Amazon: Official Nintendo Wii Wheel - $9.99

Thanks OP, ordered one, I will be playing a lot with my Fiancee and I think it will be more fun with the wheel. We play for fun, and the wheel makes it a more interactive experience, so we'll have tons of fun with this!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Hmm.... I might have to bite this. How many wheels does Mario Kart support?[/QUOTE]

All it does is go around your Wiimote in order to steer better. You can use remote (with or without wheel), remote + nunchuk, classic, or gamecube controller.

I really hope I enjoy using the wheel, because this generation I seem to be buying waaaay too many accessories. For $10, though, I may end up biting on this in fear of the price going up :lol:

But I have a Prime account so it's $9.99 + free 2 day shipping. It makes it even better for us Prime people :D

[quote name='blowmefer']Actually, 9.99 is the REAL msrp of the wheel:
http://wii.qj.net/Nintendo-Power-Wii-Wheel-costs-only-US-10/pg/49/aid/117542

Most retailers just want to rape the wii gamers an extra $5 for the hunk of plastic.

Why isn't any retailer offering a FREE (2nd) Genuine Nintendo Wii wheel wheel with purchase of Mario Kart?
It is complete lameness with all the non-deals for buying this game at a specific retailer.....[/QUOTE]

Hmm :whistle2:k EB/GS was the only site I really saw this on and of course it's $15. Still, I don't think $10 is a bad deal. $15 isn't TOO bad actually either, but I know I would not pay more then $10 for this.

[quote name='Giant Enemy Crab']Who on earth would pay $15 for that?[/QUOTE]

It's not that bad. If you try MKWii, like the wheel as form of control and you have at least one other person to play it with + they like the wheel control too, then it's worth it. But $10 is a much easier buy, IMO

It should be $10 at TRU and BB as well. If you don't have Prime and are within a reasonable distance from either, no reason to buy it from Amazon.

[quote name='lilboo']Hmm :whistle2:k EB/GS was the only site I really saw this on and of course it's $15. Still, I don't think $10 is a bad deal. $15 isn't TOO bad actually either, but I know I would not pay more then $10 for this.

It's not that bad. If you try MKWii, like the wheel as form of control and you have at least one other person to play it with + they like the wheel control too, then it's worth it. But $10 is a much easier buy, IMO[/quote]
eb/gs is the only place selling it for 15. they are doing that because they are pushing their own brand of knock-off wheels for 10. they dont even put the nintendo ones out on the shelf. if they did and had them for the same price, nobody would buy their knock-off wheel. :x

[quote name='fatez']eb/gs is the only place selling it for 15. they are doing that because they are pushing their own brand of knock-off wheels for 10. they dont even put the nintendo ones out on the shelf. if they did and had them for the same price, nobody would buy their knock-off wheel. :x[/quote]
They did the same thing when the Zapper came out.

To add to the list - Sears has it for $9.99 too, with $1.99 shipping.

Amazon originally had the Official Nintendo wheel listed for $14.99. They dropped their price a couple days before release and issued $5.00 refunds on preorders which had already been placed. My package arrived Monday however I was out of town...picked it up yesterday. :)

Well after a few days of playing it..I really do like the wheel and so does my bf. I DO prefer the wiimote + nunchuk combo, but it'll be fun for both of us to use a wheel. So i bought one. $9.99 plus free 2 day shipping = win.
THANKS OP!
:whistle2:s

[quote name='Serpentor']i heard that the wheel setup sucks (for Mario Cart Wii that is)... you're better off with the nunchuck or the controllers.[/QUOTE]

I heard it's good, and it's the people that suck.

[quote name='keithp']I heard it's good, and it's the people that suck.[/quote]

Highly Agree with this. The Wheel makes it so easy to grab and the Drift button easily within reach.

Bought mine at Target. I'll say for this deal first look at Target, BB, CC, & Walmart before buying it on amazon.

[quote name='Greenboom98']Highly Agree with this. The Wheel makes it so easy to grab and the Drift button easily within reach.

Bought mine at Target. I'll say for this deal first look at Target, BB, CC, & Walmart before buying it on amazon.[/QUOTE]

Why?
For me, I have prime. I ordered it today at $9.99 and free 2 day shipping. I ordered it TODAY and I got the shipping notice that said it will arrive TOMORROW.
^ doesn't get more convenient then that.

Got my second one in the mail today, and the GF and I played a bit. It's a lot of fun with the wheel imo - then again, I'm not a die-hard MK player. Getting a bunch of friends over on Friday and we should have 4 wheels then, so that should be fun. :)

Interesting to note the MSRP is $9.99, but since I have prime this still saved me tax.

Not trying to start a flamewar but is there honestly any point to this? Its just a piece of plastic to slap the Wiimote onto, thats it. =\

Besides, Wiimote-only option was confirmed to be the worst in an IGN review (or maybe Gametrailers, not sure) while Wiimote + Nunchuck was the best, Virtual Console/Gamecube controllers in the middle.

Veteran MK player, and I prefer the wheel. To put this in perspective, my dad, who's a racing game nut, for 20+ years has had to deal w/ just barely loosing to me in console racing games like Mario Kart. With the wheel, which is what he plays other racing games with, he rips my cold, dead ass from my body and puts it on a pike, whether I'm using the wheel, nunchuck or gc controller. Online the guy is unstoppable using the wheel.

If you are good at playing racing games w/ a stationary wheel, you'll love this and rip opponents to bits. If you've only used thumbsticks for your whole life, you're very apt to gripe about it. Just give it a try.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Not trying to start a flamewar but is there honestly any point to this? Its just a piece of plastic to slap the Wiimote onto, thats it. =\

Besides, Wiimote-only option was confirmed to be the worst in an IGN review (or maybe Gametrailers, not sure) while Wiimote + Nunchuck was the best, Virtual Console/Gamecube controllers in the middle.[/QUOTE]

Actually there is. Some people do like to use the wheel. In fact, as it's turning out, there seems to be A LOT of people who enjoy using the wheel. There's a poll in the Wii Forum about which controller you prefer, and last time I checked the Wii Wheel was winning.

[quote name='argyle']Got my second one in the mail today, and the GF and I played a bit. It's a lot of fun with the wheel imo - then again, I'm not a die-hard MK player. Getting a bunch of friends over on Friday and we should have 4 wheels then, so that should be fun. :)

Interesting to note the MSRP is $9.99, but since I have prime this still saved me tax.[/quote]

And it is worth it not to have to pay montgomery's crappy 10% tax!

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Not trying to start a flamewar but is there honestly any point to this? Its just a piece of plastic to slap the Wiimote onto, thats it. =\

Besides, Wiimote-only option was confirmed to be the worst in an IGN review (or maybe Gametrailers, not sure) while Wiimote + Nunchuck was the best, Virtual Console/Gamecube controllers in the middle.[/quote]
There is a point to it, several points in fact.

- It keeps your hands steady
- It places the B button in proper reach
- It's comfortable
- It feels sturdy
- It's fun

IGN can have their opinion, but it's not gospel. Using just the Wiimote without the wheel would be worse, since it takes away some control, but I've played Excite Truck like that for months and had a lot of fun. It's all a matter of understanding the rules and design of each control method and working within those rules to find your preference. I prefer the wheel.

[quote name='mephitical']
IGN can have their opinion, but it's not gospel.[/quote]

QFT.

IGN has quickly fallen towards the bottom of my list of places I'd trust to review a title.

[quote name='lilboo']Why?
For me, I have prime. I ordered it today at $9.99 and free 2 day shipping. I ordered it TODAY and I got the shipping notice that said it will arrive TOMORROW.
^ doesn't get more convenient then that.[/QUOTE]

Or just be happy with free shipping on $25+, and no sales tax. I order a ton of stuff from Amazon, but I'm too cheap to go Prime.

power sliding with the wheel is very easy....after playing and mastering the wii wheel...i honestly can't even imagine playing with the thumbsticks anymore rofl

bread's done
Back