EB/GS: Buy Nyko Perfect Shot and HotD Returns OR Ghost Squad and save $10

lilboo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
I was at Gamestop yesterday and I saw a big stand up sign saying this. I understand this deal is sorta YMMV since it's pretty hard to find a Perfect Shot in stores, but getting the Perfect Shot with HotD Returns OR Ghost Squad for $35 is a pretty awesome deal, IMO

I didn't have time to take a pic of the sign. I'm sure someone here can take a pic of it and I can update the OP if people are interested in this deal.
This seems to be a B&M only deal as I looked online and saw nothing.

I also checked the forums and I did not see anyone post this. So if someone did, I apologize :)

FYI, I believe it said sale ends 5/18

i saw this on sunday night (they put up the ad early) im pretty sure its nationwide, only problem is they gotta have the perfect shot in stock which is doubtful, luckily my store had one left so i picked it up..great deal

Gamestop employees are so clueless about the promotions the store is doing. I asked one of the girls (no...just no) about this and she said they weren't doing anything like that. I look at my receipt, sure enough, HOTD was 19.99 instead of 29.99. They didn't have any signs up in the store about it either.

At least i got the discount.:)

Stopped in to a local GameStop today in Howard Beach and they said the promotion was over after checking a book. They did not have HotD or the gun in stock anyway. I may still give this a shot at one of the GS on 125th St. in Harlem on my way home from work tomorrow.

Picked up HotD 2&3 and the Perfect Shot at GS on 125th St. in Harlem. I had to ask for the perfect shot, it was in a cabinet. $10 off the game. I didn't even ask about the sale, I figured I would return them to another store if the price was regular. Who knows how long this will last.

[quote name='reicaden']was this used stock?>[/QUOTE]

Anyone know the answer as to whether this works on used games as well?

Worked for me as well, didn't have to ask for the promotion. Picked up the last 2 perfect shots so the GF isn't left out, sorry CAGs.

But, we can say: Your Milage Should Not Vary.

I did get the last PS at my GS.
Beat the crap out of my high scores on Links Crossbow Training.
I love that thing.
Wish I had more money for HotD.
I do have Ghost Squad. :D

Thanks for the post! I went to gamestop in Wilshire/vermont in LA,CA and the employee said there is no such promotion for the two products when I mentioned it. I told her I'll take the items anyways (the PS was the last one on that store). She rings up the items and she had a long paused. I just smiled and asked if the promotion was showing on the computer. and She said yes. I will confirm that this looks very very "NOT YMMV" deal. This seems to be a nationwide store promotion (kind of quiet for a promotion since there aren't a lot of perfect shot accessories available).
So if they have the items in stock and you're intersted, just buy them anyways even if they tell you there is no such promotion. If you end up paying full price for both items, you can always return them as long as you don't open the game.

Little update here. There were no signs in my GameStop and none of the employees knew about the deal, but I was lucky enough to stumble upon a Perfect Shot and House of the Dead, took it to the clerk, and it rang up as saving $10.

Dang, and I ordered 2 perfect shots from Amazon a few weeks ago. I should have held on one and used this for HotD 2&3... :cry:

[quote name='utopianmachine']So, still, anyone know if you can get a Perfect Shot and Ghost Squad or HoTD used and get the same discount?[/QUOTE]

I believe the date on the sign said 5/15 or 5/18, sorry for not knowing exactly. This *should* be going on still. If your GS has both in stock, just ring them up and see what happens :bouncy:

[quote name='utopianmachine']So, still, anyone know if you can get a Perfect Shot and Ghost Squad or HoTD used and get the same discount?[/quote]
Sorry, I have no idea if this works for used games. I'd be inclined to think that it doesn't, but I really don't know. Since it's B&M the worst that can happen is they say no? The employees at my store didn't even know the deal was going on, so if you catch one napping, you may be able to pull it off for a used copy [if, of course, you can find one].

The deal does NOT work for used games. The promotion applies automatically in their system when the rep rings the items up. The discount happens if you ring up a new copy of Ghost Squad of HoTD, but not if you ring up a used copy. I tried.

Got a Perfect Shot and Ghost Squad today. Somehow, my copy of Ghost Squad was still sealed. A sealed game from Gamestop, people, which isn't a new release. I couldn't believe it.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Somehow, my copy of Ghost Squad was still sealed. A sealed game from Gamestop, people, which isn't a new release. I couldn't believe it.[/QUOTE]

both the copies that i got were sealed as well... not exactly a rarity. they gut one copy, deal with it; if that's such a problem for you (and i will admit that i don't buy gutted copies), then don't support them. as much as bashing gamestop is hilarious, this is troll and has no purpose.

[quote name='zenintrude']both the copies that i got were sealed as well... not exactly a rarity. they gut one copy, deal with it; if that's such a problem for you (and i will admit that i don't buy gutted copies), then don't support them. as much as bashing gamestop is hilarious, this is troll and has no purpose.[/QUOTE]

Whatever "troll" came afterwards, the poster offered valuable information about the restrictions of this deal that people have been asking about.

Thanks for clarifying the no-go on used games, Utopian.

[quote name='zenintrude']both the copies that i got were sealed as well... not exactly a rarity. they gut one copy, deal with it; if that's such a problem for you (and i will admit that i don't buy gutted copies), then don't support them. as much as bashing gamestop is hilarious, this is troll and has no purpose.[/quote]

I really don't know why you attacked me like this. In my experience (and there are plenty of folks on CAG that express similar experiences, especially with getting Gamestop stickers on manuals now), I've only got sealed copies of games if they just came out.

I wasn't saying, "Oh, Gamestop sucks because the games aren't always sealed." I simply expressed my amazement at getting a sealed game.

Bashing Gamestop? Not at all.

[quote name='snipegod']Thanks for clarifying the no-go on used games, Utopian.[/quote]

You're welcome. I tried to get the used copy partly for CAG, just to see if it would work. Also, of course, wanted to save a few dollars, but the difference between the new and used copies are only $3, so it hardly makes a difference.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I really don't know why you attacked me like this. In my experience (and there are plenty of folks on CAG that express similar experiences, especially with getting Gamestop stickers on manuals now), I've only got sealed copies of games if they just came out.

I wasn't saying, "Oh, Gamestop sucks because the games aren't always sealed." I simply expressed my amazement at getting a sealed game.

Bashing Gamestop? Not at all.

You're welcome. I tried to get the used copy partly for CAG, just to see if it would work. Also, of course, wanted to save a few dollars, but the difference between the new and used copies are only $3, so it hardly makes a difference.[/quote]

Attack? It seems he was just pointing out a fact. If you like to leave a snarky little comment after your constructive posts to make yourself feel cool then be prepared to take a tap on the cheek.

[quote name='Xtreem813']Attack? It seems he was just pointing out a fact. If you like to leave a snarky little comment after your constructive posts to make yourself feel cool then be prepared to take a tap on the cheek.[/quote]

I guess 'snarky' is open to interpretation, like everything else really. I really meant nothing by my comment.

bread's done
Back