Cracked shoulder buttons defect on the PSP Slim?

OGHowie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Has anyone else had problems with their Left and Right Shoulder buttons cracking on their PSP Slim? At first I thought maybe I had cracked it while in my bag, but my brother has the same type of crack on his PSP Slim now too, so I'm pretty sure it's a Sony defect. WTF?

I have the Piano Black PSP Slim and my bro has the Ceramic White PSP Slim, but I think all the PSP Slims have this problem.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Holy crap! I JUST checked my PSP slim and my right shoulder button has cracked... this is unbelievable. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Can you take some pics?

It must be some kind of defect like the hinge on the DS Lites.

Yeah I got the same problem and I assume it's a common issue. It doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't spread and cause the button to crack off. My Slim also recently developed cracks near the lower edges outside the screen cover on the face plate.

My Crisis Core PSP also has this problem. However the crack is really small and is actually in the center of the shoulder button. I hope the crack doesn't migrate to the surface.

Good news.

I just called Sony and they are sending me a box to send the PSP in at no charge since it's still covered under warranty.

[quote name='OGHowie']Good news.

I just called Sony and they are sending me a box to send the PSP in at no charge since it's still covered under warranty.[/quote]

Hmmm... think they could somehow send me a replacement since mine's Japanese?

WTF! After reading this thread I checked my psp and it has a crack in the exact same place. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before...this thread is cursed.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']Same thing on my PSP. I bought one the first Daxter bundles. I thought it was just me but apparently not...[/quote]

Exactly the same thing here...guess I'll post a pic later

[quote name='jling84']Hmmm... think they could somehow send me a replacement since mine's Japanese?[/QUOTE]

I think I read somewhere you'd have to send it to the actual country that provides warranty service for that model.

I got the Daxter version the day before it came out, and I don't have any cracks (yet?).

From your pictures, that's a really weird way for those shoulder buttons to crack. It's almost like there's a top layer that's delaminating from the rest of the button or something.

I have a Daxter one since Christmas. No cracks. I could see a crack appear though if I get Wipeout Pulse or God of War Chains of Olymppus.

I don't think the region matters. My brother's is the US Piano Black and mine is an Asian white ceramic. Both were cracked within like 6 months and saw very minimal use. Oh well...as long as the thing doesn't break off...

bread's done
Back