[Canada] EB Games: GTAIV has a TIV of $60 until May 13th

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Thought it deserved its own topic, it was brought up in the TIV thread.

Someone want to verify the info I got at my EB Games though? It sounds too good to be true, but it was at EB Metrotown which is usually really on top of their game. I'm inclined to trust them, but yeesh. Trade in GTAIV before May 13th, no receipt required so it can be from any store, and you get full trade in credit ($59.99). Basically, GTAIV has a TIV of $60 until May 13th. Superstore gives a free 1400 points MS point card with GTAIV. EB itself gives a free Cineplex movie ticket with GTAIV purchase...

I thought the free movie ticket was in regards to the trade 3 deal for gta. A free 1400 points card does sound tempting though.

[quote name='imcrazy']I thought the free movie ticket was in regards to the trade 3 deal for gta.[/quote]
Yup only apply to The trade 3

Is the box art for the LE and regular edition the same? If so I might have to go to Superstore tommorow and get a points card. :bouncy: Just one! Does that count as hoarding D:

Interesting.

I already got my 1400 points card, but I hear a lot of people are having trouble with that promotion, so good luck.

Also, remember that you pay tax for the game at Superstore, so the points card wouldn't quite be free if you do this. It would be $7.80 in Ontario, for example. Still good though!

trade-in credit is never taxed. I'm doing this more because I was going to wait on GTAIV, but it's like a free rental + 1400 points card!

Right. But I mean, you have to buy the game first, right? If you buy it from Superstore to get the 1400 points card, you pay about $67.80 in Ontario. You trade it back to EB for 60 dollars credit, so you spent $7.80 in cash for the points card.

Or am I missing something?

Nice, I'm going to do this for a different reason. I want to upgrade my normal edition to a special edition for PS3. Hope the $60 TIV is true.

saw it at both of mine, not sure if the 59.99 you get back is tax free, might just count as a refund, but you could most likely buy it and trade it it for any game

[quote name='JnJosh']saw it at both of mine, not sure if the 59.99 you get back is tax free, might just count as a refund, but you could most likely buy it and trade it it for any game[/quote]
Can someone post a pic?

is it a flyer or a coupon?

[quote name='Griptor']Right. But I mean, you have to buy the game first, right? If you buy it from Superstore to get the 1400 points card, you pay about $67.80 in Ontario. You trade it back to EB for 60 dollars credit, so you spent $7.80 in cash for the points card.

Or am I missing something?[/quote]

When you use the EB credit, it's not taxed. So you spend it as if it's $67.80.

[quote name='Ranzo']The TIV is with a coupon given out at the midnight opening only.[/quote]

I asked about a coupon and she said no it's just a trade-in. Maybe she was busy =( Would a scan work? If so, anyone got one ^_^

Yeah, say you spend $59.99 on GTA IV, with tax that's $67.79.
Then you trade it in and get $59.99 store credit.
Say you buy a full priced 360 game. Cost = ($59.99 - TIV) x 1.13
In GTA IV's case, ($59.99 - $59.99) x 1.13 = $0 x 1.13 = $0!

And you would have paid $67.79 for the game normally. No tax! =D

[quote name='Skardee']Yeah, say you spend $59.99 on GTA IV, with tax that's $67.79.
Then you trade it in and get $59.99 store credit.
Say you buy a full priced 360 game. Cost = ($59.99 - TIV) x 1.13
In GTA IV's case, ($59.99 - $59.99) x 1.13 = $0 x 1.13 = $0!

And you would have paid $67.79 for the game normally. No tax! =D[/QUOTE]

As with most coupons, etc, they would charge taxes AND THEN take the discount off.

Some of you don't seem to understand how EB trades work. THIS IS A TRADE IN OFFER. You get $60 TRADE IN CREDIT. TRADE IN CREDIT is NEVER TAXED!

X_X The way Skardee said is how it works. Guaranteed.

Skardee is correct.

How can people be posting here and not know how EB trades work? Member since 2004 and you do not know this?

Worse yet, how can you argue with the folks here that do trades all the time?

Am I missing something here? To me the way I understand it is that you're only saving money here if you find the game on sale somewhere else and (pull an RFD maneouver) trade it in to EB.

P.S. I do understand the no-tax-on-trade-ins policy, but am confused with this process.

Well, excuse me...I've traded to EB once...maybe twice in my life? And I wasn't arguing...

Anyway, thanks for the info, Skardee.

[quote name='TheBigBoi']Am I missing something here? To me the way I understand it is that you're only saving money here if you find the game on sale somewhere else and (pull an RFD maneouver) trade it in to EB.

P.S. I do understand the no-tax-on-trade-ins policy, but am confused with this process.[/quote]

It's like a free trade in. I just am not sure if I want GTA IV right now so I'm thinking of getting it and trading it in after a week and maybe getting it later at Rogers Video during a 2 for $40 sale.

The Superstore thign is icing on the cake as it's a free 1400 points card.

Well this is useless even with a picture of the coupon since I doubt they will accept a print out nor a picture.

you dont need a coupon, just bring the game in 4 locations by me confirmed,

lift the coupon only thing ranzo! for your cag friends!

theres nothing to scan even on it :)

YMMV, but the EB Games around my area are accepting games for $60 TIV until May 13th with no coupon required. Time to upgrade to a SE, woohoo. :)

Ok. I see. I saw GTAIV at EB but held off. I am so tempted to buy, but must save my money
AGHHHHHH
STUPID INTERNET HYPE GO DIE ;_;

[quote name='scary perry']I'm glad. The game is over rated IMO.[/quote]

Spoken like a man who hasn't played it. :roll:

This game is well worth the hype, what else did you expect, 3-D?:booty:

[quote name='SumDumRetard']Spoken like a man who hasn't played it. :roll:

This game is well worth the hype, what else did you expect, 3-D?:booty:[/quote]

Spoken like a jerk that should learn to respect other opinions. Calling me a liar is also either asinine or immature.

I played to the part where I killed Vlad and started working for his boss. I just finished the 'find the LCD TVs' mission.

This 'story' is probably at your level. If you were just a bit smarter you would see how derivative it is. The dialogue is a joke. Its supposed to be a satire, but its as subtle as a sledgehammer.

Its also ugly, runs choppy on a 360 and suffers from a bad camera angle most of the time.

Follow the sheep and play your game. People like you will keep the demand and value high so I won't lose money trading it in.

[quote name='scary perry']Spoken like a jerk that should learn to respect other opinions. Calling me a liar is also either asinine or immature.

I played to the part where I killed Vlad and started working for his boss. I just finished the 'find the LCD TVs' mission.

This 'story' is probably at your level. If you were just a bit smarter you would see how derivative it is. The dialogue is a joke. Its supposed to be a satire, but its as subtle as a sledgehammer.

Its also ugly, runs choppy on a 360 and suffers from a bad camera angle most of the time.

Follow the sheep and play your game. People like you will keep the demand and value high so I won't lose money trading it in.[/quote]

So, what did you want from GTA IV exactly? No doubt you've played the other versions so you'd know exactly what to expect didn't you? GTA is a series, they follow a pattern and if you didn't enjoy the others, why the hell would you buy this one? And if you did enjoy the others, you've got nothing to say on IV, it's leagues ahead of the others.

What's your level mister intellect?, boy meets girl, boy discovers his destiny, boy loses girl but slays dragon but not before filling up various points of strength and vitality to ensure a favorable outcome? Don't you ever condense to me buddy, my library would blow the hell out of anything you have, I've been gaming for nearly 20 years and I know that GTA IV IS a dam good game, it's not for everyone and it never has been but suggesting gamers are lower for playing it is pathetic and shows the real class here.

The jerk comment works both ways pal, F-off. :roll:

I'm so happy about this deal.

Not even going to bother waiting till the 13th.

GTAIV is one of the most frustratly designed games I've ever played.

I went to my EBGames, and asked them what the trade-in value of for GTA was, and they told me $45.

When I told them I heard that it was $60, they said it was only for pre-orders. They said all I needed was the original pre-order receipt.

[quote name='hardwo0d']OMG Tax is 13% in Ontario?!?![/quote]

Is that a OMG that's a lot or OMG that's pretty low. It was 15% just two years ago. :cry:

[quote name='hardwo0d']OMG Tax is 13% in Ontario?!?![/quote]

i wish my province had as many elderly as your state, it'd be 3% then

[quote name='Usuyami']Is that a OMG that's a lot or OMG that's pretty low. It was 15% just two years ago. :cry:[/quote]

In Alberta we're sitting at 5% tax...so if he's living here as well I'd assume that's an OMG. I couldn't imagine paying 15% tax!

[quote name='JnJosh']i wish my province had as many elderly as your state, it'd be 3% then[/QUOTE]

It's not the elderly which makes our sales tax number so low, it is the amount of tourism that makes it that way. Much of the tourism that I see is from Canada; namely Ontario and Quebec as those are the license plates I see all the time.

Limeridge Mall in Hamilton was offering $40. Hoping one of the other local EBs has the $60 value in their system.

I just did this last night in Calgary without any hassle. Didn't even ask for reciept or coupon, even though I had them with me.

bread's done
Back