- - - - -

SingStar PS3 - General Discussion & Info - SingStar Dance now available ...

#1351 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3273 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:36 AM

That 80s part 2 song pack is fuckin amazing

#1352 evergoo   Proud to be Frugal CAGiversary!   1975 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:48 AM

ZOMG. I will drop $50 easy this week on this. You finally win Singstar...

Spoiler

Good news everyone.

http://blog.us.plays...gs-coming-1215/

I just came.

Just kidding! Dayum indeed. Some of my songs are trapped in my old PS3 and it's a BLESSING to recover them. I thought this day would NEVER HAPPEN. :whee:

Speaking of Dance songs, I highly recommend downloading Cotton Eye Joe & Fight for this Love. The choreography is just too fun!

#1353 mkernan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3192 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:04 AM

Just FYI, I was able to migrate 4 tracks from my old PS3 to my new one. I had to call Sony support and request it and they acted like they weren't sure they could do it, but they'd try to put it through. Almost two week later, I was able to finally re-download them on my new system.

#1354 Mana Knight   Cloud Strife CAGiversary!   14401 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Mana Knight

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:53 AM

One step in the right direction a little too late...

I'd put more of the blame on UMG just not wanting to support the SingStore. I would not be surprised if SingStar Dance releasing kind of changed their mind.

Lastly, SOME songs like by Depeche(sp) Mode will never come since WMG owns their label in the U.S. WMG still is not supporting the store, but I don't believe they are supporting any music game via digital downloads right now.

#1355 creid   Dead For The Summer CAGiversary!   6779 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:22 AM

Lastly, SOME songs like by Depeche Mode will never come

Goddammit. This is all I really wanted from the European store.

#1356 addone   Ni! Ni! Ni! CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:22 PM

This is all I really wanted from the European store.

Its all I ever wanted, all I ever needed...words are very unnecessary; they can only do harm

#1357 lordopus99   Training for the silver CAGiversary!   5138 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

lordopus99

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:26 PM

I'd put more of the blame on UMG just not wanting to support the SingStore. I would not be surprised if SingStar Dance releasing kind of changed their mind.

I put blame more on the developer. Ever wonder why they don't post updates on the playstation blog... ever wonder why a rep only shows up every blue moon to answers questions on the game on any blog or forum... where are those damn wireless mics that the EU has had for over a year... Singstar Dance just well showed up, no marketing and all...

My guess is the developer never tried to work out a contract with UMG until just recently. Just a guess based on the lack of the support from the developer these past years.

#1358 creid   Dead For The Summer CAGiversary!   6779 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:37 PM

My guess is the developer never tried to work out a contract with UMG until just recently. Just a guess based on the lack of the support from the developer these past years.

Doubtable. UMG probably just wanted too much money.

#1359 mtxbass1   This space for rent. CAGiversary!   11092 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:40 PM

I put blame more on the developer. Ever wonder why they don't post updates on the playstation blog... ever wonder why a rep only shows up every blue moon to answers questions on the game on any blog or forum... where are those damn wireless mics that the EU has had for over a year... Singstar Dance just well showed up, no marketing and all...

It has nothing to do with the developer and everything to do with the publisher/UMG. The developer has no say in the matter. They made the game, put it out, updated it if necessary, but as far as releasing actual songs or products that is out of their control.

#1360 Wolfkin   The Eternal Second Banana CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:39 PM

yeah well his fault her fault don't care. this means months of songs to get before I start complaining again.

#1361 mtxbass1   This space for rent. CAGiversary!   11092 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:56 AM

The update is out and it feels underwhelming. I swore I've played most of these songs on other SS discs before. I still picked up the Kings of Leon pack and I'm debating a few more.

Edit: I didn't know you could download the free Guitar and Dance game types, then play the guitar/dance enabled tracks. That saves me from having to track down SS Dance for a while...

Edited by mtxbass1, 16 December 2010 - 01:58 AM.

#1362 creid   Dead For The Summer CAGiversary!   6779 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:30 AM

Its all I ever wanted, all I ever needed...words are very unnecessary; they can only do harm

I'm so disappointed I didn't think of this first.

#1363 evergoo   Proud to be Frugal CAGiversary!   1975 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:03 AM

Just had thee BEST SingStar experience of my life. 13 grad students plus me sang and danced our worries away. Biggest crew was 2 singers and 8 dancers. Too epic. I need to upload some vids.

Pros and Cons about the recent SingStar changes:

+ Dance dlc. The game has become infinitely better because of this aspect, especially at parties!
+ UMG caring about US PS3 owners.
- Spending a lot of money on Dance dlc. I'm way too impulsive on buying.
- Dance/Guitar add-ons must correspond with the correct region version. So no Lady Gaga's Just Dance (UK version) with Dance add-on (US version).

#1364 Mana Knight   Cloud Strife CAGiversary!   14401 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Mana Knight

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:56 AM

They did try to work with UMG. It's just that UMG wanted FULL control over how SingStar pricing works. They threatened to pull music from iTunes unless the pricing structure was changed. That's just how UMG is, since they have the most music, they feel that digital downloads should be handled the way they want them to. Their only reason for supporting SingStar in the end (mostly in Europe) was because it has quite a large userbase. I posted TONS of articles throughout this thread about UMG.

EMI music on the other hand, they are just happy to have their music used anywhere and won't fight over money.

Goddammit. This is all I really wanted from the European store.

Mute Records (if I got the name right) is distributed by EMI in Europe, Warner Music Group in NA.

I don't expect the recent update to be all the music we will get. Queen, some Rhianna songs, etc. are still distributed by UMG in NA.

#1365 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8945 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

Hey Mana Knight, apologize for the SingStar devs some more. I had been missing that when you gave up for a while.

#1366 Wolfkin   The Eternal Second Banana CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:27 PM

but again does it really matter. Now that the songs are on deck does it really matter why it took them so long. This is like Angry Rob admitting the VGAs are tons better than they used to be and then still trying to bash them over stuff they don't do anymore.

#1367 freakyzeeky   Trophy Ho CAGiversary!   3931 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

freakyzeeky

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

- Dance/Guitar add-ons must correspond with the correct region version. So no Lady Gaga's Just Dance (UK version) with Dance add-on (US version).

Boooo!!! I would have loved to see this integration, though I guess it wasn't unexpected given the DRM they use for songs.

#1368 creid   Dead For The Summer CAGiversary!   6779 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:59 AM

Hey Mana Knight, apologize for the SingStar devs some more. I had been missing that when you gave up for a while.

Developers don't deal with licensing, publishers do. And since the publisher is Sony..... yeah.

#1369 StrandedBrit   Invaders Must Die CAGiversary!   2241 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

StrandedBrit

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:34 PM

Too lazy to search. Cheapest place to get wireless mics? I know they will still be too much :(

#1370 freakyzeeky   Trophy Ho CAGiversary!   3931 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

freakyzeeky

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:11 PM

Cheapest I've found (even for the mics I bought myself) was at HMV.com. They want £29.99 for the mics, so you decide to buy from them, it'll come to $46-47, plus whatever they charge for shipping. I think I've spent a little over $50 total.

#1371 lorddct   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   365 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

For the US market I think this is the best place to get the wireless mics.

http://www.cdwow.us/...pack/dp/4754261

Does anyone know why the Cheryle Cole and Tiffany Dance add-ons are locked out for the US market?

#1372 freakyzeeky   Trophy Ho CAGiversary!   3931 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

freakyzeeky

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:16 PM

Strange... I was trying to find the wireless mics on CDWOW the other day, and couldn't find them... would be easier to order from there as well. ;)

#1373 SMY36738   3D Dot Game Link!! CAGiversary!   5534 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:49 PM

Weird question... is there anyway to get the Lips (Xbox 360) mic to work with Singstar?

#1374 mtxbass1   This space for rent. CAGiversary!   11092 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:59 PM

Weird question... is there anyway to get the Lips (Xbox 360) mic to work with Singstar?

Never going to happen.

#1375 Wolfkin   The Eternal Second Banana CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

yeah PS3 uses bluetooth Xbox uses.. something special, proprietary and completely incompatible. By this logic I think we'd have a better chance of getting Wii wireless stuff to work. Am I remembering correctly that the Wii uses Bluetooth?

#1376 SMY36738   3D Dot Game Link!! CAGiversary!   5534 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:18 AM

Wii does use bluetooth.

Boo on the Lips mic not being compatible.

#1377 Wolfkin   The Eternal Second Banana CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:30 PM

ugh.. it never occurred to me before but now this makes the whole Guitar Hero thing even more annoying. Wii guitar require you to implant a remote into the plastic. (They're not even cheaper) Why couldn't they just do it like the PS3. that's the OTHER reason I'm switching to PS3 for instrument games.

#1378 mtxbass1   This space for rent. CAGiversary!   11092 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

Singstore Update for this week.

New SingStar Tracks – $1.49 Each:

• 3 Doors Down, Kryptonite
  • A-ha, Foot Of The Mountain
  • A-ha, Shadowside
  • Alicia Bridges, I Love The Nightlife
  • Aqua, Barbie Girl
  • Billy Ray Cyrus, Achy Breaky Heart
  • Boyz II Men, I'll Make Love To You
  • Cher, If I Could Turn Back Time
  • Dexy's Midnight Runners, Come On Eileen
  • Edwin Starr, War
  • Ellie Goulding, Guns & Horses
  • Florence and the Machine, Kiss With A Fist
  • Will.I.Am feat. Cheryl Cole, Heartbreaker
  • Hoobastank, The Reason
  • Jodeci, Freak N You
  • Joe McElderry, Someone Wake Me Up
  • Kaiser Chiefs, Ruby
  • Keith Urban, Who Wouldn't Wanna Be Me
  • La Roux, In For The Kill
  • Lionel Richie, All Night Long
  • Lionel Richie, Hello
  • Lionel Richie, Angel
  • Hinder, Lips Of An Angel
  • Lloyd, Get It Shawty
  • Maroon 5, This Love
  • Mika, Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
  • Morrissey, You Have Killed Me
  • N-dubz Feat. Mr Hudson, Playing With Fire
  • Ne-Yo, Because Of You
  • No Doubt, Don't Speak
  • No Doubt, Just A Girl
  • No Doubt, Ex-Girlfriend
  • No Doubt, Hella Good
  • No Doubt, Running
  • One Republic, Stop And Stare
  • Orson, No Tomorrow
  • Pearl Jam, Alive
  • Pereza, Estrella Polar
  • Pulp, Common People
  • LL Cool J, I Need Love
  • Razorlight, America
  • Robert Palmer, Addicted To Love
  • Queens of the Stone Age, Go With The Flow
  • Rockwell, Somebody's Watching Me
  • Scissor Sisters, Take Your Mama
  • Sophie Ellis Bextor, Murder On The Dancefloor
  • Squeeze, Tempted
  • Sum 41, Motivation
  • Susan Boyle, Amazing Grace
  • Talk Talk, It's My Life
  • The Bravery, Believe
  • The Christians, Harvest For The World
  • The Clash, Rock The Casbah
  • The Commodores, Three Times A Lady
  • The Commodores, Easy
  • The Foundations, Build Me Up Buttercup
  • The Fratellis, Chelsea Dagger
  • The Police, Don't Stand So Close To Me
  • The Supremes, Stop in The Name Of Love
  • The Velvet Underground, I'm Sticking With You
  • The Wonder Stuff, Size Of A Cow
  • The Wonder Stuff, A Wish Away
  • Robyn, Be Mine
  • Yeasayer, O.N.E
PlayStation Move/Dance Add-Ons – $0.49 to Upgrade:

• Lou Bega, Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit Of...)
  • Dizzee Rascal feat. Calvin Harris & Chrome, Dance Wiv Me
  • Britney Spears, Born To Make You Happy
  • The Foundations, Build Me Up Buttercup
  • Aqua, Barbie Girl
  • Billy Ray Cyrus, Achy Breaky Heart
  • Dexy's Midnight Runners, Come On Eileen
  • Will.I.Am feat. Cheryl Cole, Heartbreaker

Island Records Song Pack- $6.99:

• U2, With Or Without You
  • The Christians, Harvest For The World
  • Mika, Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
  • The Fratellis, Chelsea Dagger
  • Pulp, Common People

Lionel Richie And The Commodores Song Pack- $6.99:

• Lionel Richie, All Night Long
  • The Commodores, Three Times A Lady
  • Lionel Richie, Hello
  • The Commodores, Easy
  • Lionel Richie, Angel

A-Ha Song Pack- $6.99:

• Foot Of The Mountain
  • Shadowside
  • Hunting High and Low
  • Take on Me
  • The Sun Always Shines on TV
No Doubt Song Pack- $6.99:

• Don't Speak
  • Just A Girl
  • Ex-Girlfriend
  • Hella Good
  • Running
*head asplodes*

#1379 Wolfkin   The Eternal Second Banana CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:59 AM

ahh. my problem with song packs is there's always ONE song i don't really want. and since the song packs only save you 50 cents I'm thinking I'm pretty much better off just buying them individually. but then if I get a new harddrive i'm sure redownloading packs would be easier than downloading everything one at a time.

#1380 mtxbass1   This space for rent. CAGiversary!   11092 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:48 PM

Update for this week...

http://blog.us.plays...-44-new-tracks/

New SingStar Tracks – $1.49 Each:

• 4 Non Blondes, What’s Up?
  • Aerosmith, Dude (Looks Like A Lady)
  • Darren Styles, Save Me
  • Desmond Dekker & The Aces, Israelites
  • Eddy Grant, Electric Avenue
  • Eddy Grant, I Don’t Wanna Dance
  • Eddy Grant, Baby Come Back
  • Eddy Grant, Gimme Hope Jo’anna