SingStar PS3 - General Discussion & Info - SingStar Dance now available ...

StrandedBrit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
SingStar PS3

SingStar Vol 2 PS3

SingStar Queen PS3

SingStar ABBA PS3

SingStar Dance PS3

Songs available to buy in the SingStore ...

Click this link to see all songs at the SingStar website ...

Click this link to see a Google Document of SingStar Dance add-on songs.
Provided by evergoo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 30 tracks? Kinda weak.

But jeeeeeeezus that's a lot of DLC. Is that all supposed to be up at launch? Amazed to see American Pie on there. One of the best songs evarrrr. And also a few other songs that I wanna see on RockBand. How the heck can Singstar get Today by the Pumpkins and we don't see it on RB?

EDIT: DAAAAAYUM they got Hammer!!!!

Oh BTW, I also posted in the GameSharing thread, but if anyone is looking at getting this and buying songs from the store, post in there as I'd be up for that.

I'm kind of interested in the game. Does it get boring or is it mainly one of those games you play with your friend?

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I have some of the PS2 Singstars and I'm wondering if I could use those PS2 mics that I have for this game?[/quote]

Just read this and they says YES! Looks like I'll be keeping mine as well. And the article says that's 200 songs to download at launch with around 50 or so per month there on out.

[quote name='Blackout542']I'm kind of interested in the game. Does it get boring or is it mainly one of those games you play with your friend?[/quote]

If you like karaoke then it's great. Other than that it's always a laugh with friends and/or booze.:lol:

Thanks for the post, I read Kotaku's article but it didn't have any info on the downloadable content. I'm happy about the $1.49 per song, and damn that's a big list of songs. There's some from the previous Singstars that I was hoping to see on there, but oh well.

I absolutely cannot wait for this game. I love Karaoke games and I've been wanting SingStar for ages. I just passed up because I wanted SingStar on PS3.

Only thing I want to hear is Vanilla Ice as some DLC (lol, I seriously want to sing to Ice Ice Baby, which is the only reason I want SingStar 90's Edition).

Hmm, should I buy used microphones cheap at GS and get the standalone version?

I'm SO buying M.C. Hammer and En Vogue, and I definitely plan to sing to them. :p

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm SO buying M.C. Hammer and En Vogue, and I definitely plan to sing to them. :p[/quote]

I got 90's which has Hammer on there and it's hard! I suck at all the rap-o-meter songs actually.

List is good, and with up to 10 new songs a week, it should be real cool for the future.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Just read this and they says YES! Looks like I'll be keeping mine as well. And the article says that's 200 songs to download at launch with around 50 or so per month there on out.

[/quote]

Awesome! I'm definitely getting this then. :D
Lots of songs to download as well, can't wait!

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Just read this and they says YES! Looks like I'll be keeping mine as well. And the article says that's 200 songs to download at launch with around 50 or so per month there on out.[/QUOTE]

Now I know where Sony's been allocating all the PSX games on PSN development folks. Christ what a difference.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Why aren't there more tracks on the actual disc? Hmm...[/QUOTE]

You *know* the answer to that 'un.

EDIT: My opinion of this game? Make new cover art. I don't want to have to look at that chachi-lookin' fucker everytime I put the disc in.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Why aren't there more tracks on the actual disc? Hmm...[/quote]

At 40 bucks a disc and with 30 songs that turns out to be $1.33 each. Not that shabby, but that's the way all the SingStars have always been. 30 songs. It's just that now we actually get pick more from the store.

I do think they should have upped it to 40 maybe. Last gen it was $30 for 30 songs on PS2. They increased the price to 40 so you'd have thought that maybe we would be 40 songs. Oh well.

Still no interest in a SingStar song sharing group?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Why aren't there more tracks on the actual disc? Hmm...[/QUOTE]Song licensing is usually the explaination for why they don't put a lot of music in games. Sony themselves has to pay for the licensing, and if they were to have 100+ songs, that could basically mean they'd lose money on each copy sold, so that's what songs are limited (same reason as to why DDR Universe on 360 has content on the disc, but you gotta pay to use it because it pays for licensing).

[quote name='StrandedBrit']
Still no interest in a SingStar song sharing group?[/QUOTE]I probably won't share my songs.

[quote name='MorPhiend']So, I reckon the two Logitec mics I have and the one mic that came with Rock Band don't work on this game.[/QUOTE]Nope, because two SingStar mics plug into one USB. It works a tad different too.

[quote name='mykevermin']

EDIT: My opinion of this game? Make new cover art. I don't want to have to look at that chachi-lookin' fucker everytime I put the disc in.[/quote]

Seriously. What were they thinking? Looks like something you'd see in a Game Infarcer review.

[quote name='TimPV3']The nice thing is for $1.49, you get the music video in HD.[/quote]

Not necessarily. I don't think there's any downloadable songs with HD video in the Euro store.

Even Sony's blog has sorta back peddled from that claim to "When you think that you’re getting the song PLUS the video by the original artist PLUS it’s all fully playable via SingStar, it’s a great value."

Apology for the noob question, but what makes singstar different than Karaoke Revolution or Rock Band Vocals?

Is this one more of a straight up Karaoke machine type thing?

Mana may have a more in depth analysis for you ....

But I think Karaoke Revolution and SingStar are very similar with SingStar having the real music videos and real artists vs Karaokes (and Rock Bands) covers/lack of music video. It's really up to what songs you can find/like on each.

As for Rock Band, I've tried both and it seems that Rock Band vocals are a lot less complex. It was very easy to get 100% on easy. On SingStar I've never got 100% on easy (some close though). That and you only really get rock songs, whereas SingStar has a larger variety.

EDIT: Still looking for people for a SingStar Gameshare group.

So has there been any word on if the Mics included with the PS3 version will work with the PS2 games (played on a PS3)? confusing?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']So has there been any word on if the Mics included with the PS3 version will work with the PS2 games (played on a PS3)? confusing?[/QUOTE]I think they should, but can't remember if I heard that around GameFAQs or not.

Amazon has a $5 off deal right now. Not sure when it expires but if you use the promotional code SINGSTAR when checking out you get $5 off. That means you can get the standalone for 35 and bundle for 55.

Here's the link.

I just pre-ordered a standalone for $34.99 with free shipping (and no tax).

While going through the list of music, I will download for sure:
A-ha - Take On Me
Belinda Carlise - Heaven Is A Place On Earth
Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
Britney Spears - Baby One More Time
Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime
Duran Duran - Ordinary World
En Vogue - Free Your Mind
MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This
Natalie Imbruglia - Torn
Sister Sledge - We Are Family
The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men

There will be many more, because that's music I know off the top of my head. There are many songs I love, but don't know the name.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Does KR have exclusivity on Michael Jackson or something? I haven't seen one MJ song on SingStar, and those would sell bajillions![/QUOTE]I doubt it, but I want to buy them for Michael Jackson songs.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
[/quote]

For me, that was probably one one of the hardest songs to sing and get a perfect score on Singstar Pop... Cyndi's vocals go all over the place! :D

It's a fun song though. :)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I doubt it, but I want to buy them for Michael Jackson songs.[/QUOTE]

You can get all the micheal Jackson songs in Moonwalker for the Genesis~ lol

Just fired it up earlier today on my surround sound system, and it was fun hearing my voice come through with the song as well (hooray for nobody else being home during the day). I downloaded the Lordi song, and while I can usually sing rock/metal sort of decently, I just cannot find the right pitch to the Lemmy sounding like vocals. I'm always either too high or too low. Also, anyone else take a look at the videos yet? Definitely poke around the "hall of fame" area, there are some quite entertaining videos on there. The auto calibration was nice as well, all I had to do was hold the blue mic 10 centimeters from my right speaker, and it played some beeps and automatically determined a 30 ms audio lag for my system.

The songs on the disc are weak, [in terms of amount] especially when you compare it to the amount of DLC songs that are present. oh well..

Some of the videos are particularly weak sauce standard definition. Rio, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, She Bop look like bad Youtube recordings.

I'm up to about 75 songs.

I got the game, but awaiting for my mics to arrive (should be here Wednesday). I'm crazy excited to play this, because I spent a few hours previewing songs and watching videos of people singing. I could spend all day watching videos of people singing. I plan to post several of me singing eventually.

The songlist on the SingStar store rocks, and will make me good broke. My only gripe is there are many good songs in SingStar 90's which SingStar on PS3 lacks (making me want to buy SingStar 90's asap):
# Arrested Development- Tennessee
# Boyz II Men- Motownphilly :hot:
# Chumbawamba- Tubthumping
# Color Me Badd- I Wanna Sex You Up
# Divinyls- I Touch Myself
# En Vogue- Free Your Mind
# Extreme- More Than Words
# Gin Blossoms- Hey Jealousy
# Hootie and The Blowfish- Only Wanna Be With You
# Jesus Jones- Right Here, Right Now
# Len- Steal My Sunshine
# MC Hammer- U Can’t Touch This
# Natalie Imbruglia- Torn
# New Kids On The Block- Step By Step :hot: :hot:
# Nirvana- Lithium
# Paula Abdul- Opposites Attract
# Poison- Unskinny Bop
# R.E.M.- Everybody Hurts
# Santana feat. Rob Thomas- Smooth
# Savage Garden- I Want You
# Seal- Kiss From A Rose
# Sir Mix A Lot- Baby Got Back :hot: :hot: :hot:
# Sixpence None The Richer- Kiss Me
# Soundgarden- Black Hole Sun
# Spin Doctors- Two Princes
# Technotronic feat. Felly- Pump Up The Jam
# The Cranberries- Zombie
# Vanilla Ice- Ice Ice Baby :hot: :hot: :hot:
# Wilson Phillips- Hold On

I hope there are more M.C. Hammer (like Too Legit, Have You Seen Her), New Kid's on the Block (The Right Stuff, Hanging Tough, Tonight), etc. songs on the SingStar store. I just have way too many childhood memories of that music. It be nice to see more old school rap, like Naughty By Nature (Hip Hop Hooray), Kris Kross (like Jump, Warm It Up Kris, I missed the Bus), Wrex'n Effect, 2-Pac (Changes), etc.

I also want Madoona, Material Girl (which was in SingStar 80's).

Can't WAIT to pick this up.
How long is the cable for the microphone? I should be able to use my USB extension cable if I need it right?

[quote name='Azumangaman']Can't WAIT to pick this up.
How long is the cable for the microphone? I should be able to use my USB extension cable if I need it right?[/QUOTE]I believe it's the same length of the PS2 ones. I'll let everyone know on Wednesday.

I've been on YouTube watching SingStar videos. Fun to watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmfYng2VQyQ

That person posted over 170 or so. :shock:

I'm curious as to whether the U.S. version of SingStar Pop had the song Rihanna - S.O.S., because I watched the video and really liked it (hope it comes to the SingStar store).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']

I'm curious as to whether the U.S. version of SingStar Pop had the song Rihanna - S.O.S., because I watched the video and really liked it (hope it comes to the SingStar store).[/quote]

Yeah, it does have S.O.S. on Singstar Pop. I pretty sure it does since I own that game. ;)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Yeah, it does have S.O.S. on Singstar Pop. I pretty sure it does since I own that game. ;)[/quote]

Confirmed. My kid sings the fuck out of that song. It's one of the more difficult ones too.

i wish they would have buy 10 song get 1 song free packs. Or maybe not even packs, just reward buyers after 10 songs u get 1 free.

Here's the songs I'm probably going to get...

A-ha - Take On Me
Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
Billy Joel - Piano Man
Blondie - Heart Of Glass
Blur - Song2
Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart
Britney Spears - Baby One More Time
Don McLean - American Pie
Mr Big - To Be With You
Natalie Imbruglia - Torn
Nena - 99 Red Balloons
Spice Girls - Wannabe