

Decisions, decisions... :whistle2:k

I stopped by GS today and found a gutted Collector's Edition for $29. I took it up to the counter and asked if they had all the contents in good condition since the metal case was scratched. Turns out they had two other mint copies, so I nabbed one of those and as an added bonus, they were running a promotion where you get a free copy of Unreal Anthology with purchase of UT3.

They also had a LE of Bioshock that was ripped to hell for $59. How do they expect to sell that crap?

bread's done
Back