Akihabara Questions...

n8r0n

CAGiversary!
I will be visiting Tokyo in a few weeks and I have a few questions for my fellow CAGs in Japan.

What are some good gaming items to look for while I am there?

What shops should I go to?

Would it be possible to trade some US games such as Earthbound? Would I get anything for them or should I just leave them at home?

If I buy a Japanese version of a console, will I be able to use it in the US. I know that Japan uses 100v and the US uses 110v.

Thanks in advance.

I've been living in a dormitory at Senshu University since Friday, so I might only be of little help. I have seen a store that trades games, CDs, DVDs, but I'm not sure if they would accept something like that. That's not to say they wouldn't, but it would have to be a Nintendo DS game, or at least something that is not region locked to be of any value, I would think.

As for shops, Akihabara is good, but really crowded. There is also so much to choose from, that it is difficult sometimes. I would say maybe Nishimaru...I thin that's the name. Or try walking around your neighborhood. Where I live some friends and I found a used electronics store that was selling computers, TVs, and other things for cheap. They also had a super famicon and a GBC that was only 500 yen (about $5).

As for the Japanese console, I would say buy it only if you really want it and will be importing a lot of Japanese games once you return. For the most part, the Wii and PS3 are as or more expensive than US prices. The 360 can be found for under $350, though, with harddrive.

For gaming, I would say, go to Sega World store and local gaming places, haha. ANYway, good luck and enjoy the city! I hope you know some Japanese! I think it would be difficult without it.

bread's done
Back