(PC) Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures CE $78.99 + Free Ship

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
For anyone interested in the CE of this game, noticed Amazon has it listed for about $11 off MSRP and it of course qualifies for free shipping. Wouldnt suggest pondering too long, Gamestop/EB have already removed the CE from their online store.

http://www.amazon.com/Age-Conan-Hyb..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1209056998&sr=8-1

Additional items included in the Collector's Edition
  • Hand-finished, metal-embossed oversized collector's box with inlay page and individually numbered holographic sticker
  • Leather map of Hyboria (faux) 14" x 20"
  • The Ring of Acheronia (exclusive in-game item)
  • Unique Bonus DVD featuring trailers, behind the scenes, developer diaries, and rich artwork
  • Official Age of Conan soundtrack CD
  • Art Book (128 pages)
  • Five free guest passes giving friends online access to the game for a limited time
  • The Drinking Cape (bonus in-game item)
Exclusive [to Amazon only] Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-order the standard or collector’s edition of "Age of Conan" to receive the in-game Amazon Curved Bow, a hardcover mini-guide to the Conan universe written by Roy Thomas, and an opportunity to participate in the AgeofConan.com 3-day Early Access Program for a $5 fee. While supplies last. See details

I just saw that the regular version of this is going to be $60. There goes any interest in playing that game.

Ok how I about I tell you all about the general beta, the technical betas, and the PvP beta. They were all garbage. This game was unplayable as late as 2 months ago. The combat, crafting, and PvP systems are terrible. The reason the front-end fees on this game are so high is because Funcom knows the game is bad and they want to recoup their losses just in case the fanboys can't float the game.

This game ain't the next WoW. Buying the CE to save and resell later isn't a good idea. Buying/reselling on release day is the only way you'll have a chance of making any money if you're thinking about that. But if you're unwilling to listen to reason and you're going to waste your money then fine. Don't say I didn't warn you.

I had fun in the beta I was in, and I enjoyed the bit of time I spent with it at GenCon indy last year. Its genuinely something different in the world of stale, half-assed WoW clones and NCSoft reusing the same fucking engine for 8 games. But, downside is price and requirements. Most people are gonna need massive upgrades to support it, and then its just expensive. I just recently canceled my collectors edition preorder at GameStop due to I didn't want to pay another 15/month for yet another MMO, aswell as 90 for the box and then any parts my PC needed to run it. Anyways, 360 version is coming out later in the year if anyone here wants to go the route of not needing upgrades, will still have a monthly fee I'm sure, but the game *was* made with a controller in mind.

[quote name='Jeoff']Ok how I about I tell you all about the general beta, the technical betas, and the PvP beta. They were all garbage. This game was unplayable as late as 2 months ago. The combat, crafting, and PvP systems are terrible. The reason the front-end fees on this game are so high is because Funcom knows the game is bad and they want to recoup their losses just in case the fanboys can't float the game.

This game ain't the next WoW. Buying the CE to save and resell later isn't a good idea. Buying/reselling on release day is the only way you'll have a chance of making any money if you're thinking about that. But if you're unwilling to listen to reason and you're going to waste your money then fine. Don't say I didn't warn you.[/quote]

opinion of the game from your experiences in a beta is fine [though flawed and if repeated would result in every MMO being labeled as garbage]. Its just stupid to to thread crap that a Collectors Edition is too much. I think $90 for the GTA CE is a damn joke since its a tiny art book and a CD containing some game music and then some novelty garbage that not even Mcdonalds would pass off in a happy meal but i dont run around to all the threads posting that.

There are of course regular editions for both the 360 and PC priced at $60 and $50 respectively, but since i didnt notice a deal on either but did for the CE, i posted. Sue me. I may be mistaken but i dont see "whats this worth to you?" in the thread title nor in my OP. Personally im on the fence about the game as well. If its not a deal to anyone, then the thread can quietly die. Simple as that.

bread's done
Back